The Super Bowl is this Sunday and I am finally diverting from my Valentine’s recipes and sharing a dish that would be great alongside all those mini bite appetizers. There have been so many awesome recipes passed around the internet the past few weeks in preparation for the game. Do I even know who is playing, no. Do I know what I will be eating, sure. This Chicken with Coconut-Lime Peanut Sauce is a fun alternative to chili. It is packed with flavor and protein. Great for game day or any time at all.
When it comes to spectator sports it is all about the food for me. Whoever wants to stand on the side lines to chat and eat can hang with me. In this chicken recipe creamy coconut pairs perfectly with peanuts and lime. This dish is filling, but not heavy. if you are a fan of peanuts, you will love this sauce!
I added some bright green asparagus. Not only does it add flavor and great texture, you get your veggies too. Serve with some brown, jasmine or basmati rice and you have a full meal. You can make a double batch of sauce if you wish. It would be awesome to dip freshly baked bread or naan in it.
This sauce tastes even better the next day after the flavors have a chance to combine.
I like to make a big batch of this chicken dish so we have enough for a few days. It is great for lunch, dinner and the lunch box.
What are you serving for the Super Bowl?
- 1/2 cup [light unsweetened Coconut Milkhttp://astore.amazon.com/familyfreshcooking-20/detail/B002FJU0KO]
- 1/2 cup natural Peanut Butter (I like crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- Juice from 1 Lime (about 1 tbs lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- Pinch of the following:
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Stevia to taste, or your favorite natural sweetener
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- a few Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 cup chopped Asparagus Spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Chopped Cilantro
- chopped Peanuts
- Green Onion
- toasted unsweetened Coconut Flake
- Srirach sauce
- In a medium bowl whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, sweetener & seasonings to form a sauce. Taste and change anything if you want to. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onion & garlic cook until softened. Add chicken, cook until golden brown and cooked through about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally for even cooking. Stir sauce into chicken. Partially cover and simmer for about 5 minutes to let the flavors combine. Add asparagus during the last few minutes of cook time. Serve with spicy Sriracha sauce and garnishes mentioned above.
- Instead of sweetening the sauce with Stevia, honey would be another great option.
Peanut Sauce Recipe Links
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce Kara Cooks
- Springbok Skewers with Peanut Sauce Kitchen Crush
- Thai Chicken Pizza Baked Bree
- Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce Jules Food
- Traditional Peanut Sauce Indochine Kitchen
- Vietnamese Peanut Hoisin Dipping Sauce with Spring Rolls Pham Fatale