ColorFresh { Papaya Shake }

by Marla on May 30, 2012 · 20 comments

Color palette for design inspiration on Family Fresh Cooking blog

Welcome to a bright new + fun ColorFresh palette! I hope you had a great long weekend.

With the warmer weather here we will all be enjoying lots of shakes and smoothies. Here is a recipe I created called { Tropical Papaya, Strawberry, Avocado Shake } If you have not tried it yet, I sure hope you get to soon. You can also make a more adult version with a splash of your favorite rum…

Also see more color inspiration on my { Papaya Shake } Pinterest board and Kuler.com.

More Shake Recipes on Family Fresh Cooking

Have a great day!

1 Rosa May 30, 2012 at 6:56 am

Lovely!

2 Stephanie May 30, 2012 at 7:03 am

What a beautiful palette! So colorful!

3 Averie @ Averie Cooks May 30, 2012 at 8:58 am

gorgeous! I love this family of colors!

4 Marla May 30, 2012 at 9:15 am

Thanks Averie, they shine bright : Like you!!

5 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. May 30, 2012 at 10:41 am

so pretty girl!

6 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts May 30, 2012 at 10:43 am

Love the colors together, they are so bright and inviting!

7 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] May 30, 2012 at 10:55 am

So pretty! I would love a papaya shake right now. It’s so nice and warm in SoCal.

8 Nisha May 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Have I told you how I enjoy seeing your ColorFresh color palette posts?
I think sometimes we don’t even realize or notice the numerous and gorgeous colors in a picture when we just see the overall image. Your palette posts makes me observe the combinations and contrasts better. And how pretty they are!
When I see your color palette, I don’t think only about food photography, but also how it would look good if I dress up and accessorize in these colors, you know what I mean? It’s like, food + fashion.

9 Marla May 31, 2012 at 4:59 am

Thanks Nisha! It is wonderful to read your comment. You sum up perfectly what my plan is with my ColorFresh palettes. I want to open up doors and opportunities to see things far beyond the obvious. There are sooooo many wonderful ideas to be born from color ways. I have a blast in this whole process from making the food, styling and photographing the subject ~ to choosing which photo to “palette” and then finally picking the color values that best tell the story. LOVE tying it into my Pinterest boards to ~ those tell an even bigger color story. I am so happy that you are enjoying this colorful journey and see its fun + value :)

10 Nisha June 8, 2012 at 9:59 am

You’re welcome, Marla, and yes surely enjoying! :)
So glad you’re doing this.
Just going to check out your Pinterest board.
I don’t have one, can you send me an invite if possible? Thanks!

11 Angie May 30, 2012 at 12:15 pm

So pretty! What a great summer drink!
A splash of coconut rum would be the perfect finishing touch
You’ve done it again Marla! You make our world so colorful!!

12 Katie {EpicureanMom.com} May 30, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Love your color palettes! So so pretty marla!!

13 MikeVFMK May 30, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Love this palette! And the crazy delicious shake too, of course! Beautiful.

14 Jeanette May 31, 2012 at 6:15 am

I always enjoy your color palate posts Marla and this shake sounds fantastic. I love papaya.

15 Val @ Tips on Healthy Living May 31, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Gorgeous! I need to start adding coconut milk to smoothies. I bet it gives it a nice, rich flavor and texture.

16 Marla June 1, 2012 at 8:44 pm

It does Val. I find that the light coconut milk gives enough of a creamy kick and the flavor is perfect. For a more heavier cream you could use fuller fat coconut milk. All is YUM!!

17 Kristina Vanni May 31, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Love this palette! So beautiful – great inspiration Marla!

18 Sweetsugarbelle June 12, 2012 at 4:36 am

Marla, I am loving the colors! You have no idea how much they inspire me! Keep ‘em coming!!!

19 Marla June 12, 2012 at 6:16 am

Thanks Calleye! I LOVE sharing + working on these palettes :)