Hope everyone had a super fun Halloween. We sure did. Today I am gonna bring you savory because we probably had enough sweet the past few days, weeks & month.
This chicken was awesome! My kids loved it and that made me very happy. I say make a big batch so you have plenty on hand for lunch, dinner, leftovers and lunch boxes. It is delish with a side salad, steamed or roasted veggies, brown rice or pasta.
This is a simple, quick and easy lean protein recipe that has lots of flavor. It will keep you away from take out Chinese food that is loaded with all kinds of mysterious ingredients. Real Food Fast. Not Fast Food here at Family Fresh Cooking. I’ve got your back guys.
I always use organic chicken breast and trim off any excess fat. You can keep the interest in chicken if you change up how you cut it up and style it. Sometimes I cube it, other times I grill up the whole breast and in this case I made strips. Looking at these photos I am thinking these would have made great skewers too.
I used gluten free brown rice bread crumbs to coat this chicken. It is very fine & not like the coarser, traditional bread crumbs most of us are used to. This has a delicate texture that adds a nuttiness to the overall flavor. I always like to use ingredients that add to the taste & nutrition rather than just being something to use for the sake of it, such as refined white flour.
What is your favorite kind of Asian cooking? Do you love Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean? (I dig all of it!)
- 2 pounds organic Chicken Breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips lengthwise
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced
- 2 tablespoons organic Tamari (this is gluten free) or Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon your favorite Hot Sauce (I like Sriracha Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 cup Brown Rice Bread Crumbs
- pinch of Black Pepper
- oil to spray pan - or coat with Toasted Sesame Oil
- Serve with some diced Chives or Green Onions
- Slice & trim chicken. Whisk together the wet ingredients & ground ginger to form a marinade. Combine with the chicken. Let chicken marinate for 1-3 hours in the fridge. Spray pan with some cooking oil. Pre heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Combine the flour and pepper in a shallow bowl. Remove chicken from the marinade, and let extra drip off. Dredge the marinated chicken in the flour & pepper mixture. Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through & browned.
- Fish sauce adds so much flavor to Asian cooking. To read more about it click here.
- I used Brown Rice Bread Crumbs for this. Feel free to use your favorite flour.
- If you have leftovers, in order to crisp these up - I recommend re-heating these under a broiler set to low or in a lightly greased skillet. Flip once during the re-heat.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or soba noodles.
- Serve over a green salad. Mandarin orange slices & slivered almonds or peanuts would be a great addition.
- Make this recipe into skewers. That would make it great for a party appetizer.
Chicken Strip Recipe Links
- Skinny Almond Crusted Chicken Strips Family Fresh Cooking
- Chicken Strips For All Guilty Kitchen
- Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders Life’s Ambrosia
- Spicy Panko Coated Chicken Strips Eclectic Recipes
- Sriracha Chicken Strips Budget Bites