You heard me right. Bacon in your curry, and it’s healthy too. Just a little bit of bacon goes a long way and adds oh so much flavor. This recipe is like a dream come true my friends. In the same way that I can’t get enough pumpkin I also can’t get enough sweet potato. If my skin turns orange we will just go with it, OK….
Serve this up over quinoa or rice. Or do as I do and serve alongside a heaping bowl of steamed veggies. Remember I like low carb but my kids and hubs prefer something a little heartier. Dip some crackers, pita or tortilla in this. All is great no matter what you do.
One of our favorite fall savories is my Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken Meatballs. This is sort of an expansion of that concept. Except this one has sweet potatoes and bacon.
Did y’all know that I write for the Chef Marcus Sameulsson blog? Last week this recipe was featured over there. Have you been watching the Next Iron Chef Super Chefs on the Food Network? Marcus has been rocking it over there as he battles to become the Next Iron Chef!
Will I be seeing any of you this weekend in San Francisco at the Foodbuzz Festival? I will be attending courtesy of Alexia Foods. Look for the petite gal wearing cowboy boots and pop on over to say *hi*
Tune in for a LIVE cooking demonstration with Chef Tyler Florence this Saturday, Nov. 5 at 7:30 PST streamed right on the Alexia Facebook page. Tyler will also announce the “Reinvent a Classic” French Fries finalists at this time! Hmmmm. I wonder who the finalists are? Can’t wait to hear about their FAB creations. There are 4 finalists and I will let you know when you can start voting. Just sayin’
For now let’s just eat some curry…
Do you have a favorite curry recipe? Please share some links in the comments if you wish.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unrefined Coconut Oil
- 2 pounds organic Chicken Breast, trim to bite sized pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) Sweet Potato Purée
- 4 slices cooked Bacon, chopped (set aside some for the topping)
- 1 can (17.5 ounces) of unsweetened light Coconut Milk
- a few pinches Smoked Paprika, Sea Salt, ground Cinnamon, ground Black Pepper and Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 packet powdered Stevia (or a little bit of your favorite sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour (or adjust to thicken sauce to your liking)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Cilantro (plus some for garnish)
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add chopped onions and garlic, cook a few minutes until softened and slightly browned. Increase heat to medium high and add chicken. Cook about 10 minutes until the chicken is browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. In a bowl combine the sweet potato puree with the coconut milk and spices.
- Add the coconut and sweet potato sauce to the chicken. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Add cherry tomatoes. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings to taste. Simmer about 25 minutes partially covered.
- Stir in cilantro and cooked bacon at the end. Garnish with additional bacon pieces and cilantro. You can also serve with a dollop of thick Greek yogurt or some sour cream.
Curry Recipe Links
- Chicken Curry Soup Simply Delicious
- Indian Spiced Sweet Potato Fries with Curry Aioli Family Fresh Cooking
- Coconut Basil Chicken Curry Eclectic Recipes
- Easy Thai Green Curry Veggie Belly
- Goan Vegetable Curry Divine Taste
- Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken Meatballs Family Fresh Cooking