After all that delightful but heavy food in New Orleans I am craving BIG summer salads. We are in our third week of Get Grillin’ and these days I toss everything on the grill including irresistible Camembert cheese. The theme for our grill event this week is entrees. You guys will love our giveaway….$100 worth of spectacular Ile De France cheese. Are you ready to fire up your grills? Cookin’ Canuck and I sure are.
I love salads and eat at least one a day. I keep all my veggies, dressing and lean proteins at the ready at all times. It is easy to have your own food fast if you have it prepped ahead of time right and waiting in your fridge.
Look at that Camembert…..I am addicted to it. Thank you Ile De France for assisting in my obsession with this soft cheese.
I told you I tossed virtually everything on the grill for this salad. The corn made popping sounds over the open flame.
See my new fleur de lis tea towel? I got in on my recent trip to New Orleans. You will probably be seeing a lot of it. I also got one in a golden yellow color. I have always loved this emblem as a decorative element. This graphic is representative of French royalty.
I am in love with this balsamic vinaigrette I whipped up using fresh strawberries, olive oil and Dijon Mustard. Something about that touch of sweet with all the savory is heavenly.
Between the Ile De France cheese, Dijon mustard and fleur de lis there is a little frenchy theme going on in this post. I had not meant for that to happen, but I like that it did.
Big entree salads are super easy to whip up for the family or for entertaining guests. Use the freshest veggies you can find. Prep everything ahead of time so when guests arrive plating is a cinch. I used our favorite Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken for this salad.
Let’s take one last look at that Camembert shall we….I got the idea for the grilled cheese from the awesome Heather Christo.
What is your favorite cheese? What are your favorite ingredients to add to salads?
- 1 pound grilled Chicken, Beef, Seafood, etc.
- 2 heads organic Lettuce, I like Red and Green Oak Lettuce (Trader Joe's has a 2 pack) or Butter Lettuce
- 2-3 ears of Corn, 1/4 to 1/2 cup per person
- 8 ounces Cherry Tomatoes
- a few Green Onions, cleaned and chopped
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 ounces fresh Strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Ile De France Camembert Cheese, I used 1 ounce per salad
- Olive Oil
- Makes 5 ounces of dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 ounces Strawberries, cleaned and trim off stems
- sweeten with Stevia or Honey to taste
- Please see my recipe here. You can grill the chicken and corn at the same time if you grill is big enough. You can also do this a day ahead if you are in a time crunch. The chicken is good warm or chilled.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat. Clean and husk corn. Coat corn with a thin layer of olive oil. Grill for about 15-20 minutes flipping occasionally so it browns evenly on all sides. When the corn is cool to the touch remove the kernals with a knife.
- Reduce the heat on the the grill to medium. Coat both sides of the cheese with a thin layer of olive oil with a brush or your hands. Place directly on the grill grates. Grill for no longer than 2 minutes per side. Flip with a spatula. Watch carefully, it will melt quickly.
- Combine all the ingredients excluding sweetener in a food processor or blender and purée. Taste and add any sweetener if desired.
- Divide ingredients and artfully arrange in salad bowls. Serve dressing on the side.
- This salad would also taste great with my Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing.
- For the chicken you can use my Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe.
Entree Salad Recipe Links
- Avocado with Tuna Give Recipe
- Cannellini Beans Tomatoes and Hummus Salad Salad Pride
- Garden Pasta Salad Red Chillies
- Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing Veggie Belly
- Mexican Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad Good Life Eats
This giveaway is now closed, thanks for all of your entries. The winner will be posted soon.
Our awesome sponsor Ile De France is providing one lucky reader with $100 worth of decadent French cheese. I am sure you can think of many things you can do with all that cheese.
This giveaway is open to USA visitors and will be open until Sunday, June 26th at 5pm PST.
The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen.
This week’s theme is Entrees. Remember, your recipes do not have to be made on the grill. Any backyard barbecue-appropriate recipe will do.
How to Enter
1) You can enter up to three (3) recipes in each week of Get Grillin’
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post during any day of the themed week. Just do so on either Dara’s or my blog, not both.
2) For a chance to win Ile De France Cheese, enter your recipe(s) using the recipe link widget found below. Add your link to your grilling post to the widget on either Family Fresh Cooking or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both.If you don’t have a blog, then enter your recipe in the comments section. Read below for instructions on earning extra entries.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following “Get Grillin’ with Family Fresh Cooking and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.” This must be included for a chance to win the prize of the week.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, the number generator will not count them as separate entries.
- Re-tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use: #GetGrillin w/@MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck Share Entree recipes: enter our giveaway $100 worth of @IDFCheese http://su.pr/17fizq
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @CookinCanuck on Twitter
- Follow @IDFCheese on Twitter
- Copy and paste our Get Grillin’ Badge into your sidebar or blog post.
- Stumble this post
Dara and I are featured on the Ile De France webpage. Head on over to check out our interviews.
Add ANY Entree Recipe Links Here