Pumpkin Patch Dreams

by Marla on October 27, 2011 · 50 comments

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

Bet you didn’t know that the pumpkin patch is where all the cool kids hang out. Or maybe you did know that. Either way have you made your annual trek to a Halloween themed happy place? I hope you have. In this pumpkin dreamland post I share gigantic amounts of photos with you. My intention is to make you *smile* like we did.

This is a day that we will all remember forever. Life is all about the great memories

We could spend the entire month of October living at this place….

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

The Irvine Regional Park in Orange County, CA has a little bit of everything. Perhaps I should say a lot of everything. This place is HUGE. You can cruise around on paddle boats, ride the train, feed ducks, ride mini ponies, visit the petting zoo and much, much more.

Everywhere you look there are people having picnics, enjoying the sunshine and each others company. Creating memories.

Scarecrow at Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

Boo! I know that scarecrow and the haunted house look awfully scary. Not. That pole inside the scarecrow looks a bit painful though.

Not scary is very good when you are two small kids and your mom is a wuss. Besides, mom is waaaayyyy too busy taking pictures of everything to be scared. She might drop her camera or something.

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

We ponder how big they are now and how big they will be next year. Let’s not rush the time OK?!

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

A billowy headband is a nod to our favorite holiday…

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

A little tulle, a little pink, some fringe boots and all is right with the world.

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

Let’s not miss out in the Miner’s Camp……

That looks spooky too. Boo!

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

Rides round and round in circles in mini John Deere tractors are a hoot!

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

I love the rustic feel of this place…

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

Isn’t it amazing when mom gets caught up somewhere with her camera and daddy treats you to cotton candy

Kids with cotton candy. Orange County lifestyle: the OC.

Really a treat because this only happens like once a year…maybe a few more times if you are well behaved.

Little Boy with Cotton Candy

All that sugar is not only a huge & unexpected treat….but it makes us act even more silly!

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

Time to pick out the perfect pumpkin…

Irvine Regional Park Pumpkin Patch, Orange County, California

Not too big or too small. Just right for carving at home.

Irvine Regional Park, Orange County Lifestyle

I begged my hubs to grab a few clicks of me & the kids before we left.

Marla Meridith: woman with 7 year old daughter in Pink clothes

My daughter was into it. My son however was crashing from that cotton candy business.

What do you have planned for Halloween? Have you carved pumpkins yet?

Pumpkin Related Posts on Family Fresh Cooking

1 Rosa October 27, 2011 at 9:40 am

Loveloy clicks! I really like that portriat of you and your daughter at the end of the post.

2 Marla October 27, 2011 at 10:18 am

Thanks Rosa! I might just need to blow that up and frame that one :) xxoo

3 Andrea October 28, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I agree, that picture is very frame worthy :) You both look beautiful

4 carly {carlyklock} October 27, 2011 at 9:51 am

I’d go just to drive in one of those John Deeres! What, I’m too big?

5 Marla October 27, 2011 at 10:18 am

Carly…seriously! Why didn’t I think of that. Think I need to head back out to the patch to ride those tractors while they are busy at school ;)

6 Clair October 27, 2011 at 10:03 am

Three things I LOVE in this post:

1) All your photography.
2) Your daughter’s super cute outfit…gosh, I would have been over the moon for that at her age.
3) That last pic of the two of you…super sweet…you both look beautiful!

7 Marla October 27, 2011 at 10:17 am

Hi Clair! Thanks so much for all of your sweetness….I want my daughters outfit too. Wish I could get away wearing that!

8 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 27, 2011 at 10:09 am

Lovely clicks Marla! Love all the photos – especially the last one with you and your daughter. Perfect family.

We went to a local pumpkin “mock” patch – Florida doesn’t have a real patch – and enjoyed picking out a pumpkin or two, under an oak tree. Loads of kids playing around in the barn, horse riding and overall, a wonderful experience.

We’ve never carved a pumpkin before – gotta get on to that soon :)

9 Marla October 27, 2011 at 10:16 am

Thanks Kiran! We have lots of pumpkin patches and local parks all set up with this holiday bliss. It is tough not to stop at each and every one! Enjoy carving those pumpkins…it is so fun. Also don’t forget to enjoy the seeds :)

10 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] October 27, 2011 at 10:31 am

How fun! I need to visit this pumpkin patch next year. I don’t have kids but I know I would have a blast. I’ll bring my BF too!

11 Bev Weidner October 27, 2011 at 11:16 am

Look at your kiiiiids! And you look fabulous too!

We’re staying IN for Halloween. I’m going as “that one girl that I can hear singing out of every window of her house and I think she has wine teeth. Yep, she sure does.”

12 Marla October 28, 2011 at 5:40 am

Bev….silly girl. “Wine Teeth” now that is a HOT look that should rock Halloween ;) Have fun girl. I will watch your festivities via twitter!

13 susan October 27, 2011 at 11:54 am

we go to Underwood Farms every year and it is a tradition my 13 year old still loves. your pumpkin patch in Irvine looks like it is the “happiest place” on earth!

14 Marla October 28, 2011 at 5:39 am

Susan, love those family traditions! I hope my kids always want to do this stuff with us :)

15 Dee at Deelicious Sweets October 27, 2011 at 12:05 pm

We are picking our pumpkins out this evening. A little late this year but we will be busy little carvers tonight. Your children are adorable and I would totally wear that outfit to the pumpkin patch!

16 Marla October 28, 2011 at 5:38 am

Dee, it’s never too late to carve a pumpkin. Hope you had a blast!! Happy Halloween :)

17 Kristen October 27, 2011 at 12:27 pm

The pumpkin patch is one of my favorite places to be and it is my all time favorite tradition. Love your pics, Marla!

18 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 27, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Awww, I love the pics and the post, Marla.

They are adorable and your photos are so inspiring, as usual. And your kiddos are getting…so big!! Your daughter is going to be taller than you are soon :) I passed my mom up in 5th grade but she was always still the boss :)

19 Lauren@LittleYellowKitchen October 27, 2011 at 1:22 pm

How cool is this place! It’s like a lovely Fall dream. I grew up in Costa Mesa and never got to go there as a kid…I really wish I would’ve know about it now though. Gorgeous pic of you and your daughter by the way :)

20 Katrina October 27, 2011 at 2:03 pm

What a fun day!! Your family is beautiful. I need to go to a pumpkin patch to frolic.

21 Marla October 28, 2011 at 5:22 am

Hi Katrina! Frolic away my friend….who can resist a pumpkin patch!

22 Jennifer @ Mother Thyme October 27, 2011 at 5:52 pm

What stunning photos! We love going to the pumpkin patch. We went a few weeks ago with our twins and being only a year and a half they were all over the place. We are looking forward to Halloween this year because they are dressing up (Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf). They aren’t going out for candy, but it will still be fun to dress them up!

23 Marla October 28, 2011 at 5:21 am

Jennifer…your twins will be so cute in their costumes!! One and a half is such a cute age, but a bit tricky when you get them out to places like the pumpkin patch. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a great Halloween :) xo

24 Cara October 27, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Cute pics, Marla, thanks for sharing!

25 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts October 27, 2011 at 7:17 pm

What a fun day! We spent last weekend at our local pumpkin patch – so much fun! Great pictures of your family!

26 Nancy@acommunaltable October 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Marla,
I enjoyed this post so much – it brought back so many happy memories of taking my boys to Irvine Regional Park. Those times with your children are truly priceless. Your children are gorgeous – must take after Mom!

27 Marla October 28, 2011 at 5:18 am

Hi Nancy, I will take your sweet comment with me the rest of the day. Thanks for your kind words. Happy I could help you re-live those special memories with your boys :) xxoo

28 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. October 28, 2011 at 5:11 am

your kids are darling. I love this post! Have a great weekend!

29 Marla October 28, 2011 at 5:18 am

Thanks my friend. Miss you bunches and hope to connect with you again really soon :)

30 Kitchen Belleicious October 28, 2011 at 7:06 am

now that is one awesome pumpkin patch place! I would say what kid or adult wouldn’t have a blast there! The pics are adorable

31 Kankana October 28, 2011 at 10:03 am

Such gorgeous photos and those tractors are sooo cute! This is probably the most interesting Pumpkin patch I have seen.

32 Angie October 28, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Love that photo of you and your beautiful girl. What wonderful memories

33 Liz October 28, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Oh, what a fun day!!! I love the beautiful photo of you and your daughter….my boys are not as thrilled with being photographed as my daughter :)

34 Jen at The Three Little Piglets October 28, 2011 at 6:15 pm

That looks like so much fun! It reminds me of this cool place called Pumpkintown we used to visit in Connecticut when my husband was stationed there.

35 Marla October 28, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Jen “Pumpkintown” I love that idea. Wish I lived in a place called Pumpkin Town :)

36 Jeanette October 28, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Love the boots on your little girl, and what a sweet mommy daughter picture…as for boys, good luck getting him to take a picture with you.

37 Marla October 28, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Jeanette, many moms would agree with you on that one!!

38 Jay October 29, 2011 at 4:14 am

wow…wat a fantastic post with beauuuuuuuuuutiful cliks..
chanced upon your space while blog hopping…glad I stopped by..
Awesome space you have with very interesting posts..
Am your happy follower now..;)
do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite

39 bridget {bake at 350} October 29, 2011 at 6:45 am

Beautiful pictures!!!

40 Kate@Diethood October 29, 2011 at 7:17 am

What a gorgeous family!! Your daughter looks just like you…gorgeous!

41 Andrea DiGeronimo October 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Love the pumpkin patch. The pictures are spectacular, especially the one of you!
xoxo, Andrea

42 Andrea October 29, 2011 at 3:50 pm

What a fun family time! This pumpkin patch looks amazing.

43 Lora @cakeduchess October 29, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I hope you have that photo of you and your daughter framed…you two are beautiful and she does look so much like you. Love all these photos of a super fun day. You have beautiful kids. xx

44 Ana Da Silva-Bolt October 29, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Love the photos..Thank you for sharing..ana

45 Lorrie R October 30, 2011 at 9:34 am

We live in Oceanside and my hubby works in Seal Beach/Long Beach area and every now and again we go to Irvine. Usually it’s so I can shop all the asian groceries. Today we are going to get pumpkins, but we are going to Bates Nut Farm off the 15. You might want to see that next year. It’s huge!

46 Rosie @ Sweetapolita October 30, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Wow, Marla, this post is so jam-packed with happy–I love it. Your photos are gorgeous, and it looks like you all had an amazing time. I love all of the images, but that one of you and your daughter is stunning. Happy Halloween to you and your beautiful family. xo

47 Marla October 31, 2011 at 6:21 am

Hi Rosie Thanks for all of your sweetness my friend :) That was a super fun day. I hope you have a wonderful Halloween with your cute family too. xxoo

48 Georgia Pellegrini October 31, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Your daughters boots are spectacular. And so is that photo of the two of you! I hope it is framed somewhere!

49 Lucy October 31, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Love this post – you are such a great mummy – it shows in every pic…