Roasted asparagus is a simple recipe that uses ingredients that line my spice rack and fill my fridge. There is something about roasting veggies that brings out so much flavor. Asparagus is delicious and it can be prepared in so many ways. I recently posted Chicken with Coconut-Lime Peanut Sauce that was a huge hit around the web. It had chopped asparagus in it too. Smoked paprika and Gruyére cheese add a fun, flavorful twist to a serving of veggies.
Serve this asparagus with whole grains & chicken, fish or tofu. You can top these spears with a soft boiled egg & you have a full meal. Is it OK to put cheese on your veggies? Sure, if it is high quality, delicious cheese. I just make sure the rest of the meal is filled with lean, lower fat choices.
How do you like to prepare asparagus?
Roasted Asparagus with Gruyère & Smoked Paprika
makes about 4 servings
- I have found great Gruyère cheese at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. If you have a local cheese shop you love, that would be even better.
- at least one bunch of Asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- Olive Oil or Flavored Olive Oil (I used Rosemary Garlic)
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- handful of grated Gruyère cheese (Parmesan or Romano would be great too)
Pre-heat oven t0 425˚F Line a baking sheet with Silpat, parchment or foil Coat asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and toss with all seasonings. Cook for about 5 minutes toss, cook another 4 minutes. Add cheese & cook for another minute for a total of 10 minutes or so. Cheese should be browned and bubbling.
Roasted Asparagus Recipe Links
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus Tartelette
- Prosciutto Wrapped Roasted Asparagus Dianasaur Dishes
- Roasted Asparagus gimme some Oven!
- Roasted Asparagus Salad with Figs and Pine Nuts My Recession Kitchen
- Roasted Asparagus Wrapped in Ham Kalyn’s Kitchen