Earlier this week we talked about how roasted strawberries are the best thing ever. A lot of you guys dashed into the kitchen to make them as soon as you read my recipe for Citrus Roasted Strawberry Parfaits. You learned that by roasting strawberries they become even sweeter and the depth of flavor is amazing.
Now that we know how good this is, let’s make cookies! As always I’ll urge you to try these for breakfast. They are all natural, great for you ~ sugar free, grain free, gluten free. Best kinda breakfast, snack or dessert ever!!
Speaking of breakfast my favorite meal of the day, I have a guest post on Rosa’s Yummy Yums blog that you need to check out with new photos and my favorite breakfasts!
These cookies are so simple to bake. Start with some juicy fresh strawberries…like these:
Roast the heck out of those strawberries in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. You can stop right there and make parfaits, lick this fruity bliss off a spoon. Or make cookies…
Be sure to fill those cookies with lots of freshly whipped cream. You can do regular whipped cream or go for a vegan version made with coconut milk. If you are on the Paleo Diet you would want to that.
The roasted strawberries can be anything you want them to be. In these sandwich cookies they become jam!
This recipe is like a little taste of spring bursting in your mouth…
It is OK if you don’t add the creamy jam filling, but really how could you resist?!
What is your favorite sandwich cookie? Have you ever had strawberry cookies?
- 1 1/2 cups (200 grams) blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 cups (105 grams) Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup (255 grams) Roasted Strawberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened light Coconut Milk
- 2 1/2 droppers full of Vanilla Stevia Drops adjust to taste
- Roasted Strawberries
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. In a bowl mix together dry ingredients. In another bowl mix together wet ingredients. Combine all ingredients well with a spoon. Press dough together with your hands and transfer to a work surface. Knead a few minutes into a well combined dough ball. Roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into pretty shapes. Bake about 17-18 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.
- Pipe small amounts of whipped cream onto a cookie. Fill the center with a spoonful of roasted strawberries. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich.
- Make a Big Batch of Roasted Strawberries so you can enjoy them with yogurt parfaits, stir into oatmeal and make cookies.
- My original recipe has citrus in it, you can omit that or keep it if you wish. Won't change a thing at all about this recipe.
Cookie Sandwich Recipe Links
- Banilla Sandwich Cookies Bakers Royale
- Malted Milk Sandwich Cookies Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Cream Filling Divine Baking
- Strawberry Filled Lemon Sandwich Cookies Evil Shenanigans
- Strawberry Whoopie Pies Family Fresh Cooking
- Sunflower Seed Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies Family Fresh Cooking