Perfect Scrambled Eggs

by Marla on July 16, 2012 · 38 comments

Scrambled egg recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 8285

This was Sunday breakfast.

It quickly became a photo shoot for the blog. Perfect Scrambled Eggs are the kinda thing that I make all the time but never take a moment to take a picture of. They are completely unadorned, amazingly simple and phenomenally delicious.

Add fresh herbs, cracked black pepper and come cheese if you wish. You might also find you don’t need it…

Let’s scramble, shall we?

Little boy holding an egg on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG

Who needs commercial fast food when nature provides us with this complete meal ~ all tucked in a perfect egg-shell package?

Over here we love eggs and enjoy them often throughout the week. One of the simplest and tastiest ways to prepare them is in a Perfect Scramble.

In case you are wondering I have a Pinterest board dedicated to Eggs. Of course I do. I have a Pinterest board for everything. Eggs are also featured on my Breakfast board too. Just sayin’.

Little boy holding fresh egg on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 8233

Yesterday I posted these eggs on Instagram and named the photo Sunday.

Looks like lots of you could identify with a great egg breakfast on a slow moving Sunday morning.

Scrambled egg recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 8218

These eggs are styled a bit less and are slightly more rustic then you might be used to around here. We are in Telluride and things are a a smidge more laid back than usual.

When we are here I order my organic eggs from Black Canyon Foods. I love this service, I place my order before I leave California and my groceries are waiting in my kitchen when I arrive here. I also shop a lot at the Friday farmers market.

When we are here, I want to work less, fuss less and play more.

Summer in the Colorado Mountains Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 2937

That is why these delicious pancakes are not topped with stunning fresh berries….we had some frozen so frozen it was!

My daughter mixed and mixed and over mixed the batter, hence the greyish color. They were still soooooo tasty though. I love watching my kids have fun in the kitchen!

Scrambled egg recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 8240

Another thing I love about eggs, they have no single season and they are the perfect food all year long.

Scrambled egg recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 8228

These yolks practically glow they are so vibrant and fresh.

The flavors of these eggs speak volumes against their lesser tasting cousins found at the grocery store.

Scrambled egg recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 8250

When making Perfect Scrambled Eggs, it is best to have the freshest, organic eggs possible. You need to work steady and quickly to keep them creamy, light and fluffy.

Nothing to it though really.

Scrambled egg recipe on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG 8254

Do you love eggs too? What is your favorite way to prepare them?

Perfect Scrambled Eggs

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 1 minute

Cook Time: 2 minutes

Total Time: 3 minutes

Serving Size: 2

Perfect Scrambled Eggs

• 4 fresh, organic Eggs
  • a pat of Butter or Ghee
  • splash of Milk or Cream
  • pinch of Sea Salt
  • Optional
  • grated cheese

• Whisk together eggs, salt and milk. Heat the butter or ghee in a non stick fry pan over medium heat. Have a silicone spatula ready to go. Once butter is melted, add eggs to the pan. When you see them start to turn opaque, mix them around the pan quickly so no one area over cooks. Mix continuously for about 40-60 seconds and you will have perfect scrambled eggs. If things heat too quickly lower the heat a bit. Add any cheese, fresh herbs and cracked black pepper at the end.
  • Notes
  • To keep your eggs delightfully creamy don't let them get too hot and do not cook them too long.
  • Make sure your pan is slick enough with butter so the eggs slide around easily and do not stick.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Scrambled Egg Recipe Links

1 Lauren July 16, 2012 at 7:09 am

They really do look perfect! Making these for breakfast!

2 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:18 am

Great Lauren, enjoy!

3 Lori @ RecipeGirl July 16, 2012 at 7:12 am

This is exactly how I make my eggs too! I was at a restaurant once where I had some pretty fluffy eggs and asked them what their secret was, and they told me that they whisked in a little water to the eggs before scrambling. I do that sometimes instead of milk. Looks like you are having a lovely summer in Telluride!

4 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:17 am

Lori, i’ll try that with the water. Makes sense to me though I have never tried that before. Must be the way the water helps to steam them quickly. Summer is going great, love reading about your fun time too!

5 Rosa July 16, 2012 at 7:16 am

A lovely post! Those scrambled eggs look perfect.

Gorgeous pictures of the eggs!

6 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:39 am

Thanks Rosa, those eggs were super models ;)

7 Jenny Flake July 16, 2012 at 7:19 am

I always love your posts girl! So beautiful and the eggs look perfect!! Hope you are having a blast!! xoxo

8 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:39 am

Thanks Jenny! It was a blast having photo fun with the simplest of subjects :) Hope you guys are doing GREAT!

9 Lucy lean July 16, 2012 at 7:53 am

Best scrambled eggs I’ve ever had were cooked by Chef Ludo Lefebvre – they contained uni and champagne! But the eggs themsleves were beautifully prepared over a low heat with lots of figure of eight mixing with a whisk. Rich and creamy. It looks like you have the key ingredient figured out – organic eggs with orange yolks!

10 Sommer@ASpicyPerspective July 16, 2012 at 8:22 am

Those are some good looking eggs! Sounds like you’re having a fantastic summer. :)

11 katie @KatieDid July 16, 2012 at 8:25 am

oh boy do I love eggs. I eat 2-5 every single day no fail, always fresh from the farm in my town too, nothing really compares.

12 Marla July 16, 2012 at 8:43 am

Katie, I bet that is why your skin and hair look FABULOUS!! Nothing like farm fresh eggs and good healthy fats. By the way, how lucky are you to have that farm close by!

13 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. July 16, 2012 at 8:33 am

oh yumminess! Miss talking to you friend!

14 Marla July 16, 2012 at 8:44 am

Alison, I know we need to catch up with a phone call.

15 Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free July 16, 2012 at 9:03 am

Love the pics! Nothing like fresh eggs for breakfast :D

I like to use a hand mixer to whip my eggs. They get super, super fluffy!

16 Averie @ Averie Cooks July 16, 2012 at 9:55 am

Love these pics, Marla – the realness of them. Keep this up; love them!

Black Canyon – I think services like that should be mandatory. Oh what I would give to have food waiting for me in a fridge at my vacation destination. Worth its weight in gold!

17 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Averie, it is the best service I could ever, ever imagine too. I am so happy I found these guys and their prices are very fair as well!

18 Amanda July 16, 2012 at 9:59 am

These do look absolutely perfect. Would love a massive plate of these right now!! :)

19 Nancy@acommunaltable July 16, 2012 at 10:25 am

Eggs truly are a perfect food Marla – and Lori is right – adding water can give you really light and fluffy eggs! Slow cooking, a well greased pan and not much stirring … perfection!!!

20 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Nancy, you are the third person to mention the water. I love this and will try on my next scramble :)

21 Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch July 16, 2012 at 11:51 am

Oh how I love good scrambled eggs! These looks amazing, Marla!

I do the same as Lori by adding about a tablespoon of water for a couple of eggs when whisking. It makes the most tender fluffy eggs. YUM!

22 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Robyn, I must try the technique that you and Lori are working with the water. I will experiment with this asap!

23 Maria July 16, 2012 at 1:30 pm

The eggs look perfect!! Nice work!

24 Jean (lemons and anchovies) July 16, 2012 at 6:20 pm

All your Telluride pictures just draw me in–again, one of my favorite places in the world. My husband and I are considering squeezing in a visit this summer and I’m really hoping it works out. I fall in love with the town over and over again upon arrival.

There’s nothing like a big plate off scrambled eggs. Yours looks perfect.

25 Marla July 16, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Jean, please do let me know if you end here in Telluride this summer (or any time) we are here for many weeks! I would love to see you. I am so in love with this place it’s crazy :)

26 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] July 16, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Gawd. I love scrambled eggs. Thanks for the recipe for the perfect scramble!

27 JulieD July 16, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I adore scrambled eggs and yours of course look perfect!

28 HeatherChristo July 17, 2012 at 7:49 am

I do the water too! and a lot of whisking and slow stirring. GORGEOUS egg pictures Marla. I love to see the simple humble egg elevated to such art!

29 Brooke @ Food Woolf July 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Colorado looks so tasty and beautiful!

30 Marla July 17, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Thanks Brooke, it is a pretty tasty state!! With a side of eggs ;)

31 Esi July 17, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Seriously one of my favorite foods. I love scrambled eggs with truffle salt.

32 Marla July 18, 2012 at 5:39 am

Esi, truffle salt sounds like the perfect addition to the perfect scrambled eggs!

33 Kristina Vanni July 24, 2012 at 9:29 am

What a great recipe to have on hand. Beautiful photos!

34 susan July 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I love scrambled eggs for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These and your mountain retreat look close to perfect!

35 Angie @ BigBearsWife August 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I must admit, this does indeed make the perfect scrambled eggs!

36 gale October 19, 2012 at 1:25 am

Actually eggs do kind of have a season. Right now, with the shorter days, we’re getting anywhere between 1 and 4 eggs total from 10 hens. I think it’s time to add a light to the coop. I’ve also heard that water makes fluffier eggs so that’s what I use.

37 Leigh September 1, 2013 at 8:27 am

I am the richest girl in the world. I have eight hard working hens that give me eight eggs a day! Today I added 3 tsp. of cream cheese at the very end of my scramble. When you take a bite with the rich cream cheese you will think you are in heaven! I also use water when whisking. The best combination I have found is to top the cream cheese scramble with chives and bacon, so yummy.

38 Marla September 1, 2013 at 8:37 am

Yes, you are soooooo lucky for that!