This was Sunday breakfast.
It quickly became a photo shoot for the blog. Perfect Scrambled Eggs are the kinda thing that I make all the time but never take a moment to take a picture of. They are completely unadorned, amazingly simple and phenomenally delicious.
Add fresh herbs, cracked black pepper and come cheese if you wish. You might also find you don’t need it…
Let’s scramble, shall we?
Who needs commercial fast food when nature provides us with this complete meal ~ all tucked in a perfect egg-shell package?
Over here we love eggs and enjoy them often throughout the week. One of the simplest and tastiest ways to prepare them is in a Perfect Scramble.
Yesterday I posted these eggs on Instagram and named the photo Sunday.
Looks like lots of you could identify with a great egg breakfast on a slow moving Sunday morning.
These eggs are styled a bit less and are slightly more rustic then you might be used to around here. We are in Telluride and things are a a smidge more laid back than usual.
When we are here I order my organic eggs from Black Canyon Foods. I love this service, I place my order before I leave California and my groceries are waiting in my kitchen when I arrive here. I also shop a lot at the Friday farmers market.
When we are here, I want to work less, fuss less and play more.
That is why these delicious pancakes are not topped with stunning fresh berries….we had some frozen so frozen it was!
My daughter mixed and mixed and over mixed the batter, hence the greyish color. They were still soooooo tasty though. I love watching my kids have fun in the kitchen!
Another thing I love about eggs, they have no single season and they are the perfect food all year long.
These yolks practically glow they are so vibrant and fresh.
The flavors of these eggs speak volumes against their lesser tasting cousins found at the grocery store.
When making Perfect Scrambled Eggs, it is best to have the freshest, organic eggs possible. You need to work steady and quickly to keep them creamy, light and fluffy.
Nothing to it though really.
Do you love eggs too? What is your favorite way to prepare them?
- 4 fresh, organic Eggs
- a pat of Butter or Ghee
- splash of Milk or Cream
- pinch of Sea Salt
- grated cheese
- Whisk together eggs, salt and milk. Heat the butter or ghee in a non stick fry pan over medium heat. Have a silicone spatula ready to go. Once butter is melted, add eggs to the pan. When you see them start to turn opaque, mix them around the pan quickly so no one area over cooks. Mix continuously for about 40-60 seconds and you will have perfect scrambled eggs. If things heat too quickly lower the heat a bit. Add any cheese, fresh herbs and cracked black pepper at the end.
- To keep your eggs delightfully creamy don't let them get too hot and do not cook them too long.
- Make sure your pan is slick enough with butter so the eggs slide around easily and do not stick.
Scrambled Egg Recipe Links
- Cheese and Chives Scrambled Eggs The Curvy Carrot
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs in Just 40 Seconds Kitchen Confidence
- Scrambled Black Truffle Infused Eggs Fuss Free Cooking
- Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Mushrooms Family Fresh Cooking
- Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Herbs A Couple Cooks
- Sweet Coconut Scrambled Eggs on Toast Family Fresh Cooking