Are you looking to add some crunch to your day in a satisfying healthy way? Well have I got the thing for you. Often we buy overly processed, too salty tasteless snack foods. Have you ever tried kale chips? They have been all the rage for some time now. When roasted in the oven kale takes on a crunch that will satisfy any kind of crunchy cravings. They are a bit delicate and not really meant for dipping. You can use a spoon for that.
This leafy green has tons of nutrients. I love it lightly steamed, sauteed and as a bed for a big hunk of salmon. If you have experienced this veggie and found it wasn’t your thing I bet these chips could convert you. I take ‘em on the road too. Better than bags of processed stuff.
Roasted Kale Chips
- You can add more nutrients and a cheesy flavor with Nutritional Yeast. Sprinkle some on before you bake.
- These are best straight out of the oven. You can still munch on them later, store in a paper bag to keep chips dry and crispy.
- Sometimes parts of the chips might appear soggy after baking, still pull them out of the oven before they burn. They will crisp up when left out uncovered for a few hours.
- 1 bunch organic Kale
- Olive Oil Spray
- Garlic Salt or Sea Salt
- Smoked Paprika or any other spice you like! (Cumin, Curry Powder, Garam Masala, Chinese 5 Spice, Herbs de Provence, Thyme, Oregano, etc…)
Preheat oven to 350˚F with the rack in the middle. Rinse kale & dry it well in a salad spinner or blot with paper towels. Trim leafy parts from stem and tear leaves into bite sized pieces. Spray leafs lightly with olive oil or cooking spray. Season with salt and/or spices according to taste. You will not need as much salt as you might think. Arrange pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Turn a few times with tongs while to ensure an even crispiness on both sides. Your chips should come out crispy and slightly browned on the edges. Once they start browning they burn quickly so be sure watch them carefully. Adjust seasoning if desired.
Kale Chip Recipe Links
- Baked Kale Chips Use Real Butter
- Chocolate Coconut Kale Chips Love Veggies and Yoga
- Krispy Kale Chips Kt’s Kitchen
- Kale Chips Dine and Dish
- Popcorn with Kale Chips Selfish Vegan