Here is my recipe as promised from the Share Our Strength Bake Sale this past weekend. As you guys know I love my sweet treats. I believe in a life filled with color and the occasional indulgence. Originally I told Gaby I was gonna bring “crumbly” peanut butter cookies. I was gonna go with a traditional PB cookie recipe that would have had butter and flour. Then I thought I wanted to change it up a bit for the sake of variety and novelty. I went without the butter and gluten free.
When concepting what I wanted to bake for the sale a few factors came into play: Great taste, quick to prepare and healthier whole food ingredients than the average cookie. This recipe would be really fun to make with little kids as there are few ingredients, very little measuring and the are easy to drop onto a baking sheet. An added bonus is that they bake quickly, so you can avoid too many “Are they ready yet(s)?” !!
To be assured these flourless cookies are gluten-free, you will need to source oats that are certified GF.
Maple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies-Gluten Free
Makes about 18 three inch cookies
- These cookies will be good stored at room temperature for a day or two. After that I seal them in an airtight container and store them in put in the fridge. You can freeze some too.
- 16 oz crunchy natural Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Cinnamon
- handful Cacao Nibs
- Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Flake
Preheat oven to 350 ˚F with the rack in the middle. Line baking sheet(s) with silpat or cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and any optional add in’s too. Drop generous spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Leave about an inch of room between cookies. Bake for about 18 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and easy to remove from pan. Let cookies cool for a few minutes on baking sheets and then gently transfer to cooling rack.
Don’t have peanut butter on hand or is someone you know is allergic to peanuts? Go ahead and use any nut butter: cashew, almond even macadamia nut butters would all be yummy too. Gotta go entirely nut free? Try Sunflower seed butter.
Gluten Free Cookie Recipe Links
- Quick Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Family Fresh Cooking
- Gluten Free Pistachio Cookies Simply Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies Simply Gluten Free
- Oatmeal Cookies Gluten Free Girl
- Peanut Butter Cookies Gluten Free Girl
- Sugar Cookies Gluten Free Girl