Top 10 Sweets for Your Honey

by Marla on February 12, 2011 · 38 comments

Valentine's recipes on Family Fresh Cooking blog

With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching I wanted to share a few of our favorite homemade goodies with you. Some of you have seen these recipes before if you have been visiting my blog for a while. I have put together this list as a fun way to share some treats so you can see things in one quick glance. From pancakes to muffins to easy peasy no bake cookies, here are recipes that will thrill your loved ones both in health and flavor.

Little boy walking in sunshine at school

For us these days Valentine’s Day is more about our kids.

Giftwrap decorated mailbox for little girl's class party

They love making homemade mail boxes and passing out little love letters. They also enjoy reaping the benefits of all my recipe testing. Samples are bountiful over here.

1. Strawberry Mozzarella Stuffed French Toast

Stuffed french toast recipe with Mozzarella Cheese and Strawberries

2. Raspberry Lemon Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting

Healthy homemade muffins for Valentine's Day

3. Chocolate Crepes with Cherry Jam and Ricotta Cheese

Healthy breakfast or brunch for Valentine's Day

4. Chocolate Dipped Fruit on a Stick

Homemade chocolate covered berries for Valentine's Day

5. Maple Apple Upside Down Cake

Healthy whole grain breakfast cake recipe with maple apples.

6. Raspberry Cream Cheese Pan-Crepes

Heart shaped pancakes with raspberry sauce & cream cheese filling

7. Baked Coconut Oatmeal with Pepper Nut Topping

Healthy whole grain oatmeal breakfast with coconut milk and walnuts.

8. No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Healthy date sweetened chocolate heart cookies for Valentine's Day

9. Cocoa Dusted Hazel-Nuggets

Healthy Cocoa covered hazelnuts for Valentine's Day treats

10. Ginger Chocolate Truffles

Rich dark chocolate ginger truffles recipe Valentine's Day treat

What do you have planned for this holiday? Hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with all sorts of sweets, love and fun!

Valentine’s Day Recipe Round Ups

1 Courtney February 12, 2011 at 8:21 am

Great post filled with wonderful recipes!
Hubs and I will be braving going out for dinner! :)

2 Maria February 12, 2011 at 8:50 am

I love all ten!

3 Angie February 12, 2011 at 9:44 am

So pretty! I love the photos of the kids. You photography gets more amazing every post! Happy Valentine’s day!

4 Marla February 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Angie: Thanks, I have a ball taking photos against those white walls at drop-off!

5 Rosa February 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

Great recipes! Have a great Valentine’s Day!

6 Allison [Haute Box] February 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

You’ve got some lucky kids over there! Thanks for sharing these recipes Marla xxoo

7 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking February 12, 2011 at 11:23 am

What a wonderful assortment of your best Valentine’s Day recipes! I have GOT to try your stuffed French toast… going to get that recipe now! Thanks for sharing, Marla. I hope you have a fun weekend with your family!

8 judy meridith February 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Marla,your blog looks wonderful. I just love looking at it.
Great pictures of the kids. The food and presentation is awesome!!
Good job.

9 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. February 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Very fun! Happy Valentines Day! xoxo

10 Kristen February 12, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Such a great roundup….love your pictures, as always!
Happy Valentine’s Day!

11 Amanda February 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm

These are all such fantastic posts… I love each and every
one. And love how much inspiration you put into the world!! Your
kiddo is so darn handsome too!

12 Marla February 12, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Amanda: He’s a keeper ;) They both rock my world. He was so not into me taking his picture that day!

13 Heather February 12, 2011 at 4:24 pm

So glad you did a roundup- I might have missed those
chocolate crepes! It’s so wonderful to indulge at breakfast.

14 Marla February 12, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Heather: I was on the fence about doing this little recipe round up. Then I thought it would be fun to share some recipes that I published a while back. Unless we are looking for something it can be easy to miss older recipes. I was going through your archives the other day & had a blast!

15 teresa February 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Marla! Marla! Your style is so unique! I just LOVE
everything about YOU…truly I do! You captivate me…and that is
NOT easy to do! Your children are so unique~so CUTE! I just know
their personalities must be so FUN and adorable! LOVE the red
ski~cap! And…LOVE all of these TREATS! You cute thing you! You
live with such PASSION and I LOVE it! Also love your new banner!
Very fancy and sophisticated! You go GIRLIE! You are a DOLL!
xo

16 Marla February 12, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Teresa: Hi! I have missed you girl. Thanks for such sweet & happy words. Isn’t that ski cap awesome??!! My daughter insisted on wearing it & I almost tried to convince her to take it off. Obviously that would have not been a smart move ;) She loves to wear it when I drop her off at school in the chilly mornings. Great memories being made. The two of them are quite the characters, then again so is their mama!

17 Sonia@7spice February 12, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Oh! Now looking at your yummies, I’ve a good dilemma what
to choose and make for my valentine! ;-) I hardly skip any of them.
:-) So gorgeous post with lovely pics, Marla!

18 Jeanette February 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Gorgeous collection of valentine treats! Love all your
pictures, all so cheery.

19 Kat @ Cupcake Kat February 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day
Those crepes look adorable

20 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) February 12, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I love all these, Marla! But you know which one really grabs my eye, the chocolate dipped fruit on a stick! So simple but eye-pleasing.

Your kiddos have such a natural beauty – so cute! :)

21 Nutmeg Nanny February 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Such delicious looking food! I love this time of the year :)

22 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen February 13, 2011 at 3:23 am

so many great ideas, but I think my very favorite has to be the chocolate dipped fruit on a stick, it’s so unique.

23 Heather (Heather's Dish) February 13, 2011 at 6:18 am

please send some of those crepes ASAP – they look amazing!

24 Joanne February 13, 2011 at 6:28 am

I love this post because it’s a serious reminder of all the delicious items from your blog that I have yet to make!

25 the urban baker February 13, 2011 at 8:05 am

can I come back and be your child! I want to come to your house on Valentine’s day!

26 Marla February 13, 2011 at 8:28 am

Susan: Awww, sure you can come back and be my child. You just need to do your own laundry, OK??

27 Cory February 13, 2011 at 3:37 pm

These look amazing.

Good work!

28 Lucy February 13, 2011 at 8:49 pm

what a list! sugar fest for Valentines Day at your house –
I’m there!

29 Lorie February 14, 2011 at 8:50 am

Hi! I want to make your raspberry lemon muffins but have a
question… In regards to the Vanilla Stevia Drops it says “(or
your favorite natural sweetener, see Stevia note above)” I may have
overlooked this info (I apologize if I did) but what would be the
amount to substitute? For example, can I use honey and if so, how
much? Or could I use pure vanilla extract mixed with say Sucanat?
And if so, what would be your suggested the amount? Thank you in
advance for your help and thank you for the great blog!

30 Marla February 14, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Lorie: You will love the raspberry lemon muffins recipe. I have not yet tried them with any other sweetener, so I hesitate to give the bake time or volume to use. If I were to experiment, I would start with a few tablespoons, taste the batter and add more if needed. The bake time will probably be a bit different as well. If you try another sweetener please let me know what your results are. I will test that option hopefully sooner than later. They would taste awesome with Sucanat or honey with a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.

31 A Canadian Foodie February 15, 2011 at 7:26 am

I love the red tartan with the red hat. Great photo. The
red shoes on the little guy are perfect for V day, too. It really
is such a fun lovey dovey day for kids – all the way up. I always
have my students make a heart and we pass each to every one in the
class. No one can repeat a comment -and all must be true positive
attributes you have noticed about that person. They keep them
forever. I like the french toast the best. I saw a WONDERFULLY
simple idea on another site with a heart shaped cookie cutter
making a toad in hold. Kids love that. And they love making their
own. Why didn’t I think of that? Your display is incredible and
perfect for this day offering many splendid treats for this day of
celebrating LOVE! Sorry to be a day late on that, but Happy Heart
Day, any way! :) valerie

32 Marla February 15, 2011 at 10:27 am

Valerie: That is such a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your students. Any form of positive reinforcement we can give kids these days is so important. The small gift of uplifting, powerful words does last a life time.
Wish I had you as a teacher when I was a kid :)
Love the idea of the heart shaped toad in the hole eggs. xo

33 Damaris @Kitchen Corners February 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I love your beautiful recipes and your well organized
round-up. Most of all your kids are just super cute.

34 Mariko February 16, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I need a lick screen.
Some of the pictures won’t load for me though. :(

35 Susie February 17, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I want to tell you that I absolutely love your photography.
Your pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing.

36 Marla February 18, 2011 at 10:24 am

Susie: You are a total doll & your sweet comment made my day :)

37 Jayne February 25, 2011 at 8:37 am

LOve this! Those cupcakes look delish!