Something very happy has happened around here. I have discovered the magical flavors of roasted strawberries. Have you ever done this? You need to drop everything to roast up a batch right now. Right after you read this post. Maybe in order to do this you must dash to the market to get a big batch of strawberries. That’s OK, i’ll be waiting for you when you get back. On your shopping list add a juicy orange, a jar of unrefined coconut oil and some thick Greek yogurt.
Ready. Set. Let’s roast!
There are the berries before the heat. They are simply coated in two tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice and a tablespoon of my favorite coconut oil I use all the time.
The dazzling red color of these roasted berries says it all. Like stained glass I tell ya. Ahhhh, the beauty…
The coconut oil and citrus add even more flavor to an all ready perfect treat.
We have lots of fresh strawberries all year round here in California. This dessert/snack will be perfect for spring and summer picnics and parties too.
Strawberries get superbly sweet when heat is applied. They taste kind of like a liquid fruit roll up. Actually if you baked these for waaaayy longer you would end up with fruit leather/roll ups.
For my vegan friends use a vegan soy or coconut yogurt. I would never want to leave you out of all this fun!
Have you ever roasted strawberries? Have I now convinced you that this is a mandatory thing to do?
- 1 pound fresh Strawberries, remove tops and cut berries in half
- 1 tablespoon Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 Orange) freshly squeezed Orange Juice, at room temperature
- pinch of fine Sea Salt
- zest from one Orange
- unsweetened shredded Coconut
- Thick Greek Yogurt
- Whipped Cream
- Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Mix orange juice with coconut oil and salt. Toss with strawberries. Lay strawberries on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 30 minutes. Berries should be syrupy and very soft, almost jam like.
- Serve with thick Greek yogurt or enjoy by the spoonful! Top parfaits with orange zest and some shredded coconut.
- Strawberries get really sweet when you roast them. If needed you can sprinkle some stevia, or add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to them when they are done baking.
Strawberry Recipes on Family Fresh Cooking (see even more on my Recipes Page)
- Chocolate Dipped Fruit on a Stick
- Strawberry Applesauce
- Strawberry Mozzarella Stuffed French Toast
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies – Gluten Free
- Sunny Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
- Sweet Strawberry Snack Cakes – Gluten Free
Roasted Strawberry Recipe Links
- Balsamic Roasted Strawberries Joylicious
- Pound Cake French Toast with Goat Cheese Mousse and Roasted Strawberries Mississippi Kitchen
- Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Shakes Spoon Fork Bacon
- Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt Two Peas and Their Pod
- Roasted Strawberry, Vanilla and White Chocolate Cheesecake Delicieux