Happy Post Wrap-Up: It’s a Pumpkin Party!

by Marla on October 2, 2011 · 57 comments

Pumpkin muffins and pancakes on Family Fresh Cooking blog

Ever since I shared my Pumpkin themed Happy Post with you I have been looking forward to posting the re-cap. Lots of busy-ness has gotten in the way, but that’s OK. Here it is! You guys brought 67 amazing recipes to the party. Each one had me on the edge of my seat craving more…

Different sized pumpkins with prices at pumpkin patch
I browsed every link and you guys should too. They will always be available to you on my Happy Post. The photos below are taken by the respective bloggers mentioned.

Let’s start with some decadent brunch and breakfast ideas, shall we? How about Nutella Swirl Bread from Barbara Bakes? Pumpkin Crepes with Gingered Pear is sure to swoon by Perry’s Plate. TidyMom spooks us all with Halloween Pancakes & Black Syrup Spiders.  Two Peas and Their Pod (now 3 peas!!) share Pumpkin Granola which can be packed up in little containers for meals on the run…

Fall pumpkin breakfast recipes on Family Fresh Cooking blog
This Pumpkin Roll Megan’s Cooking has me all giddy! While over there you must check out her Crunch Cake and Oreo Pops as well. The Pumpkin Truffles by Yummy Mummy would make for the ultimate dessert bar.

Pumpkin truffles, Oreo pops, crunch cake, pumpkin cake roll

The Pumpkin Cobbler over at Bijouxs is unstoppable. She says her recipes are “Little Jewels From The Kitchen” I would have to agree with that.

Give me a giant cup of coffee, turn on the Food Network, hand me a spoon and all is right in the world. No, I will not share…..

Pumpkin Cobbler for Halloween or Thanksgiving

Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread and Glazed Pound Cake via Lana from Never Enough Thyme. OMG.

Lana says “What’s not to like about pound cake? It’s rich. It’s buttery. It’s just delicious.” Yes, that would be true.

Never Enough Thyme Pumpkin photos

I think The Faux Martha really is Martha Stewart. Her recipes are beautiful, how could anyone resist these Mini Pumpkin Loaves?

Pumpkin fall recipe round up

Cupcakes are always in season…

Look at these beauties with sculpted fondant by Epicurean Mom. Some more beautiful cupcakes by 6 Bittersweets.

6 Bittersweets Pumpkin cupcakes and Epicurean Mom

Here are a few must try savory recipes: Pumpkin Pasta with Bacon and Thyme by Cinnamon Girl, Pumpkin Sage Gougeres by Cookin’ CanuckOrange Roasted Pumpkin Soup by Angie’s Recipes.

Joanne….you floor me. Always. Spinach and Onion Curry Pizza on a Pumpkin Crust by Eats Well with Others. Nuff Said. I do hope you ladies share.

Pumpkin pizza, soup, gougeres, pasta with bacon

A natural pairing is cream cheese frosting with pumpkin. Cheesecake Cobbler is heavenly at Created by Diane and Cream Cheese Frosted Bars by How to Simplify.

Created by Diane and How to Simplify Pumpkin recipes

On the lighter side….Dine and Dish lessens the load with Perfect Pumpkin Pudding. Jeanette’s Healthy Living has gluten free Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts. Organic Spark shares Gluten Free Muffins.

I’ll take a few batches of each!

Dine and Dish, Organic Spark, Jeanette's Healthy Living recipes

Averie from Love Veggies and Yoga makes the world a whole lot better with a DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte. See ya later Starbucks….

Averie Sunshine Pumpkin Latte recipe

What fall recipes inspire you? Have you been baking more now that autumn is here?

Graphic for Happy Post on Family Fresh Cooking blog

Pumpkin Recipe Links

1 Tartepink October 2, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Wow, what an amazing collection! Happy indeed :)

2 Diane {Created by Diane} October 2, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I love pumpkin and this is certainly a Pumpkin Party! LOVE IT! Marla I just love everything here and can’t wait to dive deeper into all things pumpkin.
Thanks for adding my recipe, you are so sweet!

3 Marla October 3, 2011 at 5:12 am

Diane, looking forward to seeing more of your pumpkin goodies in the next few months. You have a great habit of *wowing* us :)

4 Rosa October 2, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I cannot resist pumpkin-based dishes and baked goods. That is one wonderful roundup.

5 Caroline @ chocolate and carrots October 3, 2011 at 3:01 am

What a great round up! So many good recipes…where do I start! ;-) They are all so cute and delicious looking. I think I’ll start with the donuts. Yum!

6 Marla October 3, 2011 at 5:13 am

Caroline, I have my eye on those baked donuts as well. Not to mention…they scream healthy. Love that!

7 Katrina October 3, 2011 at 3:39 am

GREAT round up Marla! Everything looks crazy yummy. Can’t wait to try some of these…or all.

8 Marla October 3, 2011 at 5:14 am

Katrina, I think down the road all will need to be tried…….around here though I might mix things up & make ‘em all healthy or something. If possible ;)

9 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 3, 2011 at 3:47 am

I just came up with another one that’s my best ever pumpkin recipe…I am calling it Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. And it’s already vegan and GF. I’ll put my link in the linkhop. Thanks for linking me up in this post…you’re so sweet.

And all these other pumpkin recipes…where do I start..they all look so great.. You are so generous for posting them all for everyone :)

10 Marla October 3, 2011 at 5:15 am

Averie, it was really hard to choose which recipes to put in this post. They were all amazing! I encourage everyone to check out the link hop to see what everyone else submitted. Can’t wait to see your Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars.

11 Carrie@ Bakeaholicmama October 3, 2011 at 4:24 am

Everyone of those recipes has my mouth watering! I want to make that pumkin cobbler this week… looks and sounds SO good!

12 Marla October 3, 2011 at 5:16 am

Carrie, I have my eyes on that cobbler too. Do let me know if you try it. Can’t wait to hear how amazing it is!

13 Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free October 3, 2011 at 4:57 am

Yay for pumpkin! All these look amazing! I have some more experimenting to do…with the 15 cans of pumpkin I bought…oops…

14 Marla October 3, 2011 at 5:18 am

Alex, it is ridiculous how quickly you will probably go through those cans of pumpkin. Around here I am going through 3-4 per week lately. Can you say addicted to everything pumpkin? We pop open cans of it, sweeten it a smudge and eat it by the spoonful. Not to mention all the baking that is going on! Can’t wait to see what you cook up. Perhaps I will need to do a Pumpkin Happy Post round 2. Hmmmm.

15 Kitchen Belleicious October 3, 2011 at 5:01 am

Wow, what is not to love here on this post today. Everything looks amazing and kinda sad I just used my last can of pumpkin yesterday or there would be some pumpkin making stuff going on in this kitchen today for sure! Especially love the pumpkin mini loaves. Pumpkin always inspires me for fall but so does roasted seasoned nuts and my grandmother’s apple cobbler! Love me some apples too!

16 Marla October 3, 2011 at 5:21 am

Hi Belle! It is so sad when you open the pantry and there is no more pumpkin!!! EEEEKKKK. Gotta always buy a dozen cans at a time. Or something. I need to re-stock as well. I also have a bunch of pumpkins that I bought at Trader Joe’s that I need to roast up. Those will be soooo good! Apples: cannot get enough of those either. I am thinking of taking the kids apple picking next weekend. They would have a blast. They photos will be fun too. The BIG bonus, apple pie a la mode after the pickin’ xxoo

17 Lauren at Keep It Sweet October 3, 2011 at 5:28 am

Wow, everything looks amazing! Thanks for linking to my Pumpkin Party post:-)

18 Jeanette October 3, 2011 at 5:58 am

Marla – I am loving your Happy Posts, brings a smile to my face :)
These pumpkin recipes are all so enticing! Thanks for including my donuts in your roundup (they’re my little guy’s current favorite).

19 Mackenzie Ltd. October 3, 2011 at 6:03 am

These recipies are irresistable. You know it’s fall when all you crave is pumpkin bread, pie and anything else pumpkin related. Thank you fall!

20 Amanda October 3, 2011 at 6:14 am

That is one pretty phenomenal round up!! Gorgeous!

21 La Phemme Phoodie October 3, 2011 at 6:14 am

Incredible collection of recipes. So many I want to try. Thanks for sharing!

22 Edilene October 3, 2011 at 6:27 am

I love your photos!!! Makes me want to eat everything! Very beautiful!

23 susan October 3, 2011 at 6:33 am

so ironic, I am working on a similar post! it must be that time of year. great round up, Marla(as always)!

24 Barbara @ Barbara Bakes October 3, 2011 at 6:35 am

So many creative ways to use pumpkin. I never knew. Thanks for the delicious roundup!

25 Karriann Graf October 3, 2011 at 7:05 am

You have some amazing entries here…. I can’t wait to make some of them. This past weekend I was looking for a Pumpkin Latte recipe and ended up making my Pumpkin Pie Caramel Corn instead. I was still on a hunt for a Pumpkin Latte but low and behold you have one in your post!

“Spice it Up”

26 Molly Chester October 3, 2011 at 7:41 am

You’ve gotten me in the mood for Halloween! Thanks for the link dear Marla!

27 Kristen October 3, 2011 at 8:15 am

Oh my – so much pumpkin deliciousness! What a great party :)

28 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] October 3, 2011 at 8:26 am

This post makes me so happy because I LOVE all things pumpkin. So much inspiration here!

29 Lucy October 3, 2011 at 8:42 am

You are a pumpkin genius – this more more orange than Mario Batali’s Croc collection – look at you fly x

30 Brooke @ Food Woolf October 3, 2011 at 9:08 am

You totally have me craving pumpkin now. First up, pumpkin coffee cake!

31 Lisa {With Style and Grace} October 3, 2011 at 9:27 am

great roundup!! i’ve been adding pumpkin to everything lately, thankfully haven’t gotten sick of it – yet…

32 jennifer @ peanut butter and peppers October 3, 2011 at 9:38 am

I love all the recipes. It’s great that you show other bloggers goodies!

33 Esi October 3, 2011 at 11:40 am

Just got my first can of pumpkin last week. I love this season!

34 Angie October 3, 2011 at 12:24 pm

What a bountiful feast!!!!! I love fall. I can almost smell all the pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon! My son saw the pumpkin pancakes with black spider syrup and loved them! All the ideas are so amazing! Bravo!

35 Nancy@acommunaltable October 3, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Great collection of all things “pumpkin”!!!

36 Laura Rees October 3, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Oh my – pumpkin love indeed. I’m having decision paralysis as to which pumpkin recipe to choose!

37 Maria October 3, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I love pumpkin! Thanks for featuring our granola:)

38 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. October 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm

great mix of pumpkin! Who doesn’t love pumpkin? Miss you xoxoxoo

39 Rebecca ~ Sweet Baby Yams October 3, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Thanks for compiling all of these recipes! I’m going to buy pumpkins this weekend and try out some of these recipes.

40 Donna October 3, 2011 at 7:37 pm

What a pumpkin palooza ~ you have put me in a pumpkin mood!

41 HeatherChristo October 3, 2011 at 7:39 pm

MARLA!!! I just swoon for pumpkin, and now I have an incredible collection of recipes to drool over! Thanks so much :)

42 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit October 3, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Holy pumpkin. I feel like marching downstairs and cracking open a can of it right now. But it’s WAY too late to even think about doing such a thing hehe. My favorite thing right now is rice pasta. I’ve been making so many things with it! Pasta screams colder weather for me.

43 Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella October 3, 2011 at 8:42 pm

What a gorgeous line up! I can’t wait for Halloween this month. It’s my favourite holiday of the year! :D

44 Baking Serendipity October 3, 2011 at 9:10 pm

What a fantastic line-up! I love pumpkin this time of year and am so excited to see so many creative new recipes using it :) Happy fall!

45 Heidi / foodiecrush October 3, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Okay, this is a serious case of the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. And I am DOWN with it! Love this round-up Marla.

46 Sanjeeta kk October 4, 2011 at 3:01 am

Wow..totally sold to this Pumpkin post, Marla. Gorgeous collection..need to browse them all.

47 Cookin' Canuck October 4, 2011 at 7:28 am

How I love your happy posts, Marla. The weather has finally turned autumn-like today and I am thinking all-things pumpkin, so this post is very timely. Thanks so much for including my gougeres.

48 Georgia Pellegrini October 4, 2011 at 9:39 am

I love this round up, it makes me so excited for this season. I think a pumpkin spice latte is my favorite… it reminds me of my college days and our indulgences between study sessions.

49 Sylvia@bascooking October 4, 2011 at 11:27 am

What a wonderful collection, Marla. Unless for me, pumpkin is the most versatile vegetable

50 aida mollenkamp October 4, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Great round-up, Marla! Anything pumpkin and I’m there but I’ve got my sights set on the pancakes, crepes, and pizza for the moment!

51 SweetSugarBelle October 5, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I love it when you gather up all of these fun ideas for us! LOTS of cute in one place!!!

52 Andrea DiGeronimo October 10, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I. Love. Pumpkin! Can’t wait to try these! The hard thing is to decide what first! xo, Andrea

53 daisybabie October 16, 2011 at 9:10 am

oh my gosh! i went googling for pumpkin recipes and came across this gem of a post! i am in awe. thank you thank you

54 Marla October 16, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Thanks so much Daisy Babie. Glad you love the pumpkin round up. Can’t get enough pumpkin around here!

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 19, 2011 at 6:00 pm

This round up is amazing! I’m so intrigued by that pizza. Going to check out a bunch now…as if I needed another reason to eat pumpkin! :)

56 ldrboyle December 12, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Pumpkin, love anything pumpkin and will try some of these recipes. They all look good!