Project LunchBox: 30 Days of Healthy Meals

by Marla on March 28, 2012 · 68 comments

#projectlunchbox | FamilyFreshCooking.com: 30 Days of Healthy Meals | FREE Downloadable PDF  Pack homemade lunchbox meals for 30 days! Are you up for the challenge?

I have been loving your enthusiasm for Project Lunch Box. Together we have been helping each other pack healthy homemade meals. You guys have been saving money, eating less fast food, staying in shape and losing weight. A BIG congrats to you!! In order to keep up the momentum I will be launching a brand new 30 day lunch box challenge on Monday, April 3rd. Most of the conversation and Project Lunch Box related giveaways will take place on my Facebook page so be sure to become a fan of Family Fresh Cooking over there.

I believe that everyone should have access to great real food no matter what. Packing lunch at home helps to ensure portion control, money saving and excellent food choices.

Whether you are packing meals for your kids, yourself, your partner…..new ideas are always helpful.

On Facebook, via Email and Pinterest you guys have been begging me for 30 days of lunch box mealsIn this post I have a handy freebie PDF for you with lots of recipe ideas for you.

In the PDF I share recipe lists with main course, side dish and snack/mini meal ideas with you. The recipes are from my blog. They are organized in one handy place…as you asked.

You simply scan the list, see what you like and click the link to the recipes which are live here on Family Fresh Cooking.

I also made an ingredient key so you can quickly see which recipes are suitable for different dietary needs. Also note that my recipes are easily adaptable for your personal preferences. You can simply swap out the ingredients if needed. Details in the specific recipe blog posts can help you sort that stuff out.

The lunch ideas I feature are suitable for people of all ages, whether you are packing lunch for work, the park, school or travel. If something doesn’t work for you, then simple click on a different day. These meals are meant to be cooked in a Big Batch so you have plenty for a few lunch box meals and dinner as well.

Ready for your PDF? Great! Click the image or this link to grab it.

Family Fresh Cooking Project LunchBox Links

1 Rosa March 28, 2012 at 6:23 am

A great project! Nice work.

Rosa xx

2 Lori @ RecipeGirl March 28, 2012 at 6:59 am

Nice work Marla!

3 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit March 28, 2012 at 7:08 am

Very, very awesome. You can never have enough lunch ideas! I just love this project, Marla!

4 Marla March 28, 2012 at 9:32 am

Leanne, isn’t that the truth ~ you can never have enough ideas to fill those lunch boxes! Glad you likey :)

5 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking March 28, 2012 at 7:15 am

This is amazing, Marla! You are so inventive and smart to come up with a challenge like this. Thanks for sharing your free PDF with lunch ideas – I’m going to check it out now!

6 Averie @ Averie Cooks March 28, 2012 at 7:34 am

Awesome work on this project…in all your spare time pulling this one off..nice work :)

7 Marla March 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

Averie, “spare time??!!” Yup, that’s right sistah ~ you know about that huh! XO

8 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 28, 2012 at 8:36 am

This is so cool Marla! Looks beautiful too.

9 Sanjeeta kk March 28, 2012 at 8:52 am

Wow..what lively pictures, Marla! The bright sunshine and the vibrant colors..just awesome..

10 Lisa March 28, 2012 at 11:26 am

I’m excited to take a look at this. Since I am allergic to onions & garlic I eat real food from home or I don’t eat, pretty much. This is a great concept, I’ll bet it’s especially helpful for young families :)

11 Cassie March 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Great ideas, love this post. Going to flip through the PDF now!

12 Simon March 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm

These are great! it’s so good to get people eating more healthy, in fact I just uploaded some new lunch box pics to my blog, maybe we could do something together to help more people :-)

Let’s make contact! :-)

Simon Lovell
Expert to Marie Claire, Women’s Fitness, BBC, UK

13 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 28, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I love your lunch box posts! Wonderful ideas!!! It it inspires me to have a healthy wonderful lunch!!!

14 Marla March 29, 2012 at 10:14 am

Hi Jennifer! So glad you are enjoying my Project Lunch Box – we have created such a FUN community!! Glad you are a part of the team!

15 Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids March 29, 2012 at 5:30 am

I love this project, Marla! And, I am so excited about the new lunch box challenge because I needed some inspiration and creative, healthy lunch ideas to get me through the next few weeks of lunch packing before school is out for summer.

16 Marla March 29, 2012 at 10:13 am

Natalie, sounds like a lot of folks are looking for that one last boost before school let’s out for the summer. Hopefully we can all inspire each other to get packing!

17 Angie March 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Those photos are so bright and beautiful!!
Great for school, picnics , work and busy moms on the run.
Love this!

18 Marie March 30, 2012 at 4:17 am

Yay, another one of my favorite challenge. My son is enthusiastic about this challenge. Ever since the first, he’s been loving his home made lunches. Not a single day he missed. Now that the school is almost over, Natalie is right. We moms need extra inspiration to get going and keep up with our healthy lunch packing for our family. Thanks for the time to roll out another project lunch box. And thanks for the pdf file. They are sure helpful!

19 Gena March 30, 2012 at 4:27 am

Just wanted to say what a wonderful project this is, Marla! Hooray for healthy cooking for kids. Hope you’ve been well — ages since the Dole summit, but I always enjoy checking in on your blog :)

20 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com March 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Great project Marla! I’ve always enjoyed your lunch box ideas — also, it brings back great childhood memories :)

21 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] April 2, 2012 at 6:53 am

I love your lunch box project series! I don’t have children to pack lunches for and these are great ideas even for myself.

22 Marla April 2, 2012 at 6:58 am

Thanks Allison! I agree, health lunch boxes for all. Not just for the kiddos!

23 Maria April 2, 2012 at 7:09 am

I can’t wait until I can pack lunches for Caleb:)

24 Lucy April 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

Thanks for sharing – I struggle with lunch boxes and dread them – but also love knowing that I am sending them off into the big wide world with a little piece of home to satisfy their tummies.

25 susan April 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I am so with you on the healthy lunch box meals. And doing them the night before is key to my sanity! Great post, Marla!

26 Kristina Vanni April 10, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I love your ‘Project Lunch Box’ series! What a great way to incorporate healthy eating into a child’s life from the start! This looks great-I may have to pack one up for myself!

27 Julie April 11, 2012 at 8:12 am

My class is going to read and post comments on this topic today. Wish us luck!

28 Marla April 11, 2012 at 8:16 am

Julie, that is fabulous!! Send them on over + I can’t wait to hear the response :) Have a wonderful day!

29 Tanner April 11, 2012 at 10:03 am

I like eating healthy food, its just easier to reach the fast food. I would try these meals instead of our school meals and for dinner instead of eating out with friends all the time.
— Julie’s student

30 Marla April 11, 2012 at 10:12 am

Awesome Tanner :) So glad you stopped by. Best of luck making those healthy lunch boxes.

31 Destiny April 11, 2012 at 10:12 am

They sound delicious! I’ll show this to my mom later tonight. Hopefully find something we can agree on for dinner.

32 iliana April 11, 2012 at 10:15 am

Here with juile and looking at this website going to use this website for a big project that she’s left us . (:

33 Randy April 11, 2012 at 10:17 am

Great way to get kids started on eating healthy!

34 Kelsey April 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

It sounds very good!

35 beatriz April 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

in food 3 class looking at all the delicious food that is on this website:). This website going to help me on my heritage homework or just give me ideas on what to do.

36 Alma April 11, 2012 at 10:20 am

These are some amazing recipes , really wish i could cook. I’ll show them to my mother so she can end up making something different. (;

37 Tonacxy April 11, 2012 at 10:22 am

I think it sounds very interesting and it is something i would use everyday :))
-Julies student ;)

38 Mrs. Wood April 11, 2012 at 10:50 am

Glad all my students see the usefulness of this site. Remember “family fresh cooking” is only a small portion of the pinterest web site. You can post/look up information on a whole host of other topics. There are also several other food related sites within pinterest.

Whatever you did not complete in class needs to be done on your own and turned in Friday. Your heritage project is due on Friday. btw….you can go back to calling me Mrs Wood :)

39 Kim | At Home With Kim April 12, 2012 at 7:56 am

Marla, I love this! I’ve always tried to make wise choices. But have just committed with my family to eat clean. And one way to ensure that is not eating school cafeteria food. :-) I LOVE all of your ideas and recipes and look forward to applying them. Your site is a wonderful resource and will be super helpful to us in this transition.

40 Lindsay F. May 1, 2012 at 10:11 am

That pdf has a lot of great “outside of the box” types of ideas. I am just wondering about something – keeping the food cold seems easy enough. But what about warm food – I saw some potato / pasta options. Do your kids like cold mashed potatoes? Or do you have a method for keeping food safely warm? I’ve tried wrapping things (like taquitos) in foil then a napkin around the outside. But that doesn’t really do the trick. So I’ve felt limited to cold or room temp foods in my kids’ lunch boxes. Thanks in advance for your help! I look forward to packing some (ok, a lot!) of these for my kids – and for myself! :)

41 Narasimham @ Healthy Eating August 1, 2012 at 9:09 pm

These lunch boxes look delicious! Thanks for the ideas Marla :)

42 Katie August 9, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I cant open the 30 day lunchbox challenge PDF…is anyone else having this issue? i love the idea because I can never figure out different healthy options for lunch!

Thanks!

43 Sheri August 28, 2012 at 11:52 am

I think the link is broken to get the Project Lunch Box ideas. Let me know when it’s working again.

44 Courtney {a thoughtful place} September 3, 2012 at 8:08 am

WOW. Just discovered your blog and am in love. Is it okay if I share you project lunch box ideas on my blog tomorrow for back to school. Our area in Southern California is just gearing up to go back on Wednesday. Of course,with full credit and links to direct people here. I am so inspired. Thank you!

45 unikorna October 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

What an amazing explosion of color, I feel like eating the photos let alone the snacks :). Congrats, you are an amazing blogger.

46 Marla October 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Thank you so much!!! That is really so kind :)

47 sam February 16, 2013 at 3:25 pm

The orzo recipe is not gluten free (orzo is not a gluten-free food).

48 Toni February 24, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Marla, I tried to open the PDF for Project Lunch Box ideas but it comes up with a messege saying the link is broken and unrepairable.
I am really interested in using this could you please look into it?
Toni

49 Julian Lee May 2, 2013 at 4:49 am

That’s a very creative lunch box you have there.
It make me inspire.

Thanks for sharing it to us.

50 JD May 29, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I’m so thankful I stumbled upon this on Pinterest! I love your blog and am planning to start this with my friends this week. Thanks for the tips!

51 Nannies October 15, 2013 at 1:51 am

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest
authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same topics you discuss and
would really like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

52 Julieta June 1, 2014 at 7:09 am

Thanks for shnaring your thoughts about Project Lunch Box.
Regards

53 krystel October 11, 2014 at 6:36 pm

what a great healthy lunch