If you have been hanging out here for a little while you would know how obsessed I am with dessert pizzas lately. In our house they also make great hand held snacks and breakfast. Yes, even with chocolate. A small square of chocolate goes a long way. Especially when it is high quality dark chocolate. These sweet little pizzas have 6 ingredients. Perfect for the American Express promotion I am running.
You have until this Sunday to submit any dessert recipes that have 6 ingredients or less for your chance to win a $600 gift card. Great news, I am letting you submit 2 more each. That makes it a total of 4 per person. Show me what you’ve got. Scroll down for more details.
Do you like my new props? All you need is LOVE.
And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. I am loving these little demi cups. An impulse buy at Starbucks.
This girl can never have enough dark chocolate….
Also a little boy who brings me flowers.
Pretty purple wild flowers that he has taken from my photo shoot. Asking kids to *smile* for photos is sort of silly because they either run away or make a goofy unnatural grin. It is natural for us to tell them to say cheese, or in our case bananas and chocolate.
Pull up a chair and join us for sweet dessert pizzas. I think a sweet pizza is really just a crostata without the edges of the crust flipped over. Actually I have a crostata coming your way soon….but I am not sure if I will name it a dessert pizza again. We’ll see.
Lately I am realizing and enjoying the fact that Family Fresh Cooking is becoming more of a lifestyle blog. It goes beyond recipes.
You are going to start to see more travel and lifestyle related posts around here. I want to take you to a happy place, even if it is just for a few moments. When I set a table my goal is to create a mood and experience. One that we can share together. When I travel alone or with my family I want you to come with me. Together we will learn new things, see great sights and hopefully one day you will get there yourself…..wherever that is.
I want to make you smile. I also want to make you hungry……
Check out my Strawberry Peach Coconut Popsicles that only have only 5 ingredients. Do you ever make dessert pizzas? If so what are your favorite toppings?
This giveaway is now over. Thanks for all of your entries. We will be announcing the winner shortly.
I have a $600 American Express gift card for one reader. But there is something you are gonna need to do to get your hands on it…..
About the Card
I am excited to celebrate the launch of the new American Express Blue Cash® Preferred and Everyday cards. I have partnered with American Express to help consumers realize the potential of meals that can be made with 6 ingredients or less. The new Blue Cash® Cards provide a simple way for shoppers to put cash back in their pockets as they shop for every day necessities – like groceries for your family. Neato!
At 6% cash back, Blue Cash® Preferred card offers consumers the most cash back at the grocery store available in the market today. With these new Blue Cash® Cards, there are no spend minimums, cash back caps, ongoing enrollments or rotating categories of cash back benefits. Remember to use credit cards responsibly.
To learn more about the Blue Cash® Preferred and Blue Cash® Everyday cards, visit www.americanexpress.com/bluecashcards.
How to Enter
Please submit any dessert recipes you have that include 6 ingredients or less. You can leave up to (4) recipes total between now and Friday July 22th, 12 midnight PST. Paste them in the comments field or add them to the link up below. On Wednesday July 27th I will announce the winner and post that recipe here at Family Fresh Cooking. Exciting huh! You could become $600 richer simply by sharing your favorite family recipes. You don’t even need to cook up something new….any recipes will qualify.
Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, we will not be able to include them.
- Submit your favorite DESSERT recipe that features 6 ingredients or less. You MUST cut and paste the entire recipe into the comment form or add them to the link up below. If you have a blog, please also provide a link to the post.
- You may submit up to 4 recipes total – leave each recipe in a separate comment.
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use: Share Dessert recipes with 6 ingredients or less @MarlaMeridith for chance to win $600 @americanexpress gift card http://su.pr/2bDlLd
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @americanexpress on Twitter
- Add the Family Fresh Cooking badge into your sidebar or somewhere on your blog
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post & follow me @familyfresh on StumbleUpon
- Add a link to this post on your blog.
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram
Add 6 Ingredient Desserts Here or in the Comment Field
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pizzas
Makes 8 mini pizzas
- I LOVE dark chocolate and have lately been addicted to the 91% bar from Theo. Milk chocolate or white chocolate would be tasty too.
- Make your own pizza dough or Trader Joe’s has a great whole wheat one that we use often. I have some pizza dough recipe links at the bottom of this post.
- Instead of mini pizzas you can also make one larger one and slice it up.
- I sweeten the ricotta cheese with stevia drops you can also use honey, maple syrup or your favorite natural sweetener to taste.
- Chocolate Shavings
- Chopped Nuts
- Coconut Flake
- ground Cinnamon
- powdered Sugar or Stevia
- Sea Salt
- dried Bananas
Pre heat oven to 450˚F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or a Silpat liner. In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, peanut butter and stevia. Flatten each portion of dough to 1/2 inch thick. Top each pizza with ricotta mixture, banana slices and chocolate. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until chocolate is melted and the dough is cooked through.
Sweet Dessert Pizza Recipe Links
- Berries and Goat Cheese Mini Pizzas Family Fresh Cooking
- Chocolate Cherry Ricotta Grilled Pizzas Family Fresh Cooking
- Fresh Fruit Focaccia Annie’s Eats
- Fruit Pizza Deliciously Organic
- Fruit Pizza With Cinnamon Sugar Whole Wheat Crust How Sweet Eats