Chocolate Oatmeal Pudding Breakfast Cake

by Marla on February 7, 2012 · 118 comments

Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day with berries and chocolate chips

The hardest thing about this recipe was finding a name for it. This was supposed to be pancakes, obviously this did not turn into pancakes. Not even close. This is a kind of pudding cake, with the texture of a flourless chocolate torte, yet with the oats it is more grainy than that. Difficult to describe indeed ~ but delicious to eat. It is heavenly, addictive and incredibly healthy to boot. So healthy and rich with energetic ingredients that I eat it for breakfast. Also it’s gluten free and vegan so no one feels left out.

So let’s have chocolate cake for breakfast. And you will feel great after you eat this cake. Pinky promise…
Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day with berries and chocolate chips
This recipe happened by mistake. Actually it happened by two mistakes. A while back I was measuring ingredients for muffins and I measured wrong. There was supposed to be a larger oat flour to coconut flour ratio and I goofed and reversed that. There was a whole lot of coconut flour and much less of the oat. The cocoa powder was in the mix too.

I packed up my measured mistake and labeled it. Not sure what to do with it all….

Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day with berries and carob chips

One bright and cheery morning my son woke and asked for chocolate pancakes. I pulled out my mis-measured flours and attempted pancakes. I figured this would be a great us for that. What happened was it never turned into pancakes. Instead it became a hot deep, dark chocolate oatmeal porridge with a very creamy texture. Simply divine.

We couldn’t get enough of it. You can enjoy this recipe just like that. No need to form a cake out of it, but certainly nice for presentation.

Don’t forget lots of fresh berries, whipped cream and pomegranate seeds.

Fresh raspberries and pomegranate seeds in little white porcelain espresso cup

Here is how the chocolate oat porridge transformed into a cake: the oatmeal that we did not eat I pressed into a baking dish. I dashed off to my workout and when I returned home the porridge had magically turned into cake!

Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day with berries and chocolate chips

For those of you who bake often with coconut flour then you know it absorbs huge quantities of liquids. Much more than you would think. It behaves differently from grain based flours in that respect. It also has a very fine texture and has the unique coconut flavor.

Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day with berries and chocolate chips

Have fun with cake shapes: You could also use silicone molds, cupcake pans. Dream something up and experiment.

Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day with berries and chocolate chips

Please do not hesitate to have this for dessert too. It is that good.

Also don’t forget to add more chocolate. One can never have enough chocolate. We are in love with carob chips too…which are free of refined sugars. Sometimes I enjoy their unique flavor instead of or with my chocolate. I also add these chips to my hot chocolate. They get all melty and fabulous on the bottom of my cup.

Carob chips in a little white espresso cup.

This would be a super fun treat to share with your Valentine. Be sure to have a few extra dollops of whipped cream available if you do this!

Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day with berries and chocolate chips

What is your favorite chocolate breakfast treat? Do you ever have cake for breakfast?

What is your most successful mistake in the kitchen?

Chocolate Oatmeal Pudding Breakfast Cake

Yield: 6 servings

Chocolate Oatmeal Pudding Breakfast Cake

• In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix together coconut milk and water. Pour the coconut milk and water into the flour mixture. Combine well, it will be thick and pasty. Mix in stevia and adjust to taste. Melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add batter and heat mixture for 5 to 6 minutes stirring constantly, scrap down sides and bottom throughout. A silicone spatula spoon is very good for this. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Spray a 9 X 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer batter to the baking dish flatten with the back of your spatula. Let cool in the fridge for about one hour. Gently loosen the edges of your chocolate cake with a spatula. Carefully flip out onto a plate or leave in the pan for serving. Top with fresh fruit or any toppings you desire.
  • Notes
  • You will need to adjust the sweetness of your pudding cake according to what kind of chocolate you use. I like unsweetened baking chocolate with 4 droppers full of vanilla stevia drops. If you use sweetened chocolate, make changes according to taste. You might not need any additional sweetener at all.
  • Serve at any temperature, but it is extra wonderful when warmed with cool berries and whipped cream.
  • This does not have the texture of a traditional cake ~ it has more of a creamy, oatie, slightly grainy pudding texture.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Chocolate Breakfast Cake Recipe Links

1 Jenny Flake February 7, 2012 at 6:21 am

This is so beautiful Marla! Love your photography style, it’s just stunning girl! xoxo

2 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:06 am

Thanks Jenny :) I had a blast shooting this post!! ~xo~

3 Kathryn February 7, 2012 at 6:26 am

All of my favourite things and, as a bonus, it’s gluten free! It looks delicious.

4 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:07 am

Kathryn, I am always happy when I can create recipes that can suit most people meal plans and diets :) Glad the GF works out for you!

5 Barbara @ Barbara Bakes February 7, 2012 at 6:27 am

So pretty. Love how you loaded it up with berries. It looks fabulous.

6 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:08 am

Barbara, loading up on the berries not only adds great flavor with the chocolate ~ but the bright hit of color is thrilling.

7 Bev Weidner February 7, 2012 at 6:35 am

Hold me.

8 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:06 am

You got it girl!

9 Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free February 7, 2012 at 6:38 am

Wow!!! They look so simple and decadent. I love it. Also loving that they are sugar-free and gluten-free. My kind of breakfast!

10 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:09 am

Alex, glad you like! Yes, guilt free and decadent at the same time :)

11 Genêt February 7, 2012 at 6:39 am

I’m anxious to try this decadently healthy (have never used those two words together) recipe! And your comments on the coconut flour will come in handy since I have yet to cook with that ingredient.

12 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:10 am

Genet, the coconut flour is funny to work with at first. Having the heads up should help you out. Enjoy your decadent & healthy breakfast cake :)

13 Heather @ Heather's Dish February 7, 2012 at 6:43 am

Chocolate cake for breakfast? Where has this been all my life?! :)

14 Rosa February 7, 2012 at 7:00 am

That is one fabulous breakfast treat! Your pudding looks ever so sinful. Lovely clicks. I really love the 6th photo from the top.

15 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

Thanks Rosa, I do believe that one (#6) is going to be in my photography portfolio :) Added it this morning. ~xo~

16 Amy Piper February 7, 2012 at 7:22 am

This recipe looks divine! How much coconut oil do you use and when do you add the Stevia? Thanks!

17 Marla February 7, 2012 at 8:58 am

Hi Amy! Thanks for asking, I added the changes to the recipe. It is one tablespoon of coconut oil and the stevia goes in the batter once you have combined the wet + dry ingredients :)

18 Caroline @ chocolate & carrots February 7, 2012 at 8:11 am

This looks incredible Marla! Who wouldn’t love a healthy chocolate cake for breakfast?!?!? Sign me up! :-D

19 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:13 am

Caroline, especially when pregnant ;)

20 Caroline @ chocolate & carrots February 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

Haha…no kidding! ;-) I’m so glad I like chocolate again. Pregnancy does some weird stuff to your taste! :-D

21 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 7, 2012 at 8:12 am

Marla, it’s gorgeous! I love raspberries and with chocolate, double yum.

Of course the pics are beautiful and the red theme is perfect for Valentine’s Day…but from you, I know you pre-plan your recipes to coincide with holidays (life of a successful blogger!) :)

22 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

Averie, always planning 2 months ahead!! This was shot about 40 days ago. Of course you would understand!

23 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 7, 2012 at 8:23 am

Anytime I see chocolate and breakfast lauded together it puts a big smile on my face. This looks delicious and so creative too. I’m glad you measured wrong the first time because it turned into this!!

24 Marla February 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

Heather, kitchen mistakes are usually frustrating. Thankfully this time the ingredients did not need to go in the trash ~ especially that coconut flour. That stuff is pretty pricy…chocolate + breakfast always makes me smile too :)

25 Diane February 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

This sounds so delicious and I love chocolate anyway :) Diane

26 chinmayie @ love food eat February 7, 2012 at 9:32 am

OMG! I can eat something like this for breakfast every day! lol

27 Sabrina February 7, 2012 at 9:32 am

this recipe looks delish!!! can I substitute skim milk for the coconut milk??

28 Noelle (@singerinkitchen) February 7, 2012 at 9:34 am

Wow! How amazingly delicious looking!

29 Cookin' Canuck February 7, 2012 at 9:44 am

I can’t say that my mistakes have ever turned in anything as awesome as this. With the pop of red berries on top, this looks like the perfect Valentine’s dessert/breakfast/afternoon snack.

30 Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe February 7, 2012 at 9:57 am

What a delicious mistake! Can I come over for breakfast? ;)

31 Sue February 7, 2012 at 10:08 am

No matter what you call it, I call it beautiful and delicious! it really does sound amazing! We just had carob in our smoothie the other day~mmmmm!

32 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts February 7, 2012 at 10:09 am

This looks stunning, can’t believe it is healthy! Love all the berries and pomegranate seeds – so yummy!

33 Janine February 7, 2012 at 10:32 am

Hi Marla!
I feel like you posted this one just for me! I love all if your posts and also follow you on Pinterest and Instagram! I have always eaten pretty healthy but have a definite sweet tooth! However, after having thyroid cancer and now no more thyroid, I have some hormone issues that have caused me to gain some weight. Alas, now I really watch what I eat, all the time! Thus, I am grateful to healthy sweet recipes like this that keep me from feeling deprived while I dig to find myself again! I have to ask though, what’s the 411 on the beautiful dishes?? They are almost too pretty to be photographed with this dish- wildly distracting! :) Can you whisper where you got those?? Thanks for being a sunny ray in my sky!
Janine

34 Marla February 9, 2012 at 5:09 am

Hi Janine, thanks for sharing your story and journey with me. You are so uplifting and positive! Are you talking about those little, circular round dishes? Those are from some local store in the OC that a gal took me to last year. I have not a clue the name…a lot of my white porcelain I purchase at Sur La Table though.
Best of luck in your road to wellness ~ sounds like you are doing awesome! Hope you get to enjoy this cake soon :)

35 TheFromagette February 7, 2012 at 10:47 am

Marla! Ok, we’re on the same page once again – I’m doing a raspberry {and almond} breakfast cake this week too – hahaha. But yours has chocolate and I gotta say…I’d like a slice of this right now. Or sooner.

36 Amy Tong February 7, 2012 at 11:25 am

What a wonderful creation by “mistake”! :) I’ve never cook with coconut flour before. Do you grind your own coconut flour or are they store bought? I really want to try this recipe as I know it’ll be a hit at my family table!

37 Marla February 9, 2012 at 5:05 am

Amy I purchase ours at the store. Bob’s Red Mill makes it & you can find some other brands too at natural foods stores.

38 bridget {bake at 350} February 7, 2012 at 2:38 pm

So, ok. This looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Marla! Wow…this is like a DREAM breakfast! And covered in those raspberries…wow! In love.

39 Jennifer Koskinen February 7, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Um… YUM! All around love this post – creative, fun, and beautifully shot! Can’t wait to try this very original recipe!

40 Angie February 7, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Marla! I love that new photo of you! Gorgeous!!
Love the idea of dessert for breakfast. Especially one you don’t need to feel guilty about. Your photos are so beautiful.

41 Marla February 9, 2012 at 4:50 am

Hi Angie…thanks for your sweet compliment. I took that last week in between loads of errands & work & kid pick ups!

42 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 7, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Totally amazing and oddly enough I tried to make coconut pancakes this weekend and they flopped so I have all these left over ingredients, which is in your cake, it must of been meant to be. Going to make tonight for work tomorrow!!

43 Marla February 9, 2012 at 4:49 am

Jennifer, that is too funny. Let me know how your cake turns out if you try it. We are all so used to using non-coconutty flours so it is very easy to use too much! Hopefully yours will be a happy mistake too.

44 Shawna @ CheekyChicFamily February 7, 2012 at 7:15 pm

My kids would go crazy for this especially with the berries on top. I do believe though they’d give me a funny look if I served them chocolate cake for breakfast. They’d probably be thinking….”Ok, we’ve finally broken her….she’s given up.”

45 Marla February 9, 2012 at 4:47 am

Shawna, yup we need to be careful about that. These kind of things happen on the weekend so I don’t confuse them too much! Teaching them “cake for breakfast” would not be the best…

46 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com February 7, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Lovely surprising turn of events — nice and drool-worthy recipe, Marla :)

47 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen February 8, 2012 at 12:51 am

Well what a happy accident! I’ll take chocolate for breakfast any day. ;-)

48 Grubarazzi (@Grubarazzi) February 8, 2012 at 6:34 am

Sometimes, I find a new blog that completely inspires and excites me. Today, that blog is yours! What a gorgeous dish. I can’t wait to read more.

49 Marla February 8, 2012 at 8:49 am

You just made my day…really!! Thanks for such a sweet and uplifting comment!

50 HeatherChristo February 8, 2012 at 6:47 am

Isn’t it funny how some of the best recipes come from accidents? YUMMM!!! And this is just spectacular photography Marla.

51 Marla February 8, 2012 at 8:48 am

Heather, happy + successful blunders are a great thing. I love learning from my mistakes!

52 Maria February 8, 2012 at 6:52 am

Gorgeous! What a fabulous way to wake up!

53 Nancy @Real Food Allergy Free February 8, 2012 at 8:16 am

So you don’t bake it? Interesting…

54 Marla February 8, 2012 at 8:48 am

Nancy, that is right. No bake…I need to add that to the recipe tags + category search. Thanks!

55 Antonia @ healthinspirations February 8, 2012 at 9:52 am

This is the next recipe I will have to try. It looks amazing. I have to say, your photography is incredible. I often come to your site for inspiration!

56 susan February 8, 2012 at 11:33 am

Marla, I am going to have to try this…today! Looks like just what the doctor ordered!

57 Marla February 8, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Sounds like a great plan Susan! Also fitting with all the gluten free recipes you have bee doing :)

58 Jennifer (Delicieux) February 8, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Just gorgeous!!! I love how loaded with berries it is. I’ve never used coconut flour before, but I’m really keen to try it now.

59 aida mollenkamp February 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm

This sounds amazing for a chocolate-coconut lover like myself. Thanks for sharing, Marla!

60 Darla | Bakingdom February 8, 2012 at 6:04 pm

This is gorgeous! And it sounds fantastic. I love all of the beautiful berries and pomegranate seeds!

61 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 8, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Hey, I was just wondering: have you ever heard of waffle cookies? I’ve been trying to figure out what on earth they are.

62 Marla February 8, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Hi Kat, I have heard of waffle cookies! They are so pretty ~ they are an Italian cookie called Pizzelle. I have not made any yet but would love to! You need a pizzelle iron of which I do not have. Yet ;)

63 Tickled Red February 8, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Oh my goodness. Breakfast, lunch, dessert…I’ll have some any ole’ time of day. This cake looks fantastic and I adore that it is so healthy. xoxo

64 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] February 8, 2012 at 8:16 pm

The colors of the berries are breathtaking!

I wish carob chips worked well with my stomach, but sadly they don’t. Would I be able to try this with regular non-vegan chocolate? Thanks Marla!

65 Marla February 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Allison, of course try with any chocolate you wish. The only rules are to choose your favorite chocolate + have fun!

66 Sanjeeta kk February 8, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Oh..this looks like a healthy way to enjoy a guilt free chocolaty breakfast!

67 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. February 9, 2012 at 8:54 am

so pretty!!

68 Deliciously Organic February 9, 2012 at 9:05 am

Looks divine!!! I’m going to give this one a try!

69 Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray February 9, 2012 at 11:12 am

This looks SO delicious!

70 Andreja February 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm

What a great idea
Andreja

71 Julia February 10, 2012 at 5:49 am

Chocolate cake for breakfast, I’m IN!

72 Nancy/SpicieFoodie February 10, 2012 at 7:18 am

I am in chocolate heaven! There is no better way of starting my day than with some chocolate:) Thanks for sharing and I can’t wait to try it.

73 Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic February 10, 2012 at 8:40 am

I definitely would eat chocolate cake for breakfast, kitchen mistake or not ;) Isn’t it great when a mistake turns into something wonderful? Lovely photos!

74 Jeanette February 10, 2012 at 8:49 am

I’ve found coconut flour very tricky to work with. Glad to see you were able to turn a mistake into something so brilliant and delicious!

75 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking February 10, 2012 at 10:47 am

Marla, this breakfast cake is SO beautiful. How do you dig into all this stunning food after photographing it? I’d want to just put it in a museum case or something, just to be ogled at. Your family is so lucky to enjoy these delicious treats and have such a talented wife & mother behind them all. Thanks for sharing!

76 Marla February 11, 2012 at 7:15 am

Georgia, sometimes there is a moment of hesitation before we dig in. That generally lasts just seconds though!

77 Liz February 10, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I made this tonight and unfortunately my results were not as good as yours. The texture was odd – not a cake or a pudding – and grainy. The flavor was good but the appearance and texture were off-putting. I hope everyone else has better results!

78 Marla February 10, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear that Liz….we made it multiple times in a row with the same great results each time….

79 Marla February 26, 2012 at 8:00 am

Liz, I just changed the measurements of this recipe to weight only for best results. Glad the flavor worked out for you ~ yes, the texture is tricky to explain. Gotta also top it with whipped cream & berries for a visually appealing breakfast or dessert.

80 Karriann February 11, 2012 at 9:39 am

Just perfect for Valentine’s! The photos are amazing by the way. ;)

“Happy Cooking”

81 Lauren at Keep It Sweet February 12, 2012 at 4:42 am

I don’t think I could ever say no to cake for breakfast:-)

82 Dana Jackson February 12, 2012 at 7:19 am

Marla, this is amazing! The featured photo jumped off the tastespotting.com page, I clicked through and beamed a giant smile when it brought me to your page. You creative foodie genius, you! Great work – amazing post.
Dane

83 Marla February 12, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Dana, thanks so much for your great energy & sweetness! Glad TasteSpotting.com got you over here today :)

84 Esi February 12, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Lovely treat for Valentine’s day

85 David Head February 13, 2012 at 7:18 am

This looks amazing, we will have a look at making this and maybe put it on as a special on our cake platter menu
Kind Regards
David Head

86 Marla February 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm

That is awesome David. I sure hope you guys do!

87 Sarah February 14, 2012 at 8:49 am

This looks indulgent and delish! I am going to try to replace some of the flour with protein powder and see how it turns out! Thank you so very much for this yummy sounding recipe!

88 Amy February 15, 2012 at 5:44 am

This is gorgeous! And it’s making me drool.

89 Sandra February 20, 2012 at 9:20 am

Oh, Jesus! Berries, berries everywhere. So stilish! I love this arcticle. Definitely a stumbling upon this!

90 Jeff February 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Just tried making this for our daughter’s birthday. I wish I would have read the comments to see just how many people have been able to reproduce this but we turned out something that doesn’t look appealing at all.

It doesn’t set at all. It’s almost like this thing needs to be baked or something instead.

Very disappointed that there are so many comments on this blog post but I can only count one or two actual attempts at making it.

I guess this is why we bought ice cream too. :-P

Jeff

91 Marla February 26, 2012 at 8:06 am

Hi Jeff, so sorry to hear about your results with this recipe. After another re-test I decided to use weight only measurements and I also re-described the texture. It is a thick enough pudding to be flipped from the pan, it sets enough for that over here. We just enjoyed this pudding-cake for breakfast….with smiles :) Good thing you had that ice cream handy & I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday! If you ever try this again you gotta use some whipped cream & berries for a pretty presentation. Thanks for your insightful comment.

92 angie February 26, 2012 at 8:36 am

looks like I need to update my ingredient pantry :) yummy!

93 Bente March 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Hi, looks yummy. But why the Baking Powder if this cake doesn’t have to be baked??

94 Marla March 13, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Helps give it a little fluff + air. Try it without and see what happens. Might still work.

95 Nicolette April 30, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Yum!

96 Ben April 30, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Love this recipe…and since we are on the anti-candida diet i think we can make it with just 1 or 2 substitutions. thanks

97 Liz May 24, 2012 at 7:14 am

Good morning! I have two girls that I work out with every morning and one of their birthdays was today. I decided to surprise them and give them the morning off from working out and have breakfast instead. I was not willing, however, to go eat someplace that would make me feel horrendous afterwards and when I found this recipe I knew I must try it. I made it last night (because I really didn’t feel like waking up at 3am this morning to make it) and I let it sit in the fridge overnight. IT. WAS. AWESOME!!! Neither of the two other girls are very “adventurous” in the kitchen so I was a little nervous what they would think, but this was sinfully good and a BIG hit with all three of us!! Thank you for your creativity and for sharing with the rest of us!!

98 Marla May 24, 2012 at 11:42 am

Liz, such a wonderful surprise to receive your comment today!! I am so happy this recipe worked out so well for you and your friends. Wonderful to think my Chocolate Bread Pudding Cake was part of a FUN + healthy birthday celebration :) Have a great day!

99 Diane | An Extraordinary Day May 25, 2012 at 10:01 pm

This looks absolutely delicious!! I look forward to trying the recipe. But, I am a little daunted by the measurement of ingredients in grams.

100 Marla May 26, 2012 at 8:32 am

Hi Diane, my suggestion would be to get a kitchen scale. You will be amazed at how much you will use it. You can pick up an inexpensive one & it will last a good long time :)

101 Julie and Brit @ twosaucysisters.wordpress.com July 27, 2012 at 8:07 am

These look amazing! Chocolate for breakfast is our favourite, and our family would totally eat this up! Thanks for the great recipe! :)

102 Lisa July 27, 2012 at 4:02 pm

It looks amazing! But, since I rarely bake or cook, I know I wouldn’t buy or use a scale. Is there any way you would consider giving me the original measurements in cups, tablespoons, etc? I won’t hold a grudge if it doesn’t turn out. I’d be happy to take my chances.

103 Hayley @ Oat Couture July 28, 2012 at 8:07 am

Wow! This looks insanely good! Breakfast time must be so much more fun at your house!! I think I need to step up my game! ;D

104 Kelly Senyei (Just a Taste) September 12, 2012 at 10:31 am

Holy cow, Marla! THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE! I love the bright pop of color from the raspberries and can almost taste the amazingness through my screen. YUM!

105 Lorie October 28, 2012 at 7:04 am

Your photography and styling is amazing. And your recipes aren’t bad, either! (LOL–they are actually awesome!)

106 Claire October 28, 2012 at 3:26 pm

This recipe looks so good and full of healthy ingredients! About the unsweetened baking chocolates, did you use them as toppings of the cake? Would they be too bitter if you don’t melt them and mix with stevia or other sweeteners? Thanks.

107 maedee January 17, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Looks yammyyy.
I can’t do coconut, I’m allergic to it. What would be a substitute for it?

108 Tina Peterson August 19, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Leave the coconut out….

109 Monica April 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Upon discovering this beautiful chocolate breakfast I couldn’t wait to dive right in and give it a try. I waited for a special time where I could share it with my girlfriends, so I made it this morning before work-out then served it at Book Club. I didn’t measure in grams, but calculated into oz. I let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour and 1/2. It was still mush. Very unappealing. I did expect a grainy texture so that wasn’t a surprise. Do you have any suggestions in making it firm up? Maybe chill longer? I don’t want to give up on this recipe as it certainly had a nice flavor, just would’ve prefered a dense cake texture. Thanks!

110 Tina Peterson August 19, 2013 at 6:36 pm

How do we convert 123 grams to cups/teaspoons or tablespoons???? This recipe is unusable for me and I think my kids would love it!

Help?

Tina

111 Marla August 20, 2013 at 7:34 am

Hi Tina…try Googling the conversions. That’s what I usually do. Also…a kitchen scale is really helpful if you can get your hands on one :)

112 Eline January 5, 2014 at 6:30 am

Wait, you don’t have to put in the oven? Just an our in the fridge?
I want to make this today but i don’t want to mess it up.
I think your website is so inspiring and this is the first time I make a recipe of it!
I will wait your answer! :)

113 Marla January 5, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I have not tried not baking this :)