Step by Step: How to Pack a Lunchbox

by Marla on May 11, 2012 · 27 comments

Great for Back to School & Camp! Step by Step | How to Pack a Lunchbox Quick, Easy and Healthy on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Project LunchBox on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Hi guys! Thought you would like this fun step by step….how to pack a lunchbox. This is part of my Project LunchBox series. I am drawn to bright colors like a honey bee, so I went with a bright diagram here. I am hoping this will razzle dazzle you into packing those healthy homemade lunch boxes!

By the way the meal you see is packed in my favorite Easy LunchBox containers which you can find at my Amazon.com store. These are the lunch boxes you will find in the Cooking With Trader Joe’s cookbook I just photographed due out in late summer.Yay!

More Project Lunch Box Posts

1 Maria May 11, 2012 at 11:09 am

Love this! I can’t wait to pack healthy lunches for Caleb!

2 Marla May 11, 2012 at 11:50 am

Maria, you will have such a great time packing lunches for your little guy :)

3 Kristina Vanni May 11, 2012 at 11:21 am

I love it! So bright and cheery-great tips for making the best possible package!

4 Mirtha May 11, 2012 at 2:41 pm

hi, new to your blog. I love this! I take great pride in packing my son’s lunch. I’ve had nice comments from two moms that help out during lunch at his school. I always give him two fresh fruits, and try to keep it interesting. I try to use small plastic containers instead of disposable bags whenever possible, always include napkins, and use big cookie cutters on his sandwiches, according to the season. he may be the only 2nd grader who takes rotisserie chicken sammies and tuna salad though!

5 Marla May 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Hi Mirtha! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving this comment.Sounds like your son is one lucky little guy and you are a super awesome thoughtful mom. Hope you have a love’y Mother’s Day :)

6 Rosa May 11, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Lovely! Your children are lucky.

7 Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen May 11, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Only you could make a lunchbox look this gorgeous! This is a truly inspired post.

8 shelly (cookies and cups) May 11, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Love this post! I need to get a few of those lunch box containers!

9 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] May 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I love this! Perfect for kids and adults. Thanks, Marla.

10 Brooke @ Food Woolf May 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Boy, I wish my mom had read over this step by step! She could have used your guidance!

11 Jeanette May 11, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Love this step by step post. I’ve been packing lunches for years it seems, so I can appreciate what goes into making a healthy lunch for the kids each and every day.

12 susan May 11, 2012 at 8:16 pm

fun post, Marla! happy mom’s day! xx

13 Antonia @ healthinspirations May 12, 2012 at 8:28 am

I can’t wait for the cookbook. Your photos are gorgeous, so vibrant and colorful! Have a great weekend and very happy Mother’s Day!

14 Kelly Lester (EasyLunchboxes) May 12, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Genius. You are genius. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

15 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. May 12, 2012 at 3:39 pm

so pretty and cool all in one! Happy Mother’s Day!

16 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com May 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Love those colorful instructions!! So fun :) I miss packed lunches my mom made us while growing up!

17 Barbara @ Barbara Bakes May 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I would love to have you pack me a lunch. It looks so fresh and tasty!

18 chinmayie @ love food eat May 12, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Such a beautiful colorful lunch box!

19 Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids May 14, 2012 at 9:16 am

I love this post! And, I love those containers. Do you use the lunch boxes, too, or are they too bulky for children? I am already looking for next year. :)

20 Marla May 14, 2012 at 9:47 am

Natalie, I use them for myself and my kids. My husband uses them too! You guys should totally try them for next year :)

21 Jamie | My Baking Addiction May 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I love your healthy lunch tips, Marla. Now, if I could only get someone to come pack my lunches! :)

22 Lucy May 15, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Fun – Minty now packs her own lunch box every day – YAY!!!

23 Marla May 15, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Lucy, that is the BEST thing I have heard all day!!

24 Danielle Ryerson May 29, 2012 at 7:51 pm

In the first photo, where did you get the little cherry bowls? I love those!

25 Judi Willard August 21, 2012 at 7:29 am

Love your tips on how to pack a lunchbox! How about adding a Lunchbox Love note for Kids by Sayplease? Positive notes on the front say things like “I Love spending time with you” and trivia on the back say things like “did you know butterflies taste with their feet”? After all nourishing their hearts is as important as nourishing their bodies.
Judi Willard
CEO and Co-Founder of Say Please Inc.

26 Marla August 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

Agreed! I have some printable LunchBox notes coming up shortly for my readers :) Great tip! Thanks.