I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about these cookies. Not only can they be made in a pinch but it is my first time experimenting with chick pea flour. The texture and subtle flavor this flour adds is like no other. Combined with brown rice flour it is even more dreamy. If you love chickpeas as much as I do I highly recommend baking up a batch of these. Almond butter and finely ground almond meal adds just enough fat to make these cookies rich, yet very sensible.
People are looking for light bites now that the weather is warming up. We are spending a lot more time outdoors. Not as much time is spent in the house when the skies are bright blue and the flowers are in bloom. When there are white ducks and butterfly dresses we need to celebrate!
Right now I am in the moutains for Camp Blogaway. The air is fresh and I am surrounded by wonderful friends. I miss my family but I know that my husband has everything well handled.
I crave cookies that give me energy and not steal my thunder. Please don’t freak when I mention the word “chickpeas” and “cookies” I urge you to go with it. These are some of the best cookies I have ever had. They are not too sweet, they are just right. They are also vegan and gluten free. They would make awesome chocolate chip cookies too.
I have been having so much fun visiting my favorite vegan/gluten free bloggers. They always enlighten me with their fabulous creations. Some of my favorites in this realm are Oh She Glows, Love Veggies and Yoga and Elana’s Pantry.
Have y’all seen Elana’s new Gluten Free Cupcake cookbook? A delicious round-up of 50 irresistible cupcake recipes made with almond and coconut flour. I’ll share more on this book soon, in the mean time you can grab a copy of your own.
Almond Chickpea Cookies
Makes about 14 cookies
- If you do not have garbanzo flour you could also try using oat flour or corn flour. Here is how to make roasted or unroasted chickpea flour at home.
- I used smooth natural salted almond butter. Crunchy would be tasty too. Be sure to stir in all the oil that has risen to the top of the jar so you can easily combine the nut butter into the batter.
- Add some chocolate chips for a slightly more indulgent cookie.
- 1 cup Garbanzo (Chickpea) Flour
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 full droppers Plain Stevia Drops or adjust sweetness to taste
- 3/4 cup light unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- a few pinches of fine Sea Salt
- a sprinkle of Sucanat or Stevia Powder
Chickpea Flour Recipe Links
- Baked Sweet Potato Falafel 101 Cookbooks
- Chickpea Flour Curry Food and Spice
- Chickpea Flour Pancakes Fresh Tart
- Lemon Farinata with Broccolini and Asparagus Six Course Dinner
- Meatballs with Roasted Chickpea Flour in Tomato Sauce Food Bridge