Over here we love quinoa ~ in sweet & savory dishes. For breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between! Often I bake with it too. Quinoa is a versatile grain like seed (many folks often mistake this for a grain, it is not.) It’s delicate flavor pairs well with so many things.
In my last recipe post I shared our favorite Citrus Coconut Roasted Beets.
In this layered salad I make great use those roasted beets!
Check out that bright pink beet vinaigrette…
Layered salads are so pretty and simple to make.
Serving food in jars is a sure way to get some great attention. Something about mason jars is just so cute!
I mixed half of the quinoa with my homemade beet vinaigrette and I left the other half plain. I like the way the layers look with the two colors.
You can do what you like…
What is your favorite way to prepare quinoa? What would you add to this layered salad recipe?
- 1 Citrus Coconut Roasted Beet
- 1 1/2 ounces Orange Juice, about 1 large orange
- a few squeezes Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil, Grapeseed or a nutty oil would taste great too
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa
- a few Citrus Coconut Roasted Beets, cut into bite sized pieces
- a few handfuls Baby Spinach leaves
- a few ounces of your favorite toasted Nuts, we love Pecans and Walnuts
- zest from one Orange
- a little bit of cheese, Feta, Blue Cheese crumbles or small slices of Brie are tasty
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until you have a dressing. You can make it smooth or leave a little chunky.
- Mix some of the cooked quinoa with the beet vinaigrette. Layer salad in jars with quinoa, beets, spinach, nuts and some cheese if desired. Top salad with some more dressing and orange zest.
- Adjust the ingredients in the vinaigrette to suit your taste. For more tang, add more lemon juice. Want it sweeter? Add some stevia or honey.
- Nut free? Not a problem, use sunflower seeds instead.
- Vegan? This is the perfect salad for you! Just skip the optional cheese.
Quinoa Salad Recipe Links
- BLT-A Quinoa Salad Family Fresh Cooking
- Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts and Quinoa
- Quinoa Apple Salad Heather Likes Food
- Quinoa Beet Salad with Hazelnuts What Would Kathy Eat
- Quinoa Fruit Salad A Full Measure of Happiness
- Quinoa and Radish Salad Just 5 More Minutes
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Closet Cooking
This post is proudly featured on TidyMom.net.