Can I tell you a little secret? It was virtually dark outside when I took these photos. I was determined to satisfy a BIG chocolate craving and shoot some quick photos for this post. Both needs were met. Thankfully the pictures look sunny, bright and happy with the last glimmer of natural light. No artificial help at all.
We love our chocolate. Whether it is in cookies, cakes, parfaits, crepes, smoothies or shakes. We love it in bar form too. Hot cocoa is grand. Any which way, we fit it into our day. This shake will razzle dazzle you with a creamy blend of coconut milk, almond milk, Medjool dates and of course lots and lots of chocolate.
Let’s shake things up!
Take a look at these awesome pure chocolate sprinkles…These are not fakers.
They are the real deal, 100% chocolate and not waxy like the typical ones you find at the market. I learned about these when I took baking classes at my favorite OC bakery: Blackmarket Bakery.
The dates offer up sweet chewy bursts.
As do the little sprinkles and the spattering of slivered toasted almonds. Use any nuts and toppings you wish. My Skinny Chocolate Sauce would be yummy in this too. So would shaved chocolate curls. My biggest advice: don’t be shy with your chocolate. If you are Paleo and watching your sugars and carbs simply omit the sprinkles. If you are vegan you will want to find dairy free sprinkles.
Your taste buds will still be tickled by your awesome milk shake no matter what.
Embrace it and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite shake recipe? What ingredients do you like to put in your shakes?
- 2 ounces unsweetened light Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 8 ounces unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 3 dried Medjool Dates, chopped
- 1 dropper full of Vanilla Stevia Drops adjust to taste
- 6 ounces Ice
- Family Fresh Cooking Skinny Chocolate Sauce
- pure Chocolate Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream (dairy or vegan)
- slivered Toasted Almonds, or any nuts you like
- ground Flaxseed
- Purée all ingredients in a blender. Top with any toppings you desire.
- If you are 100% vegan you will need to find a dairy free version of these chocolate sprinkles, the ones I mention are not.
- If you are Paleo and watching your sugars and carbs simply omit the sprinkles. The flavor in this shake will still be amazing!
Shake Recipe Links
- Apple Frapple Milk Shake 4th Sense Cooking
- Creamy Banana Blueberry Milkshakes Family Fresh Cooking
- Creamy Roasted Carrot Coconut Shake Family Fresh Cooking
- Peanut Butter Banana Milk Shake The Slow Roasted Italian
- Rose Milk Shake eCurry
- Sugar Free Vegan Milkshake with Goji Berries and Bananas Wishful Chef