How about watermelon used in a delicious, good for you ice cream!
A few more things before we get started ~ this is vegan (dairy free) + sugar free too. Your bikini will love you…
We love all kinds of ice cream and enjoy plenty traditional cream filled versions too.
Lately though we crave ice cream made with thick and creamy full fat coconut milk.
As long as you like the flavor of coconut then you gotta try ice cream made with it. You also need to try coconut whipped cream…
A few mini chocolate chips make this extra fun too. They look like little watermelon seeds don’t you think? But much tastier of course!
I also have a recipe for Watermelon Frozen Yogurt Popsicles, just so you know. Those are great too ~ especially if you have one of those GIANT watermelons and you need more to do with it.
I think this would make the perfect poolside snack to share with your sweetie….
Just be sure all that summer fun in the sun doesn’t melt it too quick!
Do you ever make homemade ice cream? If so what are your favorite flavors?
- Two (13.5 ounce) cans Full Fat Coconut Milk, refrigerate overnight
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lime Juice juice (about 1 Lime)
- 8 ounces fresh Watermelon, remove any seeds, cut into chunky pieces
- 1/2 dropper Vanilla Stevia Drops adjust according to taste
- 3 ounces Mini Chocolate Chips
- Prepare your ice cream maker according to manufacturer directions. Refrigerate your coconut milk over night so the cream separates from the coconut water. Don't shake the can. Add coconut cream to your blender, carefully pouring off the water (set this aside) we are just using the cream for this. Add the lime juice, watermelon and stevia. Purée until well combined. Taste to make sure this is sweet enough for you.
- Put the ice cream mixture in your ice cream maker and freeze according to your manufacturers directions. Fold in the chocolate chips last.
- Store in the freezer in an air tight container until ready to serve.
- You can use the coconut water in all sorts of shakes, smoothies and drinks.
- Instead of the stevia you can experiment with your favorite natural sweetener.
Vegan Ice Cream Recipe Links
- Banana Ice Cream Namely Marley
- Blackberry Ice Cream peasoupeats.com
- Chocolate + Cherry Ice Cream Family Fresh Cooking
- Layered Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake Food Doodles
- Peach Ice Cream Gluten Free Goddess
- Spicy Chocolate Ice Cream Laura Friendly