Pudding for breakfast? Yes please! That is what has been going on around here. Have you ever roasted peaches? Have you ever made tapioca pudding? I love little tapioca pearls, they add such a fun texture to your pudding. Usually tapioca pudding is made with eggs and cream. I lightened my recipe with low fat creamy coconut milk.
Tangy peaches, smooth coconut and tapioca combine to make a dreamy flavor filled experience.
Let’s make some pudding!
Soft, fuzzy peaches are seen all over the local farmers’ market.
I love to roast all kinds of fruit. Earlier this summer I was roasting strawberries like crazy…
Did you have a chance to try my Citrus Roasted Strawberry Parfaits?
You can also bake a batch of my Sunny Strawberry Sandwich Cookies. Those use roasted strawberries too.
Come to think of it, both of those recipes would be great with these roasted peaches. Just swap out the strawberries for peach ~ or use both!
Coconut is a favorite here as well. All summer I have been making vegan ice cream.
You can also find coconut in my breakfast bakes ~ Blueberry Coconut Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal.
This pudding helps to energize us for the beautiful summer days we are enjoying here in Telluride, CO.
These photos were taken on mountain bike rides,
And impromptu fishing trips on the creek….
Sometimes we even fish on the sidewalk ~ it is all good over here.
My larger camera is often with me, but I also enjoy the casual, light quality of my iPhone.
Sometimes it is nice to have a small click that I can fit in my pocket.
The sun comes and goes throughout the day. Thunderous monsoon rain storms occur frequently. They are followed by glorious bluebird skies. I love the drama of living in the mountains…
I am not sure where the time is going. So many great memories are created each day.
We embrace the passage of time with smiles, giggles and lots of great food.
Have you ever made tapioca pudding? What special ingredients do you like to add to yours?
- 6 fresh Peaches, cut in half and pitted
- splash of Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Pearls
- 2 cups Light Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- pinch of fine Sea Salt
- pinch of ground Cinnamon (adjust to taste)
- Vegan Whipped Cream Topping
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the middle. Toss peach halves with some lemon juice and coconut oil. Place in a baking dish in a single layer, bake about 25-30 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Soak small tapioca pearls in 1 cup of cool water for 1 hour. In a saucepan bring tapioca, coconut milk, salt and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir so your pudding does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Let pudding cool in the refrigerator until ready to use. It will thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm or cold with roasted peaches and vegan whipped cream.
- Feel free to use large or small tapioca pearls for this recipe. I chose the small, but both are fabulous!
Tapioca Pudding Recipe Links
- Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Raspberries Spicy Seasons
- Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Smoked Sesame Seeds the Kitchn
- Quince Cardamom Tapioca Pudding Cooking Melangery
- Rhubarb, Raspberry and Rose Tapioca Pudding Greedy Gourmand
- Tapioca Pudding with Saffron and Nuts US Masala
- Vegan Raspberry Tapioca Pudding dramatic pancake