There is a whole bunch of decadent oat & pumpkin goodness tucked away right here in this oatmeal. You get a lot of bang for the buck with these ingredients. Not only do you get great flavor, but also the health benefits of whole rolled oats, pumpkin and flaxseed. I even snuck some egg in here for protein and you get your pick of what kind of milk & sweetener you want to throw in.
This is the perfect breakfast for adults and kids to enjoy. It warms your belly and tantalizes the taste buds. You get all the flavors of pumpkin pie with high energy, whole grain, great for you ingredients.
What’s your favorite oatmeal recipe?
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats or Coach's Oats
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I like Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, use your favorite dairy or dairy free milk)
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites or 2 Whole Eggs with Yolks
- Sweetener: Stevia or your favorite natural sweetener to taste (Maple, Honey, Sucanat & Agave great too)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Allspice
- Cooking Spray
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray pan with oil. Mix oats, spices, salt, baking powder and flaxseed in a bowl. Mix pumpkin, milk, sweetener and eggs in another bowl. If you are using whole eggs, you can whisk them before you add them to the bowl. Combine all ingredients together and stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 8 x 8 glass baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes until oatmeal has cooked through. This is best enjoyed straight out of the oven. Top with nuts, dried fruit and some extra milk.
- This oatmeal can be stored in the fridge in an air tight container for a few days. Thin out with extra milk or water to make creamy.
- Add a dollop of thick greek yogurt or whipped cream to the top of your oats.
Oatmeal Recipe Links
- High Energy Skillet OatmealFamily Fresh Cooking
- Oatmeal the BasicsFamily Fresh Cooking
- Oatmeal Bowls: 7 WaysFamily Fresh Cooking
- Baked Oatmeal with Banana & CranberriesAnja’s Food 4 Thought
- Pumpkin & Caramelized Banana Baked OatmealHealthy Food For Living
- Steel Cut OatsTwo Peas and Their Pod