Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola

by Marla on August 13, 2012 · 49 comments

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola | Gluten Free Recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

If you are anything like me then you love a nice bowl of pick-me-up granola in the morning. The only thing I don’t like is store bought granola that is waaaayyy too sweet and filled with all kinds of junk my body does not need. Especially first thing in the morning.

This Raspberry Granola is made with the finest whole food ingredients to help you start the day right!

Ready, set, let’s GO make homemade granola…

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola | Gluten Free Recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Do you remember the Raspberry Applesauce I posted a few weeks ago? Well this granola is made with that!

It is not too sweet ~ but plenty sweet enough. It is also vegan and gluten free.

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola | Gluten Free Recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

It gets us going on our hikes with the kids…

Little Boy Hiking in Telluride, CO | FamilyFreshCooking.com

What enhances this homemade granola even more are my Maple Roasted Pecans (These pecans have altered my life in the most splendid way!)

Enough crunch and chew to suit everyone!

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola | Gluten Free Recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Add a few dried dates, some raisins, freeze dried raspberries or any dried fruit you wish.

Don’t forget some fresh raspberries to top it all off.

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola | Gluten Free Recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Also don’t forget to pick up pretty wildflowers from your hike…and give them to your mom.

Give a wildflower to someone you love :) FamilyFreshCooking.com

There have been so many amazing moments with our kids this summer ~ I want each day to last forever.

Lots of discoveries everywhere we turn…

Little Kids Hiking in Telluride, CO | FamilyFreshCooking.com

Do you ever make homemade granola? What ingredients do you like to add to yours?

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola | Gluten Free Recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Total Time: 55 minutes

Yield: 8-12 servings

Raspberry Maple-Pecan Granola

• Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Mix together the wet ingredients. Combine with the oats, make sure they are well coated. Spread the granola mixture on a prepared sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for about 50 minutes, toss with a long pair of tongs every 15 minutes. Granola will crisp up when cool. Store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
  • Serve with greek yogurt, milk or enjoy by the handful!
  • Notes
  • Do not use quick cooking oats for this recipe.
  • Look for dried fruits with no refined sugar added.
  • When it comes to pure maple syrup I love the richer color and flavor of grade B. It has a dark amber color and is infused with more maple flavor due to the fact that it is produced later in the season than the grade A. For a great post on the A, B, C's of it all check out this post by Healthy, Happy, Life

Homemade Granola Recipe Links

1 Aimee @ ShugarySweets August 13, 2012 at 6:28 am

Gorgeous pictures! All of them. I’ll take a batch of that granola too please!

2 Marla August 13, 2012 at 7:41 am

Thanks Aimee :)

3 Barbara @ Barbara Bakes August 13, 2012 at 6:31 am

Looks like a perfect way to start the day. Beautiful pictures!

4 Marla August 13, 2012 at 7:42 am

Thanks Barbara! Been a lot of great days here…..hopefully Back to School will be as smooth ;)

5 Averie @ Averie Cooks August 13, 2012 at 6:31 am

that last shot of your two kids – how tender and sweet and I just love it! little them amidst those huge trees – and them being so sweet to each other. FRAME that one!

and frame this granola :) looks delish!

6 Marla August 13, 2012 at 7:44 am

Averie, I was thrilled when I saw that photo on my camera chip! Sometimes a tricky capture to get my kiddos in a kind, sharing and caring mood ;)

7 bridget {bake at 350} August 13, 2012 at 6:31 am

I just love your pictures…and your recipes…and your kiddos. ♥

8 Rosa August 13, 2012 at 6:34 am

Deliciously fruity!

9 Maria August 13, 2012 at 6:40 am

Perfect breakfast!

10 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 13, 2012 at 6:43 am

I actually prefer homemade granola to store-bought. I like controlling how much fat and sugar is included, and from what sources. This recipe looks great–with the raspberry applesauce–yum!

11 Marla August 13, 2012 at 7:49 am

Michelle, I also love controlling fat + sweetness in my recipes. It is fun that you can give this a buttery twist or a coconut one, depending on what kind of oil you use. The applesauce helps reduce the amount of fat and sweetener used.

12 kelley {mountain mama cooks} August 13, 2012 at 6:53 am

Looks like you picked a beautiful day to hike! Gorgeous photos. I love granola. I make it often and eat if for breakfast with greek yogurt and whatever fresh fruit I have on hand! :)

13 susan August 13, 2012 at 7:41 am

Love that photo of your son with the wildflower :). I, too, love granola and rarely add fruit. Thanks for inspiring!

14 Marla August 13, 2012 at 7:47 am

Thanks Susan, I always love capturing little boys with sweet little flowers :)

15 HeatherChristo August 13, 2012 at 7:46 am

Beautiful! (The granola, and the pictures of your kids!) I just love granola- especially the homemade variety.

16 katie @KatieDid August 13, 2012 at 8:20 am

hiking and granola go hand in hand! Very sweet pictures of your kids too :)

17 Marla August 13, 2012 at 8:26 am

Thanks Katie, fun to share food and my sweeties with you guys today!

18 Heather (Heather's Dish) August 13, 2012 at 8:21 am

i feel ready to start the day just looking at the pictures! sounds amazing girlfriend :)

19 Marla August 13, 2012 at 8:26 am

Thanks Heather ~ glad to inspire your Monday :)

20 Jackie @ Domestic Fits August 13, 2012 at 8:56 am

I’m with you, store bough granola is shockingly high in sugar and calories, you’d be better off with a doughnut. Homemade is so much better. I love this, it’s gorgeous.

21 JulieD August 13, 2012 at 8:58 am

Love, love!! I need to make granola at home more often!

22 Cara August 13, 2012 at 9:12 am

Love the flavors here, Marla, and the simplicity! I was just thinking about making some applesauce granola to use up a jar in my fridge :)

23 Teawench August 13, 2012 at 9:29 am

I only eat homemade granola. My favorite is a cinnamon cherry. I might try this with your cherry earl grey applesauce. Or the pumpkin. I did send the recipe to my friend who loves raspberries. And homemade granola.

24 Carla @ Carlas Confections August 13, 2012 at 10:20 am

Really beautiful pictures :) This granola looks so fresh and delicious! I absolutely love the raspberry applesauce. So pretty!!!

25 Jeanette August 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm

So glad to see you’re enjoying the summer with your kids. I love granola with almonds and coconut, served with Greek yogurt and fresh berries. Fantastic way to use up some of your beautiful raspberry applesauce.

26 Laura (Tutti Dolci) August 13, 2012 at 12:54 pm

What a delightful combination of flavors!

27 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. August 13, 2012 at 1:03 pm

this is calling my name!

28 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 13, 2012 at 1:42 pm

This is such an awesome breakfast or snack idea! Yum!

29 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm

The granola looks amazing!!!! Love how simple and healthy the recipe is!!

30 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] August 13, 2012 at 5:05 pm

This looks so so good! I like to add peanuts, almonds, banana chips and sometimes unsweetened coconut flakes to my homemade granola.

31 Jean (lemons and anchovies) August 14, 2012 at 7:39 am

The granola sounds wonderful but I especially love the images of your children with Telluride in the background. The scenes are so familiar. Bummed that I didn’t make it there this year. So beautiful!

32 Marla August 14, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Hi Jean! Sorry you could not make it out here this summer – I would love to meet you! Sounds like you have been enjoying a great many outdoor adventures as well :)

33 Amanda August 14, 2012 at 8:46 am

Gorgeous granola parfait, girl!! Would love this for brunch!! ;)

34 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com August 14, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Amazing photos! I want to move to Telluride. For reals!

BTW, do you mind sharing how and what is used in making the collages? :)

35 Eat Good 4 Life August 14, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I am loving the colors!! I actually never thought of using apple sauce for making granola. Now I know ;-)

36 Marla August 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Yes!! Applesauce is my secret weapon for so many recipes :)

37 Habiba @ Cooking Projects August 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I love granola but usually buy it from the supermarket. Your recipe makes it sound so simple to make at home! Can’t wait to try it out :-)

38 Marla August 14, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Habiba, so true. It really is so easy to make your own granola. I bet once you try it you won’t need to buy it from the store. Be sure to make a big batch so it is ready when you are!

39 Ashley@BakerbyNature August 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Your pictures always look straight out of a magazine – so stunning, Marla! I’m the same about granola – it’s pretty much always homemade. Can’t wait to try this one!

40 Marla August 14, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Thanks so much Ashley! Hope you get to try this recipe soon :)

41 Katherine August 14, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Yum!

42 Rikki August 14, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Oh my goodness, Marla, this sounds so good. I love that it has raspberry applesauce in it, I bet that goes perfectly with the maple syrup and pecans. Delicious!

43 Kelly Lester (EasyLunchboxes) August 14, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Such a delish recipe and priceless photos!!! Man, so gorgeous Marla. And I love your new thumbnail pic!!

44 Marla August 14, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Thanks Kelly! Grateful for my new profile pic thanks to the super talented Karen Ard ~ thanks to your recommendation!

45 Linda August 14, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Aw! Glad to see you’re cherishing every day of summer with your kids! And raspberry applesauce, that sounds amazing.

46 Deliciously Organic August 15, 2012 at 9:50 am

I also LOVE maple pecans in my granola. It’s pretty much my favorite addition. Beautiful photos, Marla!

47 Kristina Vanni August 15, 2012 at 2:00 pm

What a great way to start off the day! Beautiful photos as always!