Easy Herbed Sugar Snap Peas. 5 very simple words that are easy to say and even easier to eat! Recently McCormick spices reached out to me to share a recipe from their website. There are many great ones to choose from. I chose these spring peas in celebration of the imminent arrival of warmer weather, the beautiful color green, the celebration of vegetables and real food.
Butter, herbs and sugar snap peas. Simplicity and pure joy!
Sugar Snap peas are a favorite vegetable over here. They have a delicate flavor that adapts well to all kinds of sauces, seasonings and spices. They are also delicious out of hand. No cooking necessary at all!
In honor of spring, McCormick is looking to inspire their fans with delicious recipes to enjoy all year long…featured on their new Pinterest page!
Take a peek at my McCormick Pin-spiration board. Lots of fun recipes to cook and bake up for the spring at any time at all.
McCormick would love if you joined in on this fun Spring Pin-spiration event! Pinners will be entered to win one of 25 spring baking kits, and 10 winners will also have their original photos posted on the McCormick.com Look Book!
How it Works
- Follow McCormick on Pinterest (Pinterest.com/McCormickSpices)
- Create your own “McCormick Pin-spiration” board
- Select five spring recipes from McCormick.com to pin on your board
- Snap a photo of your own re-creation of one of the recipes
- Don’t forget! Tag all of the pins on the board with the tag @McCormick Pin-spiration and include ename of the McCormick product used in the personal recipe photo
- Email your completed board to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pinners will be entered to win one of 25 spring baking kits, and 10 winners will also have their original photos posted on the McCormick.com Look Book! Stay tuned for another FUN McCormick sponsored giveaway I will be posting soon.
Back to spring peas….add some butter, herbs and spices of your choice. This easy side dish comes together in minutes. What is not to love about crisp sugar snap peas and butter? Serve then with your favorite protein for lunch, dinners and Easter brunch.
You can also top with sprinkles of grated parmesan and coarse sea salt. Have flavor & healthful fun with a sweet green snap.
Easy. Herbed. Peas. It’s that simple!
*recipe from McCormick.com
- 1/2 pound Sugar Snap Peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® California Style Onion Powder
- Place sugar snap peas in medium saucepan. Add water and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar snap peas are tender-crisp. Drain.
- Melt butter in same saucepan. Add basil and onion powder; mix well. Add sugar snap peas; toss to coat well. Serve immediately.
Snap Peas Recipe Links
- Extremely Green Peas Five and Spice
- Lemon Sugar Snap Peas A Sweet Pea Chef
- Pot Sticker Salad with Sugar Snap Peas Peanut Butter and Jargon
- Roasted Sugar Snap Peas Clean Green Simple
- Snap Peas with Coconut Peanut Sauce Cara’s Cravings
- Sugar Snap Peas with Soy Sauce, Sesame Seeds and Sriracha Kalyn’s Kitchen