Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans

by Marla on June 26, 2012 · 36 comments

Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog

4 simple words. Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans. Something so simple is ridiculously addictive.

Thank goodness the ingredients are energizing whole foods because sometimes one handful is not enough.

Lets go nuts for nuts!

Switzerland | © MarlaMeridith.com IMG 6441

By the way good morning from Switzerland! There are bells ringing and cows mooing as I write this post. I can’t wait to go out and explore on foot with my camera!

I have not slept the past 48 hours and I am happy that is is finally daylight.

Switzerland | © MarlaMeridith.com IMG 6447

This is the view from my glorious room at the Nira Alpina in Silvaplana ~ right next to St. Moritz.

There will be way more on this hotel soon!

Switzerland | © MarlaMeridith.com IMG 6463

Back to pecans…

You could use any nuts you like. There is something about the buttery taste of pecans though. A bit sinful but really quite good for you. I wish I had these on me for mountain hikes today!

When I was in New Orleans last June there were loads of pecan treats, the only problem was they were way too sweet for my taste. Have you ever walked into a praline shop? Oh my ~ the delightful sweet scent will knock you off your feet. It is that amazing!

Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 6351

With my maple roasted pecans you can get the thrill of a sweet praline with a lot less glycemic load. Enjoy these maple sweetened nibbles for a snack. Crunch some up on top of your morning bowl of cereal or oatmeal. They are awesome in yogurt parfaits too.

For a bit more decadence dress up your ice cream, gelato or frozen yogurt. I dare you to top a pecan pie or a fruit pie with these. OMG so good!

Are you looking for a fun snack to serve at get togethers and holiday parties? Look no further. Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans are your answer. Serve them on July 4th or at Christmas. You will be a shining star if you put them in pretty little mason jars as gifts.

Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog

Do you have any special little recipes that you make with nuts? Are you nuts for nuts like me?

Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 8 ounces (8 servings)

Serving Size: 1 ounce

Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans

• Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Place nuts in a single layer on a parchment or Silpat lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until fragrant about 10 minutes. Flip once during with a pair of tongs. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F.
  • In a medium sauce pan bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil over medium high heat. Turn off the heat. Toss roasted pecans in the mixture with a heat proof spatula.
  • Evenly spread the pecans back onto the lined cookie tray. Be sure they are in a single layer. Bake nuts for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let the nuts cool before serving.
  • Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator.
  • Notes
  • Simply double or triple this recipe according to your needs.

Nuts for Nuts Recipe Links

1 Rosa June 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Gorgeous nuts and amazing views! Glad to know that you have arrived safely in my country.

Enjoy your stay!

2 Marla June 27, 2012 at 6:43 am

Rosa, it is more stunning here than I ever could have imagined. Your photos really convinced me how much I wanted to visit here. The Swiss people are amazing too! Loads of fun ~ so much planned for the week ahead!

3 Averie @ Averie Cooks June 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Nice nuts, lady :)

But holy moly, the Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Music – GORGEOUS!!! Omg

You made it!! I have been thinking of you *nonstop* the past 2 days hoping that all was well. Shocked (pleasantly) to see a post from you. Now go, soak it up and take a couple pictures :)

4 Marla June 27, 2012 at 6:45 am

Averie, can you believe it??!! I keep pinching myself that I am actually here. Before the sun was up I heard the ringing of the cow bells. It is just so glorious ~ beyond my wildest dreams! I have been out all day on adventures taking loads of photos. I can’t wait to share all these experiences with you guys!

5 Kathryn June 27, 2012 at 2:08 am

Gorgeous pictures both of these delicious treats and of Switzerland!

6 Marla June 27, 2012 at 6:45 am

Thanks Kathryn :)

7 Antonia @ healthinspirations June 27, 2012 at 2:42 am

I hope you have a fun trip, Marla. Switzerland is such a beautiful country, I’m sure you will enjoy it!

8 Marla June 27, 2012 at 6:45 am

It really is beautiful Antonia! Have you ever visited here?

9 Katrina June 27, 2012 at 3:36 am

These look fantastic! I’m so happy you finally made it to Switzerland – you’ve mentioned wanting to go a few times on this blog, so it’s nice to see you enjoying yourself! Can’t wait to hear updates! Living there was amazing, I miss it!

10 Marla June 27, 2012 at 6:46 am

Katrina, which part of Switzerland did you live in? I bet you miss it :(

11 Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free June 27, 2012 at 4:40 am

ohmygoodness! Switzerland! Have fun!

12 Rachel Cooks June 27, 2012 at 5:23 am

These do look like the perfect little snack! I love pecans so much it isn’t even funny.

13 Jen @ Savory Simple June 27, 2012 at 6:13 am

These look delicious! I love the old fashioned popcorn box!

14 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit June 27, 2012 at 7:36 am

Wow, I didn’t know you were going away! I guess I missed that post. Looks absolutely stunning. Can’t wait to hear more about the hotel.

15 Marla June 27, 2012 at 9:44 am

Hi Leanne, yes ~ I planned this a few months back. It is wonderful to finally be here :) Taking gobs of photos!

16 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts June 27, 2012 at 10:02 am

Oh yum, these sounds amazing! I have a bag of almonds that is just waiting to be used. I think the maple will go great with them!

17 Bree June 27, 2012 at 11:33 am

These pecans look amazing—so does Switzerland!

18 Marla June 27, 2012 at 11:45 am

Thanks Bree!!

19 Minerva June 27, 2012 at 11:59 am

I was there in January! Such a beautiful and clean place to be. We stayed in my great uncle’s 300 year old house in the village of Vollèges. Soak up those gorgeous mountain views while you can!

20 Marla June 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Minerva ~ a 300 year old farm house sounds spectacular! How lucky that your great uncle has that :) You are right, it is so fabulously clean here, LOVE that!

21 Katie {EpicureanMom.com} June 27, 2012 at 1:40 pm

These look so wonderful marla and that view!!! Can’t wait to hear more about that gorgeous hotel!!!

22 Maria June 27, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I could snack on these all day long! I’ve been to Switzerland and it is one of my favorite spots! Enjoy!

23 aida mollenkamp June 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Enjoy Switzerland, Marla, it looks marvelous!

24 HeatherChristo June 27, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I LOVE Switzerland- it is so beautiful it looks like a movie set! Enjoy! I can’t wait to make these nuts and sprinkle them on my salad!

25 Marla June 27, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Heather, these nuts are awesome on salads. It is true – I cannot believe the views here are real!!

26 Lucy June 27, 2012 at 6:23 pm

I’m nuts for your nuts – and can’t wait to hear all about your times in Switzerland – when I was a child it was my dream to go to Switzerland – my father would always return from there with delicious chocolates and the best wooden farm set ever – enjoy the bells and the mooing!

27 Marla June 27, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Lucy, those are such sweet memories. I am intrigued by those chocolates and wooden toys. Everything they do here is such high quality!!

28 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] June 27, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I am glad you’re enjoying Switzerland. I love it there! About these pecans…all you had to say was maple and roasted. YUM!

29 Jen at The Three Little Piglets June 27, 2012 at 9:59 pm

So jealous! It’s totally corny, but I’ve dreamed of going to Switzerland ever since I watched the Sound of Music as a kid. I hope you have an incredible time, and I look forward to seeing more of your pictures!

30 Kristina Vanni July 4, 2012 at 11:08 am

What beautiful photos and recipe to follow. Thanks for sharing – can’t wait to try these!

31 Dawn November 21, 2012 at 8:16 am

I made these last night and the house smelled amazing with so many aromas circulating about. Pecans are my favorite nuts, besides my hubby and pups ;), and I will be making these again very soon. Love the photos, I hope you had a great trip :) Thanks again for another great recipe!

32 Marla November 21, 2012 at 8:18 am

Hi Dawn, I am thrilled you guys enjoyed these pecans so much (even the pups ;) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

33 Dawn November 21, 2012 at 9:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

34 Meg @ Beard and Bonnet March 22, 2013 at 9:23 am

I love these pecans, they are my favorite way to snack on such an amazing nut. I used your recipe for the base of a snack mix on my site today and linked back to you. Thank you for sharing this yummy treat!

35 Marla March 22, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Awesome Meg!!! I will dash over to check out your recipe :)