Maybe it’s because I was at one with the ocean yesterday during my surf debut, or it’s because I was desperate for some protein in my 3:00pm Mini-Meal. Either way, I found a can of crab meat in our pantry. It called to me. With a pinch of this and a pinch of that I made a quick, yummy, healthy protein packed mini-meal. Not to crabby, I mean shabby.
Quick Crab Salad:
serves 1 or 2
- 6 oz can Crab Meat, drained
- 4 Tbs Light Sour Cream or non fat Greek Yogurt
- A pinch of the following:
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Smoked Paprika This is my favorite recent spice addition. There is the “sweet” version (not spicy) or “hot” version. You can use one or a combination of both. The addition of this paprika adds so much flavor dimension to your savory recipes. I found mine at Whole Foods, you can also visit the link provided above.
A few pinches fresh, chopped Cilantro or Italian Parsley
- Drain crab meat. Mix with all of the above ingredients.
- Garnish with some extra chopped Cilantro or Parsley
- Eat as is, or…….
- Use as a topping on Ryvita Crispbread or on Suzies Crispy Kamut, Spelt or Rice Cakes
- Toast some Ezekiel bread, add a slice of cheese, a few spoonfuls of crab salad, toss in the toaster oven and make a Crab Melt sandwich.
- Finely chop some Celery and Carrots and toss in.
- Add some Capers for a salty twist.
For a Full Meal:
- Use as a protein packed topping on your favorite Mixed Green Salad! You can toss your Salad with some Vinaigrette or some Olive Oil, a twist of Lemon and some Cracked Pepper.
- Add in a side of my Orzo with Basil and Zucchini or Grilled Potato Wedges
- Toss with some warm Whole Wheat Pasta, top with grated Parmesan Cheese. Add a side of steamed Broccoli, or your favorite Veggie.