Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea

by Marla on July 13, 2012 · 46 comments

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

When is the last time you threw an impromptu tea party? You can keep things summer simple with this fresh Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea, little tea sandwiches & light nibbles.

I dedicate this refreshing and energizing tea to the wonderful Red Faced Runners (more on this fine group of gals below) ~ This would make a healthy, tasty, all natural pre and post run go get ‘em sports drink!

Pick a bouquet of fresh mint leaves and let the magic begin…

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Sweet Honey Mint Tea will help you forget all your worries and woes. At least temporarily while you sip it.

It will release you into a relaxed~energetic & thoughtful state if you let it.

Let it, OK? Is there a such thing as relaxed and energizing? I do think so!

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Mint essential oils are often used often in aromatherapy to awaken the senses. Mint is cooling and detoxing. It can help you stay awake and alert. Naturally of course.

Green tea is filled with antioxidants and energizing properties as well. I prefer Genmaicha green tea ~ it is blended with roasted brown rice which gives it a distinctive nutty flavor.

The pure honey in this drink is healthful as well. Honey is a great natural source of carbohydrates. It has even been reported to instantly boost the performance, endurance and reduce muscle fatigue of athletes.

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

My friend Marina over at Yummy Mummy Kitchen just shared a stunning recipe for Individual Whole Peach Pies. She replaces the peach pit with honeycomb and makes the most delightful dessert! She also shares experiences visiting the honeybees at Carmel Valley Ranch.

This is a light, refreshing tea that you can enjoy over ice or steamy hot. Your choice.

Don’t forget wedges of fresh lime and minty sprigs…

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Have you guys heard of the Red Faced Runners? This is a great group of gals who are training to run 5K’s around the country. They are keeping each other fit and motivated every step of the way.

I am enjoying watching their progress from the sidelines. I used to be a marathon runner. I loved training for all lengths of races.

5K’s were always fun because they meant I could go fast! Marathons were all about endurance, discipline and a lot of extra calories (a BIG bonus by the way!) I ran the Los Angeles Marathon in 2003, the inaugural Orange County Marathon in 2004 (right after my daughter was born) and finally Boston Marathon (6 months later) in 2005.

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

I will never forget the excitement of training for a race. A runner’s high is so fun! Although a bit sore after, to complete a race (any length) was a truly empowering journey. I no longer run (my hips said no more)  but I am always active and on the quest for my runner’s high. I just get it through other sports these days. If you would like to train with the RFR’s be sure to contact them.

Achieving fitness goals is always more fun and realistic when you train with a group. Even when those people are your online pals.

Minty teas are a favorite over here. Especially when served with animal crackers…

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Mint is cleansing, refreshing, relaxing and invigorating all at the same time. It can aid in digestion too.

There is an abundance fresh mint everywhere this time of year. Grow some in your backyard or find some easily in the markets.

Cool sips for steamy days or hot sips for cooler days. Enjoy!

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Thank you to Babble.com. I just learned that Family Fresh Cooking ranked #15 on their Top 100 Mom Food Blogs and #1 for Health Concious! Such a great honor.

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 1 minute

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 11 minutes

Yield: 4 eight ounce cups of tea

Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea

• Bring water, tea bags and mint to a boil in a saucepan. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the minty flavor you want is achieved. Add honey and lemon/lime juice to taste.
  • Serve hot or chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Related Posts

Mint and Green Tea Recipe Posts

1 Diana July 13, 2012 at 7:05 am

Your mint green tea looks so nice and refreshing right now! And who doesn’t love animal crackers? Thanks for including me in your round-up!

2 Marla July 13, 2012 at 7:18 am

Diana, your blueberry mint iced tea looks awesome!! It was actually the springboard for another recipe I will be posting soon :)

3 Amanda July 13, 2012 at 7:10 am

Arent those RFR’s amazing? SO proud of them.

Such a beautiful and holistic recipe… I am going to have to try this! Love all that honey.

4 Marla July 13, 2012 at 7:16 am

Amanda, they really are awesome and I am so proud of their motivation, dedication and support of each other. Not to mention I need those Wonder Woman socks in my life now! I need to track those down.

5 Stephanie July 13, 2012 at 7:20 am

Loving this. I always have a cup of tea and prefer it with honey rather than sugar!

6 Ali @ Gimme Some Oven July 13, 2012 at 7:25 am

I adore your pink teacups! This sounds so tasty and refreshing for summer!

7 TidyMom July 13, 2012 at 7:27 am

I recently bought an orange mint plant and I can’t wait to try it in some tea!
I love drinking the mint tea at my daughter’s Aveda salon, the spearmint in their tea gives it a sweet taste, so I love how I don’t even need to add sweetener!

Congrats on the Babble list Marla

8 Marla July 13, 2012 at 9:05 am

Cheryl, I am not so sure I have every tries Orange Mint. It sounds amazing though. I am wondering if it has citrus flavors in it. Something I will certainly be on the lookout for this summer. I LOVE the tea at Aveda salons. I could sip that heavenly mix all day long ~ not to mention indulge in a few spa treatments while there too! Thanks for the Babble nod :)

9 Cookin' Canuck July 13, 2012 at 7:44 am

Aww, Marla, this is so great! Thank you so much for dedicating this beautiful drink to the RFR. And even though I know you don’t run anymore, you are such an inspiration, dedicating yourself to moving your body and eating cleanly. Love you, friend! xo

10 Marla July 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

Thanks Dara! I am very proud of you my friend for making so many healthful life changes. It has been such a wonderful process watching you get athletic and inspiring so many others to eat right and exercise. I wish you all the success in the world :) xo

11 Amy July 13, 2012 at 8:03 am

Oooh … another great honey recipe!!! And I couldn’t live without tea, or at least I wouldn’t want to.

Thanks for the encouraging words for the RFR. I had no idea that you didn’t run any more. Sounds like you got after it though! 3 marathons! Whoa.

12 Marla July 13, 2012 at 9:02 am

Amy, I could not live without tea either. I am so proud of the ambitions of you and the other RFR runners!! Keep up the great work :) xo

13 Rosa July 13, 2012 at 8:16 am

Divinely healthy!

14 Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen July 13, 2012 at 8:26 am

How sweet of you to shout out to us crazy RFR5k girls. The tea looks lovely- what is it about tea that feels so refreshing? Congrats on the Babble list too! xoxo- K

15 Marla July 13, 2012 at 9:00 am

Thanks Katrina!! I am so proud of you gals ~ the crazier the better!!

16 Sommer@ASpicyPerspective July 13, 2012 at 9:29 am

Oh Marla, I could use a tall glass of that right now–just finished my workout! It looks so refreshing. :)

17 Marla July 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Sommer, go get your tea girl!! Way to go with the workout :)

18 Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe July 13, 2012 at 10:00 am

Love this! I just happen to have a big bunch of fresh mint that needs to be used, and this refreshing summer drink looks perfect!
PS. I’m training for a half marathon taking place in September. It will be my first. Eek!

19 Marla July 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Oh great Amanda!! Go ahead + make your self some minty tea girl. Congrats on training for your 1/2 marathon. You will do GREAT!! Just remember ~ one day at a time with the training :)

20 Gabriela @ Gourmet Gab July 13, 2012 at 10:35 am

Mmm! This Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea looks amazing. I never would’ve thought of using real mint leaves to flavor the tea. Can’t wait to try this recipe out and share it with friends! Thank you!

21 Averie @ Averie Cooks July 13, 2012 at 10:46 am

Great looking tea. And yes, relaxed & energized is a great state to be in !

22 Marla July 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Averie, relaxed + energized suits us both well! xo

23 Lucy July 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

Two thumbs up for anything Minty from this Minty Mummy! Congrats on Babble most healthy too – you really deserve it – INSPIRING on so many levels as always

24 Marla July 13, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Oh Lucy ~ I LOVE the name Minty Mummy, think I will adapt that! Maybe even start another blog…NOT!! Congrats back to you too my friend. You work so hard on your wonderfully entertaining blog as well!

25 Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch July 13, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Your tea looks amazing, Marla! I would love a glass of it right about now! So refreshing.

26 Bev @ Bev Cooks July 14, 2012 at 6:53 am

Oooooo I want like 15 pitchers!

27 cravingthis July 14, 2012 at 7:42 am

I absolutely love iced green tea ~ your pictures are beautiful!

28 HeatherChristo July 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Beautiful and refreshing for hot summer days Marla!

29 Liz July 14, 2012 at 6:11 pm

It’s been so hot this summer that I’m actually considering drinking iced tea instead of my standard hot, black tea :) Your recipe will be the first I try!

PS…my knees told me to stop running mini marathons about 10 years ago!

30 Sanjeeta kk July 15, 2012 at 12:02 am

Wow..Marla..from where do you capture so much of Sunlight? Such refreshing tea..any time please!

31 bridget {bake at 350} July 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm

You are so sweet to cheer us on!!! You know you are a HUGE fitness/healthy inspiration to me! If we ever (kinda) room together again, I’ll get up WITH you to exercise! ;)

This tea looks so perfect and refreshing! And can I just obsess over those sweet birdie teacups for a minute? Oh, they are beautiful! I love your style, Marla!

32 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Bridget, I am loving watching all of the success you gals are having with the RFR group. So much happy success you are all having. Can we please really be roomies some day? Let’s go for a bit more of a glamourous digs though, OK?! So glad you like my pink birdie cups :)

33 Jeanette July 16, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Marla, a big congrats on winning Babble’s top Healthy Conscious blog! Funny, I just made some iced mint green tea tonight – trying to use up the fresh mint from my CSA box.

34 kelley {mountain mama cooks} July 17, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I love this, Marla. It reminds me of a rose mint tea I get in New Orleans. This would be awesome with a shot of whiskey….. :)

35 Marla July 17, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Kelley, I like your thinking girl! I would love to try the rose tea in NOLA that you speak of :)

36 Esi July 17, 2012 at 9:41 pm

This looks incredibly refreshing especially in the punishing midwest summer.

37 Sarah @ Will Run for Pasta July 18, 2012 at 11:49 pm

That birdie teacup is SO adorable! This tea looks great, similar to a minty green tea we get at a Moroccan place nearby. I can’t get enough mint lately, so refreshing for Summer.

I’m proud to say I’ve joined up with the Red Faced Runners and am in the middle of week two of training. I’m so excited to have found them at just the right time to keep me motivated and determined to stick with my newly started (again) running.

38 Kristina Vanni July 23, 2012 at 11:07 am

What a perfect combination – so light and fresh for summer!

39 gina @ skinnytaste July 23, 2012 at 11:46 am

Love your photos Marla!

40 Jen Laceda | Tartine and Apron Strings July 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm

First of all, I love your Pip mugs – I am an avid Pip buyer myself! I can’t stand how cute their stuff is! Second of all, your sweet honey mint tea is delightful! I remember thinking during a vacation to Marrakech once, why people drank mint tea when it’s so bloody hot in North Africa! After a sip of their freshly brewed sweet mint tea there, I now know that it is a refreshing drink – hot or cold! I’ve never stopped drinking mint tea after that trip to Marrakech…!

41 Marla July 25, 2012 at 4:57 am

Hi Jen! Pip Design Studio is one of my all time favorites. I actually decorated my whole bedroom with it as well. I think we need to throw a Pip party ;)
Your trip to Marrakech sounds like it was beyond amazing. I hope to get there some day. I find on steamy summer days the hot tea is just as soothing as the cool. Both are so calming.

42 Aggie July 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm

My kids are starting to share my love for teas…especially my daughter. This is so refreshing Marla, I wish I had a glass right now!
I love runners high too, I’m seeking it more & more these days. Love so much about this post!

43 Marla July 29, 2012 at 4:45 am

Thanks Aggie! Nothing quite like that runners high. Isn’t it so adorable when our kids can settle down with us to enjoy something so simple as a cup of tea :) Sweet indeed!

44 TasteofBeirut May 1, 2013 at 8:45 am

Your photos are just glorious! I wanted to just grab that drink and gobble it all up; I love mint tea and any tea hot or cold.

45 Alka May 12, 2014 at 6:02 am

Did you forget to add Tea bags.?