Top Ten Recipes of 2010

by Marla on December 24, 2010 · 27 comments

Desserts on Family Fresh Cooking blog

I recently saw the idea for this post over at one of my favorite blogs How Sweet Eats & I thought it was brilliant. We all tend to love “Top Ten’s – Re-Caps & Best of” lists. Here are the top 10 recipes that you guys viewed here at Family Fresh Cooking this year. Have you tried any of them? If not what would be your first choice?

10-Cranberry Pumpkin Ricotta CookiesBreakfast, snack time, brunch, pre or post workout – here is your cookie!

Healthy Christmas cookie recipe

9- Green Beans with Leeks and Feta You guys were big fans of these healthy veggies with cheese.

Healthy string bean recipe for Thanksgiving & family meals.

8- Maple Oatmeal Apple Pie Bars A sweet treat for anytime filled with flavor & great for you ingredients.

Baked oat bar recipe for healthy holiday breakfast, dessert or brunch.

7- Crispy Crunchy Roasted ChickpeasSeason this crunchy snack however you like!

Healthy roasted chickpea snack for the home chef

6- Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms An appetizer for Share Our Strength virtual dinner party & for everyday.

Share Our Strength holiday fundraiser recipe

5- Sweet Potato, Bacon & Pomegrante Spinach Salad A medley of sweet, smoky & savory with your veggies.

Thanksgiving holiday salad with sweet potatoes, bacon & baby spinach.

4- Lemonade Cucumber Spa PopsiclesGreat for healthy New Year’s Resolutions, island vacations & summertime treats.

Healthy, home made sugar free summer pops.

3- Thanksgiving Monte Cristo Don’t save this sandwich for just once a year!

Homemade Monte Cristo with Turkey, Cranberry Sauce & Brie Cheese

2- Grilled Cheese Bruschetta Delicious for snacks, lunch & dinner.

Summer appetizer, lunch or dinner for the home cook.

1- Peppermint Candy Cane Marshmallows The most viewed post in the shortest amount of time! These marshmallows make for fun festive gifts or for adding to your steamy mug of Hot Chocolate. I think they would be fun in s’mores too.

Homemade marshmallows for the holidays in hot chocolate

Happy Holidays friends!! XOXO

1 Amanda December 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm

You are such a well rounded and creative chef my dear… I
am so inspired by all you do!!! Have a Merry Christmas!
Amanda

2 Marla December 24, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Amanda: Coming from you I take that as the highest compliment. Now if we could just convince my kids the same thing when they are in grumpy moods ;)

3 Rosa December 24, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Wonderful recipes!

Happy holidays, dear!

4 Georgia Pellegrini December 24, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I would love to try the sweet potato, bacon and pomegranate salad with some homemade bacon

5 Jeanette December 24, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Happy Holidays Marla! I always enjoy all your cheery,
creative posts.

6 Maris December 24, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Great idea and great list!!

7 Christine @ Fresh Local and Best December 24, 2010 at 8:06 pm

These dishes are so marvelous and colorful! Perfect for
entertaining. Merry Christmas Marla!

8 Lentil Breakdown December 24, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Wow, what a fantastic year of blogging you’ve had. Congrats
to you and happy holidays!

9 Marla December 25, 2010 at 6:35 am

I am very grateful to share all this happiness, brightness & color with you all. You guys always inspire me & I love to return the favor ;) Merry Christmas everyone.

10 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. December 25, 2010 at 9:25 am

Great idea and I love all of your recipes always! Merry Christmas to you!

11 Maria December 25, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Great round up! I am excited to see what you come up with next year!

12 Selba December 25, 2010 at 6:53 pm

These all are so wonderful! I hope that I’ll be able to
give a try to make them by myself :) Happy Holidays!

13 chaya December 25, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Your list is wonderful and your photos are even better. I
have to come back and really look around.

14 Lori @ RecipeGirl December 26, 2010 at 8:36 am

You ROCK Marla. These are all such beautiful and delicious
recipes. What a talent you are. Looking forward to a great 2011 w/
my SoCal buddy!

15 Prerna@IndianSimmer December 26, 2010 at 8:55 am

Wow, those candycane marshmallows r my favorite too!! I’m
sure I was the one who gave u the max. hits on that one :-) Love
the idea of this post, I’m SO gonna steal it from you ;-) Happy
Holidays to you and your loved ones!

16 the urban baker December 26, 2010 at 9:31 am

wow..i love this round up. you are one busy little gal! so
excited to see what you and our friendship brings in 2011!
x

17 Jessica @ How Sweet December 27, 2010 at 4:44 am

Not surprised those beautiful marshmallows are number 1! They look incredible!

18 Joanne December 27, 2010 at 6:30 am

I love “best of” lists…especially on blogs that I already consider to be some of the best! What a great list. I still need to try that sweet potato salad! It just made my stomach growl.

19 louise December 27, 2010 at 8:29 am

wow, can you believe it’s over? what a fast year, seems like we were just at the fair judging salsa? happy new year marla, best wishes to you and your family!

20 Faith December 27, 2010 at 9:37 am

I hope you and yours had a fantastic Christmas, Marla! Love this round-up…so many of these were my favorites throughout the year…I remember seeing those spa pops and thinking how brilliant you are! XO

21 Marla December 27, 2010 at 11:48 am

Faith: You & I have been online buddies since the beginning. You are always so kind & thoughtful. One day we need to cook up a storm together – would we have fun or what!

Louise: I will always remember meeting you at the OC Fair. Judging the salsa competition was a blast. I hope to join you guys again next year. I am sure we will catch up for real at many fun events around the OC & beyond :)

Joanne: Thanks for that sweet compliment! I think you would really like that sweet potato salad.

22 Alli December 27, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Great idea, the perfect way to wind up a year of
blogging.

23 Megan December 28, 2010 at 10:06 am

Love the round up! Those spa pops are on my list this summer. :)

24 A Canadian Foodie December 29, 2010 at 10:52 am

Fantastic recap, Marla!
Beautiful pics and I love how you have your site set up to enable such massive sized photos. Stunning.
Happy New Year to you and your family!
I cannot wait to see how you bring it in!
Valerie

25 Marla December 29, 2010 at 11:15 am

Valerie: You crack me up! I tend to go one the HUGE side when it comes to my photos. Massive indeed. I am cooking up something right now for New Years Eve that I know you will love!! Can’t wait to see what you will be cooking up for us in 2011 too. Thanks so much for being a great friend & always leaving thought provoking, honest & sweet comments.

26 Robo Stir January 4, 2011 at 8:31 am

Thanks for this Best of 2010 post. It’s hard to pick a favorite from such a great list but lemonade cucumber spa popsicles are near to top.