With summer here we all like to relax a little more and spend less time in the kitchen. American Express asked me what dessert I could make with 6 or less ingredients. The first thing that came to mind were sweet & fruity popsicles. Both kids and adults love popsicles. They are a tasty little lick of summer frozen on a stick.
Strawberries and peaches are amazing out of hand. They taste even better with a splash of coconut milk.
The fresh summer fruit in the markets is so beautiful. My kids can’t wait to bite into juicy peaches, strawberries, apricots, cherries, nectarines, watermelon……the list is endless. That photo of peaches was taken with my iPhone at Trader Joe’s. I am tickled at how sharp it is.
It is amazing how the simplest of treats can be the most thrilling. Frozen fruit on a stick. Life’s simplest pleasures.
Sorry about the sorta melted popsicles. Time was a bit tight on this photo shoot and the sun was shining bright. Perfection is in the imperfect. That is a motto I need to live with more. Keeps me happier and brighter. Perfection is boring anyway…..life happens in the unexpected details.
Slightly melted fruit pops are imperfect but perfect at the same time. They are supposed to melt after all.
Think smoothie in pop form. Add a little bit of coconut flake and you get a little fancy.
What is your favorite popsicle recipe or frozen treat?
- 4 ounces chopped Strawberries
- 1 Peach, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) light unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Stevia drops or your favorite natural sweetener to taste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut Flake
- Chocolate Chips: Dark, Milk or White
- a dash of ground Ginger
- Put strawberries and peach in a small sauce pan over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon of water. Bring to a boil, partially cover pot & then reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes until fruit is soft, stir occasionally. Remove from heat & let mixture cool. Mix fruit with coconut milk and purée in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Put a pinch of coconut flake in popsicle molds. Fill pop containers with purée, gently press another pinch of coconut on before you add the stick. Wrap with foil and pierce with popsicle sticks. Freeze for about 2 hours or until solid.
- If you do not have popsicle molds you can use dixie cups instead.
Fruity Popsicle Links
- Berry Yogurt Popsicles Vintage Trinkets
- Berry Yogurt Popsicles Skinny Taste
- Cherry Limeade Popsicles Simple Bites
- Kiwi Popsicles Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles Family Fresh Cooking
- Watermelon Frozen Yogurt Popsicles Family Fresh Cooking
This giveaway is now over. Thanks for all of your entries.
I have a $600 American Express gift card for one reader. But there is something you are gonna need to do to get your hands on it…..
About the Card
I am excited to celebrate the launch of the new American Express Blue Cash® Preferred and Everyday cards. I have partnered with American Express to help consumers realize the potential of meals that can be made with 6 ingredients or less. The new Blue Cash® Cards provide a simple way for shoppers to put cash back in their pockets as they shop for every day necessities – like groceries for your family. Neato!
At 6% cash back, Blue Cash® Preferred card offers consumers the most cash back at the grocery store available in the market today. With these new Blue Cash® Cards, there are no spend minimums, cash back caps, ongoing enrollments or rotating categories of cash back benefits. Remember to use credit cards responsibly.
To learn more about the Blue Cash® Preferred and Blue Cash® Everyday cards, visit www.americanexpress.com/bluecashcards.
How to Enter
Please submit any dessert recipes you have that include 6 ingredients or less. You can leave up to (4) recipes between now and Friday July 22th, 12 midnight PST. Paste them in the comments field or add them to the link up below. On Wednesday July 27th I will announce the winner and post that recipe here at Family Fresh Cooking. Exciting huh! You could become $600 richer simply by sharing your favorite family recipes. You don’t even need to cook up something new….any recipes will qualify.
Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, we will not be able to include them.
- Submit your favorite DESSERT recipe that features 6 ingredients or less. You MUST cut and paste the entire recipe into the comment form or add them to the link up below. If you have a blog, please also provide a link to the post.
- You may submit 4 recipes – leave each recipe in a separate comment.
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use: Share Dessert recipes with 6 ingredients or less @MarlaMeridith for chance to win $600 @americanexpress gift card http://su.pr/2jGMcN
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @americanexpress on Twitter
- Add the Family Fresh Cooking badge into your sidebar or somewhere on your blog
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post & follow me @familyfresh on StumbleUpon
- Add a link to this post on your blog.
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram
- Jaime from My Baking Addiction has Greek Salad Skewers for an Appetizer
- Kelsey from The Naptime Chef has Peppery Caprese Salad
- Katie from GoodLife Eats has Caprese Pasta for Dinner
Family Fresh Cooking disclosure: I was contacted by the folks at American Express to run this promotion. I was compensated for my time to create 3 posts in this series and to help promote the Blue Cash Card personal credit cards. All credit cards should be used responsibly by the holder.