Summer Views in Park City, Utah

by Marla on August 10, 2011 · 51 comments

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah

As most of you all ready know I was recently in Park City, Utah for the super awesome evo’11 conference. During one of the panel sessions my Energizer Bunny self snuck out and made my way downtown with camera(s) in hand. What a treat it was! I am a mountain girl at heart. Any opportunity I have to be outside embraced and hugged by giant peaks is a very special treat.

Park City is a charming town and I wanted to share some of it’s beauty with you. In my post The Great Outdoors,a Bear, Boots, Bloggers and Friends I shared some snippets taken with my iPhone. Here is a little more to entice you…..

Direction Signs in park City Utah by Marla Meridith

Please don’t let this travel post confuse you with where I am right now. Telluride. I told you I am obsessed with the mountains and get out of the OC as often as possible to be in my *happy place* Love those direction signs above, in this lifetime I need to visit  each and everyone of those places….

Vintage mountain mining town USA in summer

Like most of the small mountain towns, Park City was a robust mining town. It was founded in 1869. PC has a fabulous history that is reflected in the preservation of it’s beautiful buildings.

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah Symbols of that history are everywhere you turn.

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah

PC has the yearly Food and Wine Classic. Now that sounds like a lot of fun. Have you guys ever been to a foodie festival? If so which ones.  I would love to go to this one some day.

Park City Food and Wine Festival Utah

I visited town on a Saturday morning between 9-11am. People were out grabbing coffee, enjoying brunch, running, cycling and smiling. The blue bird skies and mountain views could put a grin on anyone’s face.

Cyclists in downtown Park City Utah

Flowers were in full bloom everywhere. Bright, vibrant colors…..

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah

The dogs were happy too. Isn’t this Weimaranar darling?

Weimaraner Dog in Ski Town USA by Marla Meridith

The homes are full of local charm and creativity.

Local home in mountain town USA by Marla Meridith

These old rustic buildings tempt me to take a few pieces home for props. It is very hard to look and not touch.

Old barn home in Park City Utah

The colors of the buildings are no less bright than the flowers…..Check out that playful garden sculpture made out of snow shovels.

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah

All shades of purples, turquoise and everything in between play beautifully off the bluebird skies.

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah

A little vintage Americana theme in this house……I love those little hanging lanterns and the Jeep is cool too.

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah

Snowboards, skis, and all kinds of treasures adorn the sides of buildings.

Marla Meridith Travel Photos from Park City Utah

People say the skiing is amazing in Utah. The snow is dry, fluffy and abundant. I have never skied there but hope to try it some day. There are an abundance of mountain resorts to choose from. Each have their own unique characteristics. Everyone I talked to there had a favorite for very specific reasons. From The Canyons, to Deer Valley, Park City, Alta, Sundance……I have no doubt in my mind each mountain is heavenly.

Must. Visit. All.

Homes in Park City Utah by Marla Meridith

In the mean time you can find me tucked away in my sweet little box canyon. Do you have a favorite mountain hideaway? Have you ever been to Park City?

To learn more about Park City…..

More Travel Posts on Family Fresh Cooking

1 Estela @ Weekly Bite August 10, 2011 at 7:32 am

What gorgeous pictures!! I’ve always wanted to visit Park City :)

2 Laura @ SweetSavoryPlanet August 10, 2011 at 7:46 am

We did an extended family vacation in this area during the summer and it was an amazing place. Utah in general is an amazingly, beautiful place. Your lovely pictures are a welcome reminder of our trip. Even the pic of the Weimaramar reminds me of our family pet of 17 years when I was a child! Thanks.

3 Rosa August 10, 2011 at 7:58 am

Thanks for the wonderful photos! That place looks perfect for a vacation.

4 Bev Weidner August 10, 2011 at 8:09 am

Gorgeous! My husband lived in PC for a while, so I’ve showing him all these pictures asking him, HAVE YOU BEEN THERE? WHAT ABOUT THERE? DO YOU REMEMBER THAT SIGN?

He’s not annoyed at all.

5 Marla August 10, 2011 at 8:28 am

Ha Bev, let’s hope he is not annoyed ;) Glad you are sharing with such enthusiasm!

6 Lisa August 10, 2011 at 8:18 am

We were just in Park City last month and it is one of my TOP favorite places!!! So, so beautiful. <3 I enjoyed your photos as well.

7 Caroline @ chocolate and carrots August 10, 2011 at 8:24 am

Beautiful! Park City and Telluride. Wow. Stunning photographs. I’ve always wanted to travel to the Rocky Mountains. Definitely on my bucket list. :-) What a great place to unwind.

8 Marla August 10, 2011 at 8:29 am

Caroline, when you have the opportunity you must explore the Rocky Mountains. They are dreamy any season at all.

9 Kristen August 10, 2011 at 9:39 am

Oh how I love Park City too. Such a quaint, quirky, beautiful little town!

10 the urban baker August 10, 2011 at 9:44 am

so great, Marla. I feel happiness via all your adventures, food, and pros! x

11 Rocio Rincon August 10, 2011 at 9:47 am

Hi, what a beautiful city!!! I love the pictures! It remains me of a town called Jerome in AZ. I wish I could visit Park City.

Xoxo,

Rocio R.

12 Maria August 10, 2011 at 10:01 am

We love Park City! Now you need to come experience it in the winter:) We are waiting!

13 Amanda August 10, 2011 at 10:09 am

Really beautiful photography Marla… I swear you are going to get me to Telluride one day! If you love it I know I will!

14 Angie August 10, 2011 at 10:12 am

Spectacular photos Marla! Miss you!

15 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 10, 2011 at 10:29 am

I feel relaxed just looking at your pictures. Beautiful place Marla :)

16 Misty August 10, 2011 at 10:44 am

LOVE Park city! I need to plan a weekend trip down.

17 Traci August 10, 2011 at 11:15 am

Love Park City. We live right by the canyon and Park City is always our 30 minute getaway. It’s a whole different world. Love it!!

18 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 10, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Marla it looks sooooo beautiful there…and your pics are so vibrant, crisp, clear, amazing…you just blow me away every day with your photography and how you continue to grow and just make me feel like I am RIGHT there with you.

So happy for you that you had this time away.

And I love that teal bldg with the murals on the side of it. That is so me right there!

19 Katrina August 10, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Great photos! I need to go here.

20 Kelley August 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Marla, you captured my home town so beautifully and I’m so glad you’ve shared it with your readers. The pictures are beautiful! Head on out this winter for a little ski trip, we’d love to have you!

21 Marla August 10, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Kelley, thanks so much for your sweet comment. I know how high your standards are & how much you love your town. I love showing it off :)

22 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] August 10, 2011 at 2:15 pm

It’s official. I want to live there!

23 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. August 10, 2011 at 4:06 pm

fabulous travel post! Park City is one of my favorite cities ever, and I fell in love with it last year when I went for the first time..Your travel posts and pictures are some of my favorites by far! You are so talented!

24 Marla August 10, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Thanks Alison I am so glad you like my travel posts. I am having a blast sharing my journeys with you guys :)

25 Maris (In Good Taste) August 10, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Lovely photos of a beautiful part of the country!

26 Kimby August 10, 2011 at 6:38 pm

We used to drive through there every week or two on trucking runs — SO beautiful coming down the mountains and seeing PC nestled in the slopes (except when the roads were icy!) Your photos and descriptions made a beautiful travelogue, Marla! Lots of happy memories there!

27 sophia August 10, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Wow. Utah was actually one of the last places in my mind to visit (I’m actually listening to Book of Mormons the broadway musical right now; it’s hilarious), but now I’m enamored. I don’t think I’d visit in the winter, but the summer scene is utterly gorgeous!

28 Marla August 11, 2011 at 5:36 am

Sophia, any time of year I do believe you would love the scenery. There is so much to do in mountain towns in the summer. The other bonus is that the are cooler than sea level locations. Love that crisp mountain air! “Book of Mormons” Interesting!

29 Joanne August 11, 2011 at 4:51 am

What a gorgeous place to visit! I’ve never been to Utah but it’s almost like I have with all of these fabulous photos!

30 Marla August 11, 2011 at 5:36 am

Cool Joanne, glad I could give you a virtual tour!

31 Diane August 11, 2011 at 5:53 am

What beautiful photos. I have never been to the USA and not likely to get there now so I love seeing photos about the other side of the world. Diane

32 Marly August 11, 2011 at 7:13 am

Utah seems to be one of those places that is picturesque from border to border. I can’t wait to go back some day. Thanks for your informative post on Park City – looks like a fun place to visit!

33 Deliciously Organic August 11, 2011 at 7:50 am

I’ve never been to Park City and had no idea how gorgeous it is! I’ll put that on my list of “places to visit”.

34 Sommer@ASpicyPerspective August 11, 2011 at 7:57 am

Wow honey, your photos make me want to head to Utah immediately! :)

35 Marla August 11, 2011 at 9:54 am

Sommer hopefully next year we can get you to Utah for evo next year. You will love it!

36 Kate@Diethood August 11, 2011 at 8:10 am

What a charming place!
Your photos are incredible!

37 Kalyn August 11, 2011 at 9:02 am

My dad lived in Park City in the 1930s when it was a real mining town. Then the mine went bankrupt and they ended up giving their house back to the bank, so sad! It’s been fun watching how much it has changed over the years since I was a kid.

38 Marla August 11, 2011 at 9:53 am

Oh Kalyn that is not so good. The mining thing is a bit sketchy at best. Seems to be the only folks who benefited the most were the mine owners. Being here in Telluride I hear lots of similar stories to your families.

39 Lisa {With Style and Grace} August 11, 2011 at 9:16 am

Beautiful pictures, Marla!! Now I want to go back – not sure I can wait an entire year… girls weekend? ;)

40 Marla August 11, 2011 at 9:48 am

Oh good! I am glad my clicks make you want to head back to PC. I would love to do a winter girls trip. Heck, spring, summer or fall would be great too!

41 Heavenly Housewife August 11, 2011 at 9:26 am

What an adorable place to visit, your pictures make me want to hop on over!
*kisses* HH

42 carolinaheartstrings August 11, 2011 at 11:52 am

I love Ouray Colorado. If you ever get to go there do. It is so unbelievably beautiful and quaint.

43 Marla August 11, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I am actually very close to Ouray right now in Telluride. Just a ride up & over the mountain. A very BIG mountain! I hear it is beautiful but I have never been. One day for sure!

44 Jeanette August 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I’ve never been to Park City, but I think you have captured the essence in all these gorgeous photos! Sounds like EVO was a fun event, wish I could have been there.

45 HeatherChristo August 11, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Gorgeous photos Marla! I have never been to Utah in the summer, but you make a compelling argument!

46 claudia lamascolo August 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I love to see photo’s of places I may never see in real life these are great!

47 Roxana GreenGirl August 11, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I love reading your traveling post, well, all of your posts :)
The photos are stunning, make me pack my stuff and visit Utah. Have never been there :(

48 Kita August 12, 2011 at 1:36 pm

What an awesome town and great pictures!!

49 Georgia Pellegrini August 14, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Love your little energizer bunny self :) I’ve never been to Park City but I think we’ll have to rendezvous there next year.

50 Marla August 14, 2011 at 6:38 pm

We would have gobs of fun in Park City….before that I would LOVE to get you to Telluride ;)

51 Megan September 12, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I’ve never been to Park City but I’ll be going next year for the evo conference. I can’t wait, it looks beautiful!!!