I have something to say….it’s the very first Family Fresh Cooking GIVEAWAY!!! (cartwheels, flips, celebrations!) That means prizes y’all, sent with love from me to you!
Just in time for the holidays I present (drum roll please……)
Super Yummy Scharffen Berger Chocolate!!
I have been a fan of Sharffen Berger for quite some time. Rich, deeply satisfying, clean, pure chocolate. Thankfully I know the sweet PR gal over there and she so kindly sent over a large assortment of goodies for me to share with my fabulous readers! From Dark Chocolate Baking Pieces, to Hot Cocoa, to Unsweetened Baking Bars. I have a splendid gamut of treats to giveaway. Here is the deal I am only gonna do write ups and promote products that I love to use. This chocolate I LOVE to EAT.
In the next few weeks I will dish out some Skinny and so not so Skinny ways to use your Scharffen Berger. By the way, everything can be kinda skinny if we can maintain mindful portion sizes and infrequent indulgences! For this giveaway I will present 3 reader/winners with a sweet grab bag of Scarffen Berger chocolate. I’ll package it up and send it your way. All you need to do is unwrap and enjoy it. Really, it’s that simple.
Ready to dig in?
This is all I ask from you, dear FFC readers……..
Family Fresh Cooking Scarffen Berger Contest Rules:
Winners will be chosen randomly, the more entries you have the more chances you have to win yum yums!!
To enter to win this Scharffen Berger contest: Leave a comment on this post telling me why you want this chocolate soooo very bad (that should be very easy!)
To receive a bonus entry: Spread the word about this giveaway. Go ahead and Tweet it, Facebook it mention it on your blog (with a link back here,) send an e-mail to a group of buddies. You know talk it up!! Please come back this way and leave a second comment to let me know you spread the word and how you did it.
OK, you want another bonus entry? Leave a recipe in the comment field. Chocolate based…..skinny or not!
This contest will close Sunday, 12:00am PST
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED, Thanks for participating! I will e-mail you if you won goodies.
Note: I LOVE my International visitors and I am truely grateful for your readership! That said, this competition is open to US residents only. Customs and all that red tape stuff gets in the way sometimes. Thanks for understanding!
Skinny Meets Chocolate
Is it possible to make such a thing happen. Sure, why not. When you use high quality chocolate you get loads of flavor without weird additives. Your chocolate should have only recognizable ingredients. Some include:
maybe some sugar
You get the drift. Recognizable and pure.
Chocolate is loaded with Flavonoids (antioxidants.) The darker you go, the higher percentage of these benefits come your way. Chocolate is a win-win treat. You get health benefits and taste bud satisfaction!! To read more about Cocoa and the health benefits of chocolate click the following FFC recipe link:
- 1-2 Heaping Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I used my rich fabulous Scharffen Berger)
- A few drops Peppermint Extract
- Milk Choice: A splash of your favorite milk. I like Unsweetened Vanilla Soy milk. You can do dairy based milk, Almond Milk, Rice Milk, Light Coconut Milk. What ever you choose should work well. This splash will give a hint of milky flavor and a nice mouth feel.
- Sweetener Choice:The best way to keep your frozen drink Skinny is to use all natural Stevia. I love my Stevia powder or English Toffee Sweetleaf stevia drops. Stevia has no calories and rates 0% on the glycemic index. You can also use a bit of honey, agave, maple syrup or raw sugar. If you are using pre-sweetened cocoa powder you probably wont need any extra sweetener.
- Cold Water, roughly 6 oz (You might want less, you need to gauge how well everything is blending. You don't want ice chunks.)
- Ice, about 6 oz
- Add cocoa, splash of milk, peppermint extract, sweetener, ice and water to blender. Blend until all is combined and slushy. Done. Treat is made. Add any toppings (see below.) Drink up and enjoy!!
Blender I use:
I have had great luck with the single serve Rocket Blender by Bella Cucina. My frozen drinks have a great texture and there is no guess work as to how much ice and water to add. I just fill the cup to the fill line. Half ice and half water. Done.
Top or blend in your Skinny Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate with the following:
- non dairy soy whip
- dust with cinnamon or cocoa
- chopped toasted nuts
- roasted cacao nibs
- pomegranate arils
- a hunk of coarsely chopped chocolate