Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles

by Marla on August 3, 2010 · 99 comments

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles | FamilyFreshCooking.com

I love  anything travel. Most travel these days for me is work based. The itinerary usually has something to do with learning all kinds of neat stuff for my blog.

No matter what kind of trip I am on I embrace the opportunity to blog about it. Wouldn’t we all love a vacation to a spa somewhere remote and beautiful? I would. Even though I would be “relaxing” I would still be blogging.

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles | FamilyFreshCooking.com

I covet deep tissue massages, facials and sunrise yoga classes.

Hold on, my fantasy continues…..how about spa cuisine made for me by a creative chef using all locally sourced organic produce.

The spa grounds would be dotted with grazing Jersey cows. The fresh milk and cream would then be offered to me by a gorgeous spa boy……

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles | FamilyFreshCooking.com
OK, I just woke up from that dream. Since I am not heading off to a spa anytime soon, I brought the spa to me.

You know that yummy cucumber-lemon water that fancy health clubs and spas have?

Here is that quenching water sweetened and frozen into pop form. Just close your eyes and pretend for one blissful moment that you are at the spa.

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles | FamilyFreshCooking.com

This recipe also qualifies for Summer Fest.  I have been inspired by this lively group to create all kinds of recipes using summer’s finest fruits and veggies.

In my last post I shared a favorite zucchini salad. In this post I give you sweet. The two featured vegetables of the week are cucumber and zucchini.

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles | FamilyFreshCooking.com

I had fun going savory with the zucchini and I need something sweet for dessert. I like to keep things light.

These fruity, citrus pops are the great finale to any meal. They are great for steamy days at the pool or just lounging in your favorite chair dreaming about the spa.

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Check it out, this post has been featured at the Marcus Samuelsson blog.

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 3 hours

Total Time: 3 hours, 5 minutes

Yield: 3 cups of mix (6 1/2 cup pops)

Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles

• 1 cup julienned seedless Cucumber
  • 1 fresh squeezed Lemon, remove any seeds
  • 2 cups cold Water
  • Natural Sweetener added to taste: use your favorite, I use Stevia. Maple Syrup, Honey & Agave are good too

• Slice lemon in half and squeeze it over a strainer into 2 cups of cold water. Sweeten lemon water to taste with your favorite sweetener. Fill popsicle molds 2/3 with lemonade. Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour. Take pops out of freezer. Scrape and stir any ice crystals that have formed. Add a spoonful of the julienned cucumber to the pop molds. Be sure to leave a tiny bit of room at the top of your popsicle mold so they don't overflow when you add the stick. With a popsicle stick or a butter knife, press the cucumber into the mixture so it is evenly distributed. Add your popsicle sticks, freeze pops for another 3-4 hours until solid.
  • Notes
  • These spa pops are a healthier & more cost efficient alternative to store bought pops. More environmentally friendly too, no packaging to toss!
  • As always, use your own taste buds to determine how sweet you want your ice pops.
  • Instead of lemon, try some lime!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Lemonade Recipe Links

1 Kristen August 3, 2010 at 6:24 am

Those are absolutely stunning pops and pictures! I’m with you.. we need a spa day!

2 Melanie August 3, 2010 at 7:48 am

Hi Marla, These look wonderful!!! I will be making these this weekend for my girls! So creative and fun! Thank you for sharing! Happy Summer! xo, Melanie

3 Rosa August 3, 2010 at 8:03 am

Those must be very healthy and refreshing! So pretty too.

4 FoodFitnessFreshair August 3, 2010 at 9:09 am

These sound delicious and look beautiful too! I love cucumber water, so I can imagine these would be like giving yourself a taste of spa treatment. There’s something about the subtlety of the cucumber that just turns water into a complete refresher.

5 Paula August 3, 2010 at 9:17 am

looks so yummy! I love that!

6 alison August 3, 2010 at 9:29 am

These look great and are so creative!

7 Victoria August 3, 2010 at 9:33 am

Wow! These popsicles sounds so deliciously refreshing!

8 Maria August 3, 2010 at 9:34 am

I could use a spa vacation right now:) Love the popsicles too! Very refreshing treat!

9 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking August 3, 2010 at 9:50 am

Wow, those look so refreshing and yummy – What a perfect summer treat! Love that gorgeous green color, too. Lovely, Marla!

10 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather August 3, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Gosh those look so refreshing! I love the lemon and cucumber combo… now I just need to get some molds :) I always look forward to your posts Marla. They are so creative.

11 Kelly Lester August 3, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Su- WEET!!!!!!! Felt like I was at a spa just looking at your gorgeous pics. Beautiful Marla. Soothing colors :)

12 Esi August 3, 2010 at 1:30 pm

So refreshing! I was just at a restuarant where they served lemon cucumber water. Perfect for summer

13 angie August 3, 2010 at 2:07 pm

How beautiful. What a clean, refreshing summer treat. Love the photos. Everything looks so crisp, chilly and pretty. Need to make some to pop in the cooler for the beach this weekend! Thanx!

14 Jenny Flake August 3, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Gorgeous….the pops and your fabulous photos. Bet they are delish!!

15 Lisa (bakebikeblog) August 3, 2010 at 4:00 pm

What an interesting flavour combination! Looks like a great summer treat though – very refreshing!!!

16 Cookin' Canuck August 3, 2010 at 4:00 pm

What a refreshing little number this is! If I close my eyes, I might be able to imagine myself at one of those spas you mentioned while eating this.

17 Angie August 3, 2010 at 6:22 pm

These are so pretty! I love your post too, I hope one day I can go to one of those fancy spas. In the meantime I can make these cute Popsicles!

18 Marla August 3, 2010 at 6:44 pm

OK gals, I think we all deserve a trip to one of these fancy spas. Perhaps if we blog about it. Hmmmmm :)

19 rebecca August 3, 2010 at 7:53 pm

wow these are so much fun and look fab

20 Kare August 3, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Love this idea. Absolute perfection for a super-hot summer day. Bookmarked! And I’m right there with you dreaming about the spa…

21 Betty @ scrambled hen fruit August 3, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Beautifully refreshing- just like a day at the spa but a lot cheaper. :)
Thanks!

22 lemonade recipes August 4, 2010 at 2:58 am

That looks really pretty! I think my kids are going to love it. For the first time, I think they’ll be having something green without any complains, lol! They really love lemonade and the idea of making it into popsicles is just genous! lol!

23 Barbara @ moderncomfortfood August 4, 2010 at 5:12 am

I’m SO with you on the fantasy appeal of some spa time. I can think of no vacation I would like more than to kick back, be hand fed hyper-healthy food, and be facial-ed, massaged, and generally pampered for a couple of weeks. I love your can do spirit about bringing the spa home with these neat pops. What a super idea!

24 grace August 4, 2010 at 6:21 am

negative calories, right? awesome. this is a really refreshing and attractive treat!

25 Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella August 4, 2010 at 6:47 am

That’s it! I’m so making these come Summer and I need to get bikini ready again! They look amazing! :o

26 sippitysup August 4, 2010 at 8:04 am

I have had the “melted” version of this but frozen is genius. GREG

27 Mary August 4, 2010 at 9:27 am

How gorgeous is that? It is really awesome and it sounds as though it tastes as good as it looks. I love your super pop model. He is really enjoying himself. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings…Mary

28 Sloane August 4, 2010 at 11:13 am

Those look beautiful!! Going to head to the farmers’ market tomorrow and will stock up on cukes. If they are anything as good as your last popsicle recipe (and how can they be anything but?!), I will be a very happy girl.

I once went to Enchantment…long long ago…ah, life before children. A request for your next recipe: a popsicle that can give you a backrub! In the mean time, however, I’ll take this.

29 Marla August 4, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Sloane, a popsicle that gives a back rub-now your talking! I sure do remember a time long ago before kids. Little did we know how much spare time we had on our hands. There was extra time for spa treatments and places like Enchantment Resort. We’ll need to keep the dream alive girl!

Mary, yes a handsome super pop model indeed!

Adair, that gorgeous spa boy will need to stay in my mind…..at least I can have the pop!!

30 Lentil Breakdown August 4, 2010 at 11:30 am

Wow, your photos are so gorgeous, if you had only shot that gorgeous spa boy too! As you said, a girl can dream…

31 Gina @ skinnytaste.com August 4, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Wow, what beautiful photos!! This is the epitome of summer and spa all in one!

32 Anna Johnston August 4, 2010 at 6:08 pm

These look wonderful summer refreshing treats…., aaahhhh, can’t wait for summer.

33 bunkycooks August 4, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Your post is gorgeous! I love these pops and wish I could have these at my spa (haha – my house). I need a girl’s spa day really soon…wanna join me in Atlanta and bring these pops?! Our hubs can drink wine and hang out….

34 My Man's Belly August 4, 2010 at 9:18 pm

These are so cute! Not quite as cute as the spa boy I’m dreaming about right now…but close ;) .

35 Kathy - Panini Happy August 4, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Wow, I’m already more relaxed just reading this post! Gorgeous pops, Marla. :-)

36 Faith August 5, 2010 at 4:06 am

Marla, I absolutely love your creativity! These totally remind me of a spa day! *Sigh* I agree, a girl can dream…I’m going to have to make these and have a spa day at home! ;)

37 Joanne August 5, 2010 at 4:24 am

A day at the spa spent slurping down cucumber pops. Now THAT is what I want to be doing right now! With a gorgeous spa boy at my side, of course.

38 katie August 5, 2010 at 4:50 am

Your popsicles look absolutely delicious! I love recipes for treats that are homemade yet healthy for my kids. I also love it when people post pictures with each step in the process. Nice post!

39 Louise Mellor August 5, 2010 at 7:28 am

Marla, lovely – bright – and playful. You clearly have a natural talent and creative ability. I’m really enjoying your blog and recipe ideas. Once the fair is over I would love to take you to lunch and pick your brain. I love the pictures of your little one… my little guy is the 5.

40 Marla August 5, 2010 at 9:24 am

Louise, I would love to go to lunch with you once our little ones are back at school. I had so much fun with you at the OC Fair. Can’t wait to catch up again soon.

Katie, hope you kids love these pops as much as mine do :)

Gwen, wish I could hop the next flight to Atlanta to do a girl’s spa day.

41 kathy August 5, 2010 at 8:45 am

Awesome post! Love your photography! I hope you will submit this (and more) to http://www.FindingVegan.com

~Kathy

42 FOODESSA August 6, 2010 at 3:38 am

Marla…the hmmm look your son is giving to that unique popsicle is priceless!

Yes, this is certainly a healthy and different twist to the pops I’ve made for myself. I’m willing to give this mix a try. I also noticed that you covered the the whole surface with foil…great tip…now, why didn’t I think of that? I guess, this is why you are all becoming a huge part of my culinary journey.

Thanks for the tiny spa moment ;o)

Ciao for now,
Claudia

43 Carolyn Jung August 6, 2010 at 8:46 am

How did you know one of my secret pleasures when going to the spa is indeed the cucumber water there? I love this popsicle version even more. I can just close my eyes while enjoying one of these and be in pure bliss.

44 Alta August 6, 2010 at 10:20 am

Wow, this sounds splendid. Might just have to whip up some of these!

45 Sara August 6, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Love the popsicles! so healthy & refreshing! :)

46 Kari @ Eating Simply August 6, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Oh my. Those look delicious!

47 Pam @ Kitchen Cookware Set August 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Spa, give away, and beautiful and very unique lemon cucumber Popsicle! all in one. I loved this Popsicle so much! You pictures sold me, now I have to make one or 6.

48 Xiaolu August 7, 2010 at 11:36 am

Wow so pretty and summery. I’d love to try this (preferably at the spa ha!).

49 Natalie @ Perrys' Plate August 8, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I saw these popsicles on Tastespotting (or FoodGawker… don’t remember which) and they totally intrigued me. You have a beautiful blog and your photography is really nice. All the best to you!

50 chriesi August 9, 2010 at 6:32 am

Amazing! I love the colour!

51 Ingrid August 9, 2010 at 4:33 pm

These look super refreshing!

52 David August 12, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Oh they do look amazing! And such a good idea with the cucumber, they must have tasted so fresh.

53 alana August 14, 2010 at 6:18 am

Oh these look fabulous… and I think sometimes we can do the spa better at home!

54 deeba August 19, 2010 at 9:53 pm

These are ever so creative, and gorgeous! Truly a brilliant idea, and post!

55 tasteofbeirut August 20, 2010 at 12:07 pm

These are so stylish, dainty, refreshing and elegant! I would eat the whole bucket, unfortunately, which would be frowned upon for sure.

56 Angie's Recipes August 21, 2010 at 10:34 am

I have never seen any popsicle with such a refreshing touch! And how fun to see your kids eating cucumber!

57 Alli December 27, 2010 at 9:46 pm

These look fabulous, what a unique idea for an ice pop.
Perfect for our New Zealand summer just now!

58 Fashion Blawger April 17, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Great idea. I have been cutting cucumbers and sometimes also throwing mint into my water bottles along with lots of ice for a refreshing sip throughout the day. Very spa like ;)

I must try your popsicle idea.

59 Cindy B. April 27, 2012 at 11:25 am

I can’t wait until my cucumbers are ready, so I can try this recipe, I pinned it awhile back, it looks delicious.

60 Jamie May 23, 2012 at 4:07 am

I’m 7months pregnant and have been totally addicted to cucumbers. They’re so refreshing and really calm my reflux. While eating a sugary sweet freeze-pop last night (which is NOT reflux friendly), I decided I needed to find a recipe for cucumber pops…and that lead me here! I can’t wait to try this out!

61 Marla May 23, 2012 at 4:59 am

Awesome Jamie! I hope this helps with those pregnancy cravings!

62 Low Carb Layla June 11, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I made these as my Recipe of the Day today with a link back to you! Thank you so much for such a unique and amazing recipe!

63 Jessy (squeezetheday) June 18, 2012 at 6:50 am

These look great and I love cucumber. How much stevia do you use, though?

64 Marla June 18, 2012 at 8:28 am

Hi Jessy, just go ahead and sweeten to taste :)

65 Megan June 20, 2012 at 7:16 am

These look amazing! Can’t wait to try. Megan

66 Laura July 13, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Easy and cool looking! Thanks!

67 Loquísima July 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Love the pictures and the actual popsicles! Super easy and yummy!

68 Jade July 25, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Hello, just thought I’d let you know that I found this gorgeous recipe on Facebook via http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rawforbeauty/222272341214778 and I pinned it to Pinterest yesterday and overnight it has gone viral – 72 repins and counting!! How awesome is that!?

69 Marla July 25, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Hi Jade! Thanks for sharing ~ those pops are fabulous!

70 Kari@Loaves n Dishes January 19, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I love the cucumber and citrus water they serve at the spa, it’s so refreshing. This is going to be my new popsicle for those days that I need refreshing!

71 charity April 27, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Thank you so much for this recipe they look amazing I can’t wait to make these with my daughter and have a mommy daughter “spa day”

72 Jill May 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Marla, this ice poop looks so refreshing…what a delicious idea!

73 Marla May 4, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Jill! Thinking we’ll be making lots of these pops this summer!

74 Claire @ A Little Claireification July 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm

These look delish! I actually found this on FB and was completely shocked that the gal listed your entire recipe in her pin. I left a comment and several bloggy friends have had their pins removed from her boards since she wouldn’t take down the recipe. Anyway – thought you should know:
pinterest.com/pin/191543790374889220/

And I am going to pin these now from the source – which is YOU! :)

75 Marla July 25, 2013 at 4:44 am

Thanks so much Claire…It is important that we all look out for one another. I will take care of that right now :)

76 Claire @ A Little Claireification July 25, 2013 at 7:40 am

No problem! I saw your comments on Pinterest – I just can’t imagine anyone thinks that is ok to do! Have a great rest of your week and hopefully she gets the point and stops adding recipes to pins! :)

77 Claire @ A Little Claireification July 25, 2013 at 7:41 am

And PS I am following your boards now. :) At least I found your fun blog through this!!

78 Marla July 25, 2013 at 8:07 am

Ha! Awesome!! XO

79 Marla July 25, 2013 at 8:06 am

Yep! Some have quite the misunderstanding as to how to make pals in social media ;) Hopefully it will be removed.