We all love icy cold treats and drinks in the Summer time. Heck, I love them all year round. Sometimes we do not have the time or inclination to get to our favorite Starbucks or other coffee shops. Often we want our creamy frozen drink in the comfort of our own home. These days there are many versions of the creamy & sweet Frappuccino or Ice Blended drinks. I posted this drink last winter and it was time to reveal it again, this time with video.
With minimal ingredients and hardly any time you can make a super frozen drink that resembles coffee shop shakes. You guys have been asking for some video here on Family Fresh Cooking so here goes:
The other day I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Averie from the raw food vegan blog Love Veggies and Yoga. We met online last winter and it was thrilling to finally meet my friend for real! The Nugget was with me and Averie brought her adorable daughter along too.
While we chatted away the kids munched on carrots, apples & whole wheat pretzels. They shared grub & we could have kept the conversation going for days.
Do you love Starbuck’s Frappuccino’s? if so have you ever made one at home?
Frappuccino Style Coffee Shake
Makes one serving
- Your can make this shake at parties with similar ratios in a bigger blender.
- You can also do a Chocolate or Mocha version. For a Frozen Hot Chocolate swap in a heaping tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for the coffee. For a Frozen Mocha use a tablespoon each of coffee & unsweetened cocoa powder for a Frozen Mocha.
- Slowly add sweetener until your shake is sweetened to taste.
- No instant coffee? No worries, you can use 4-6 ounces of fresh brewed coffee or espresso instead of water instead.
- 1 heaping tablespoon instant Coffee or Espresso
- 4 ounces Ice Cold Water
- 8-10 ounces crushed Ice
- 1-2 ounces any Milk (dairy, coconut, goat, almond, soy)
- Stevia powder or Vanilla Stevia Drops to taste (or any natural sweetener you desire)
Put all ingredients in blender and blend for about 30-45 seconds until your shake is well combined.
- Top your coffee shake with chocolate shavings, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, coconut flake, nuts, cocoa flavor, instant coffee or anything you like.
Homemade Frappuccino Recipe Links
- Caramel Frappé Comfy Belly
- Caramel Frappuccino Cupcakes Chef Mommy
- Homemade Starbucks Frappuccino Savory Sweet Life
- Mason Jar Frappuccino Noshings
- Video: Homemade Starbucks Frappuccino Family Fresh Cooking
Disclaimer: I frequent Starbucks & love their drinks. I came up with this recipe a while back. This is my own version of the Frappuccino, similar but not the same as Starbucks. “Frappuccino” is a registered trademarked name that belongs to Starbucks.