The Best of Halloween 2010

by Marla on October 30, 2010 · 34 comments

Boy dressed up for Halloween holiday party

After viewing countless amazing Halloween themed posts it was hard to choose my favorites. There is no way I could fit in everything I fell in love with. I am sure I missed many. Sprinkled throughout are some of my recipe creations. We loved them here & I think you will too. Please link up your festive creations below. We could always use some more great recipe ideas.

Happy Halloween to you all. Stay safe, warm, happy & try to avoid the sugar crash! XO

Cardboard Haunted playhouse at school for children

Halloween Treats

These sweets will knock your socks off!

Morning Munchies

Start the day off right with these delish breakfast & brunch ideas.

Homemade fall recipes with pumpkin for breakfast, side dish and brunch

Small Bites

Have a few appetizers ready for hungry trick or treaters.

Fall Savories

We also crave savory with our sweets. Here are some great Boo day lunch & dinner ideas.

Decadent Drinks

Fun themed drinks to serve any aged trick or treater.

Pumpkin Love

Can’t. Get. Enough. Pumpkin.

Little girl dressed up as a butterfly for school Halloween party

Share your Halloween Recipe Posts

1 Jessica @ How Sweet October 30, 2010 at 7:03 am

Thanks for including my pancakes, Marla! Have a wonderful Halloween! :)

2 bunkycooks October 30, 2010 at 7:03 am

How cute! It seems so long ago when my kids were at that age (because maybe it was?!). Enjoy it now because it goes by so quickly. Have a fun and safe Halloween!

3 Marla October 30, 2010 at 8:40 am

Gwen: I know everyone always says it goes so fast. This time of year is precious with little kids around….makes me really reflective and grateful.

Susan: I love surfing the web to find so many great recipes! You guys have so much taste and are extremely creative!

4 Rosa October 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

Lovely! Happy Halloween!

5 Maria October 30, 2010 at 7:53 am

I love all of these recipes! I better get busy! Happy Halloween!

6 the urban baker October 30, 2010 at 8:13 am

what a great post, Marla. You are so generous and “smart”! Thanks for the recap. I can’t wait to try ALL of these recipes. You rock!

7 Michelle October 30, 2010 at 8:23 am

What a great round up of recipes and links. Can’t wait to go check them all out!

8 Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} October 30, 2010 at 9:31 am

What a great recap of wonderful Halloween eats!

9 Angie October 30, 2010 at 9:38 am

Happy Halloween! The littles ones look sooooo cute in their costumes. I love my little love nugget duck! Any ideas for some good healthy crock pot recipes?

10 A Canadian Foodie October 30, 2010 at 9:48 am

Great idea, Marla! Your site consistently resonates thought and detail!
:)Valerie

11 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. October 30, 2010 at 9:50 am

Great post and your kids are adorable in their costumes! Thanks for including me in your round-up!

12 Mags October 30, 2010 at 9:52 am

Thanks for including my cheesecake in your best of Halloween lineup!

LOVE the little duckie!

13 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather October 30, 2010 at 10:14 am

I love your daughters costume, so cute! Thanks for linking so many great recipes together. Hope you and your cute kiddos have a blast this halloween.

14 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking October 30, 2010 at 10:19 am

Happy Halloween to you, your hubby, your duck and your butterfly princess!

15 Angie's Recipes October 30, 2010 at 10:42 am

Happy Halloween to you and yours! I love the butterfly costume!

16 Esi October 30, 2010 at 11:20 am

Great Halloween roundup! Hope you have a fun weekend!!

17 Amanda October 30, 2010 at 3:32 pm

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet! And brilliant… I had not seen lots of these links and am so thankful that you put them up!!! I am click, click, clicking away!

Thanks so much!

Amanda

18 Barbara Bakes October 30, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I miss having little ones to dress up. So cute!

19 Anna Johnston October 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Awwhhh. Love these photos, so good.

20 Lynne @ CookandBeMerry October 30, 2010 at 10:24 pm

What a lot of great recipes here. I especially like the one called “Pumpkin Love”. I remember when my son was little and and how cute he was in his costumes. Just like yours. These are times to treasure.

21 Katrina October 31, 2010 at 5:12 am

I really appreciate you posting this. I’ve gotten SO many recipes to make now and I’m so excited. Thanks again!!

22 Heather @ Multiply Delicious October 31, 2010 at 5:14 am

Great recipes Marla! I have a list of ones to try now. Thanks for including the Ghost Pops. Love the pictures of your little ones. Happy Halloween!!

23 Courtney October 31, 2010 at 8:42 am

Aw, thank you so much for including my cheddar witches’ fingers on here! I love all the fun Halloween things you posted and can’t wait to check out some of the other recipes. The costumes are adorable, too. :)

24 Tracy October 31, 2010 at 9:45 am

Love all of your links! Also, sorry about your comment on my blog – I noticed it was in my spam folder just as I clicked to delete all the spam, and now it’s gone – ugh. Anyway, happy Halloween – have a great holiday!

25 Courtney October 31, 2010 at 10:06 am

Too adorable!! Great lineup of sweet treats :)

26 Faith October 31, 2010 at 10:30 am

Great round-up, Marla! I’ll be sure to check out the recipes!

27 Cookin' Canuck October 31, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Your kids are absolutely adorable in their costumes! Great round-up of recipes – I know how much work a list like this can be. Thanks so much for including my recipe.

28 Liz @ LBBakes October 31, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Such a cute little duck he is! And what a great round-up of recipes. Guess I’ll have to give a few a try next year? Though the pumpkin ones can be used in the months ahead! :)

29 Marla November 1, 2010 at 4:50 am

Liz: I know the pumpkin recipes will be used until at least the end of December I am sure. The other nice thing is we can refer to this again next year :)

Nigella: Just caught news about your “Not Quite Nigella” book. So excited for you and can’t wait to have a copy all to myself!

Dara: You are so very welcome. You have so many great recipes it was a tough choice as to which to pick.

30 Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella October 31, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Lovely round up Marla! And everyone looks adorable in their costumes! :)

31 Joanne November 1, 2010 at 3:56 am

Aww the kids look super adorable! Those are some fantastic costumes.

I love this round-up Marla! It’s basically like a haven full of things I want to eat. Now. Thanks so much for including my pot pie!

32 Crepes of Wrath November 1, 2010 at 6:11 am

These all look delicious! Thanks for the link!