If you are looking for a simple, quick and delicious meal look no further. Coconut and almonds pair wonderfully with flakey tilapia. A healthy and balanced meal for lunch, dinner and perfect for Project Lunch Box too! I paired it with my tasty Roasted Asparagus with Gruyére and Smoked Paprika.
You can also take your crusted tilapia on a picnic.
Must healthier than take-out fried chicken….ya know?!
- 1 lb of Tilapia Filets
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Almonds
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Dried Coconut Flake
- pinch of Salt (use if your Almonds are unsalted)
- pinch of Black Pepper
- spray Olive Oil
- fresh or dried Italian Parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper. Combine almonds, coconut and salt & pepper. Pulse in food processor until well combined. It should be the texture of breadcrumbs. Lay tilapia on baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Sprinkle nut/coconut mixture on top of each filet. Spray tops of each filet with olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes, until top is lightly browned and tilapia is cooked through & flakey.
Tilapia Recipe Links
- Baked Oatmeal Crusted Tilapia with Lemon Mayonnaise Kohler Created
- Breaded Tilapia with Nori and Shortbread Crust Pham Fatale
- Grilled Tilapia with Charred Sweet Corn Relish Chase Blackwell
- Grilled Tilapia with Cherry Salsa Gimme Some Oven
- Tilapia with a Peanut Crust and Chinese Dressing Greedy Gourmet