The nice thing about making milkshakes is the great amount of fun you can have experimenting with different flavor combinations. We whipped up two shakes in a row. The first had just papaya and strawberries. For the second one I threw in half an avocado for kicks. Both shakes were super tasty. Do you ever use avocado in sweets? It adds nice texture & flavor and is also a healthy fat to help satisfy. I have a recipe for Vegan Avocado Scones you can give a whirl too.
Let’s make some shakes!
I have to tell you that I don’t usually go for papaya. I needed one for the cookbook I am shooting & I only needed a small amount for that. As we all know papayas are large in size.
Did you know the seeds are edible? My daughter was the first to try. They are spicy, taste a bit like peppercorns and do not taste at all like the fruit itself. Many people eat papaya seeds and the extracts for health benefits. The jury is out on the actual benefits or lack thereof for the seeds.
In our house we will stick with the fruit…
Strawberries contrast with some acid and zesty flavor to the sweet papaya. A cool contrast if you ask me. A blend of coconut milk and almond milk are the creamy base. You can use both or one in any ratio you desire. When it comes to smoothies and shakes I try not to get all caught up in measurements.
Simple adjust sweetness to taste. This will vary depending upon your taste preferences and how ripe your fruit is…
What are your favorite ingredients for shakes & smoothies?
- 4 ounces Papaya
- 2 ounces Strawberries
- 2 ounces (1/2 of an) Avocado
- splash of Lemon Juice or Lime Juice
- 4 ounces unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened Light Coconut Milk
- 8 ounces Ice
- Vanilla Stevia Drops or your favorite Natural Sweetener to taste (Honey, Agave, Maple syrup good too)
- toasted Coconut Flake
- toasted Almonds
- chopped Macadamia Nuts
- homemade Whipped Cream
- sliced Strawberries and Papaya
- Blend all ingredients together. Top with sliced strawberries, papaya and mint.
- I used a melon baller to get the papaya ball garnish.
- If you don't want to experiment with the avocado then simply omit, though I bet you will love it!
Shake Recipe Links
- 1 Minute Blueberry Citrus Milkshake Family Fresh Cooking
- Banana Pudding Milkshake Eclectic Recipes
- Coffee Milkshake Eclectic Recipes
- Creamy Roasted Carrot Coconut Shake Family Fresh Cooking Family Fresh Cooking
- Green Supreme Shake: Kiwi Avocado, Green Tea, Coconut
- Vegan Vanilla and Strawberry Milkshake Colourful Palettte
Papaya Recipe Links
- Banana Papaya Ice Cream Flavors of Mumbai
- Cantaloupe Mango Papaya Salsa Tastespotting
- Cold Rice Salad with Papaya Pham Fatale
- Papaya Lime Sorbet Technicolor Kitchen
- Thai Pork and Papaya with Whole Wheat Cous Cous Mrs. Regueiro’s Plate
- Vietnamese Papaya Smoothie Pham Fatale