When I was a kid I did not understand the flavor Butter Pecan. It was something my dad craved all the time. I was more of a chocolate or cookies and cream kind of gal. Now that I am a big kid (that’s right, I’ll never grow up thank you very much) I am nuts for nuts so this flavor is among my all time favorites.
What could be more tempting than pecans sautéed with rich butter and pure maple syrup? I mixed all that with Redwood Hill Farm plain goat milk yogurt.
Sweet meets nutty, tangy & buttery…. all in a pop!
I honestly feel that in the way a girl cannot have enough pairs of shoes, she cannot have enough popsicle makers.
Isn’t this one cute?! I love the size and the fact that it is silicone.
Don’t fret though, regular Dixie cups can work too.
Not only did I meet the cutest goats ever, but I got to taste all of their amazing products.
In addition to making these pops with the plain unsweetened goat yogurt, you can also buy some of their flavored ones.
Wildflower Honey, Blueberry, Cranberry Orange…..those would taste great frozen into popsicles too!
Knowing that this yogurt comes from such a pretty place makes it all the more special!
Besides the great flavors the other thing I love about these yogurts is the fact that there is no refined sugars in them at all. The vanilla is sweetened with maple syrup and the fruity flavors are naturally sweetened with fruit juice concentrates and clover honey.
Since I like to handle my own sweetness, I generally prefer plain everything. But to have options is always best!
These pops are great poolside or for an after school snack. If your kids are anything like mine they come in from the pool or after a long day of school starving.
This healthy treat will tempt, delight and not cause yucky energy crashes later on.
Do you like butter pecan? What unique popsicles flavors have you tried recently?
- 6 ounces (170 grams) Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Yogurt
- 60 grams Roasted Pecans, diced
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (45 grams) cup pure Maple Syrup I like grade B
- pinch of Sea Salt
- Nuts always taste better when roasted. So simple!
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Put nuts on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast for about 10 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool and serve.
- Have some pop molds ready. Melt butter in a small sauté pan. Add maple syrup, salt and 1/2 of the chopped pecans. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute until mixture thickens a bit. Let mixture cool a bit. In a bowl combine yogurt and maple, butter pecan mixture.
- Pour into pop molds and top some with the remaining chopped pecans. Freeze for at least 3 hours or until solid.
- You can simple double or triple this recipe to make larger pops or as many as you need!
Butter Pecan Recipe Links
- Brown Butter Maple Pecan Biscotti Buttercream and Chantilly Factory
- Banana Buttermilk Pecan Muffin Recipe Scissors and Spoons
- Burnt Butter and Pecan Cupcakes with Pretzel Icing The Island of Dr. Gateau
- Chocolate Filled Pecan Shortbread Sandwich Cookies evil shenanigans
- Vegan Butter Pecan Ice Cream Laura Friendly
FamilyFreshCooking.com disclosure: I am working with Green Valley Organics and Redwood Hill Farm on a series of blog posts. Thoughts, opinions and the photos are entirely my own. I hope you enjoy learning about these great brands as much as I enjoy sharing them with you!