If you guys are anything like me then you crave the flavors of pumpkin pie all year long not just around Thanksgiving. My favorite seasons are fall and winter. The smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice always put a smile on my face. On their own each of these fragrant spices are glorious. Combined they are a melting pot of pure bliss. Today I have Pumpkin Pie Popsicles for you.
Bring a little fall chill into your bright sunny days….
Frozen pops are everywhere in magazines and on the web these days. They are a simple treat that can made in a pinch and flavored any way you want them. Not to mention,with homemade pops you can use the freshest ingredients, save on cost and use much less sugar than store bought ones. In our case no sugar is used at all. Vanilla stevia drops provide all the sweetness. Sweet as sugar, but none added.
Remember the event Goaterie I told you about a few weeks ago? That was the first time I made a milkshake with goats milk, blueberry sauce and frozen bananas, it was amazing! I made a batch of these pops with goats milk and another with thick greek yogurt. Both were spectacular!
Speaking of yogurt and popsicles I have a cute summer promo full of goodies for you. Stonyfield Farm has provided me with one Summer in a Box giveaway for you. They have a new organic frozen yogurt pops with dark chocolate coating. Yum! Included are some free coupons for those and a bunch of all natural summer products.
I could have brought some pops to a lovely outing at a friends house in LA, but they would have melted on my 2 hour drive. Anyways I showed up with a giant wheel of cheese. They were happy with that.
You know what was kinda neat about these popsicles…..how the creamier part separated to the bottom and the pumpkin part went to the top. Makes ’em pretty and the great flavor is throughout the whole pop.
Have you been making lots of popsicles this summer? Do you like creamy, fruity, chocolate, tart……I love them all. Join me in a lick of fall in the heat of summer.
Are you a pumpkin junkie like us? Feel free to share any of your favorite popsicle links and recipes in the comments field.
This giveaway is now over. Thanks for all of your entries. Congrats to Caroline from Chocolate and Carrots. Enjoy!
Here is what is included in this Summer in a Basket Giveaway. You will love these all natural products.
- Stonyfield Frozen Yogurt Bars Two coupons for Gotta Have Vanilla, and After Dark Chocolate.
- Badger After-Sun Balm A certified organic treat for sun-parched skin.
- Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream This new 100% natural moisturizer is perfect for combination skin.
- Tom’s of Maine Simply White Toothpaste Keep those pearly whites – bright, naturally.
- Tom’s of Maine Daily Moisture Body Soap Bar This bar smells delicious.
- Tom’s of Maine Long lasting Deodorant Stick We all need long lasting, yes?!
- Uncle Matt¡’s Organic Lemonade and Juices One coupon for this awesome juice.
How to Enter
Leave some comments….helpful guidance is below. You have until Friday, August 12th, 12 midnight PST to enter this giveaway. Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
To earn additional entries, leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, we will not be able to include them.
- Tell me about your favorite pop, what organic means to you, or how you might be incorporating organic into your summer choices.
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use or make up your own: Pls RT: Visit Family Fresh Cooking. @MarlaMeridith has a @Stonyfield giveaway with all natural “Summer in a Box” goodies http://su.pr/2rFU9Z
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @Stonyfield on Twitter
- Follow @drhauschka_USA on Twitter
- Follow @TomsofMaine on Twitter
- Follow @unclematts on Twitter
- Add the Family Fresh Cooking badge into your sidebar or somewhere on your blog
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post & follow me @familyfresh on StumbleUpon
- Add a link to this post on your blog.
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram
Pumpkin Pie Popsicles
Makes 4 popsicles
- Simply adjust quantities in direct ratios to make more pops. You can keep some mix in the fridge as well for a day if you only have one set of pop molds. Or simply use dixie cups as molds.
- Use any milk or unsweetened yogurt you have on hand.
- I used unsweetened canned pumpkin. Food For My Family has a great Homemade Pumpkin Purée post.
- 8 ounces of Goats Milk, fat free Greek Yogurt, unsweetened Coconut Milk or any Vegan milk you desire
- 3 ounces unsweetened Pumpkin Purée
- 1/2 dropper full of Vanilla Stevia Drops, Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- pinch of fine Sea Salt
In a bowl mix together all ingredients well. Add sweetener to taste. Pour into popsicle molds or dixie cups with about 1/4 inch room at the top. Lay a sheet of foil on top of the pop mild and poke sticks through. Freeze for about 2 hours or until frozen solid. Gently remove pops from molds.
Pumpkin Recipes on Family Fresh Cooking
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes
- Cranberry Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Oat Muffins
- Pumpkin Ricotta Stuffed French Toast
- Pumpkin Vanilla Applesauce
Popsicle Recipe Links
- Coconut Mung Bean Kaffir Lime Popsicles 6 Bittersweets
- Saffron Apricot Popsicles Hungry Rabbit
- Raspberry and White Cherry Yogurt Pops Verses From My Kitchen
- Root Beer Float Popsicles Dine and Dish
- White Sangria Popsicles Confections of a Foodie Bride
- Watermelon Frozen Yogurt Popsicles Family Fresh Cooking
Family Fresh Cooking disclosure: Stonyfield Farm has provided me with a Summer in a Box gift pack and one that they will ship to a US based reader.