I always make my Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken in a large quantity so we have plenty to grab throughout the week. I mention over and over how important it is to have fresh, healthy food on hand so you don’t fall off the wagon and eat the wrong stuff. Chicken breast is lean and jam packed with protein, it lends itself easy to a huge range of flavors. I add this chicken to veggie soups, pasta, rice and salads for meals throughout the day.
For my kids I make chicken a little more exciting by cutting it up into small pieces and plating it with a few dips. Organic ketchup, BBQ sauce, creamy ranch, salsa, hummus and soy sauce are all delicious dips.
What is your favorite way to prepare chicken?
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless organic chicken breast
- 1/4 cup garlic olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- a few pinches of salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh italian parsley for garnish
- Trim any fat and clean chicken. Put chicken in bowl with garlic oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and tumeric, mix well with your hands. If you have time, do this in the morning and marinate all day in the fridge. If this is last minute try to give chicken about an hour in the marinade.
- Pre heat grill on medium high heat. Grill chicken about 5-7 minutes per side until inside is cooked through and juices run clear. Let rest a few minutes, plate and garnish with chopped Cilantro or Parsley.
Not only is Tumeric know for a wide range of health benefits but it gives the chicken a beautiful yellow color. It will make your hands turn yellow, you can wear gloves if you wish.
Lemon Chicken Recipe Links
- Creamy Artichoke and Lemon Creamy Pasta Confessions of a Foodie Bride
- Greek Lemon Oregano Chicken Skillet Dinner Good Life Eats
- Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Sea Salt with Food
- Lemon Chicken with Walnut Green Beans Fresh Tart
- Lemon Chicken Pasta Life’s a Feast