4 simple words. Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans. Something so simple is ridiculously addictive.
Thank goodness the ingredients are energizing whole foods because sometimes one handful is not enough.
Lets go nuts for nuts!
By the way good morning from Switzerland! There are bells ringing and cows mooing as I write this post. I can’t wait to go out and explore on foot with my camera!
I have not slept the past 48 hours and I am happy that is is finally daylight.
There will be way more on this hotel soon!
Back to pecans…
You could use any nuts you like. There is something about the buttery taste of pecans though. A bit sinful but really quite good for you. I wish I had these on me for mountain hikes today!
When I was in New Orleans last June there were loads of pecan treats, the only problem was they were way too sweet for my taste. Have you ever walked into a praline shop? Oh my ~ the delightful sweet scent will knock you off your feet. It is that amazing!
With my maple roasted pecans you can get the thrill of a sweet praline with a lot less glycemic load. Enjoy these maple sweetened nibbles for a snack. Crunch some up on top of your morning bowl of cereal or oatmeal. They are awesome in yogurt parfaits too.
For a bit more decadence dress up your ice cream, gelato or frozen yogurt. I dare you to top a pecan pie or a fruit pie with these. OMG so good!
Are you looking for a fun snack to serve at get togethers and holiday parties? Look no further. Maple Citrus Roasted Pecans are your answer. Serve them on July 4th or at Christmas. You will be a shining star if you put them in pretty little mason jars as gifts.
Do you have any special little recipes that you make with nuts? Are you nuts for nuts like me?
- 8 ounces Raw Pecan Halves
- 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup (we prefer Grade B ~ the darker, more flavorful syrup)
- pinch of fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Orange Extract
- pinch of ground Ginger
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Place nuts in a single layer on a parchment or Silpat lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until fragrant about 10 minutes. Flip once during with a pair of tongs. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil over medium high heat. Turn off the heat. Toss roasted pecans in the mixture with a heat proof spatula.
- Evenly spread the pecans back onto the lined cookie tray. Be sure they are in a single layer. Bake nuts for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let the nuts cool before serving.
- Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Simply double or triple this recipe according to your needs.
Nuts for Nuts Recipe Links
- Gramercy tavern Bar Nuts Once Upon A Chef
- Orange Rosemary Buttered Mixed Nuts Spache the Spatula
- Spicy Mexican Glazed Nuts Jules Food
- Spicy Nuts from Hell! Suzie The Foodie
- Sweet and Salty Nuts in 10 Minutes Making Life Delicious
- Union Square Cafe Bar Nuts Once Upon A Chef