Guess what today is? A very special day to celebrate my super friend Jenny (aka: Picky Palate) Jenny is having a baby boy really soon and a group of gals are having a virtual baby shower for her! I have decided to bring a cool, summery Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca (healthy fruit punch) to the celebration.
This refreshing drink is simple to prepare and is oh so party pretty.
Jenny, we are all so excited for you and your family, we can’t wait to meet your little guy!
I hope you like this little invite I made for you. A little blue and green, perfect for a baby boy.
Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca is vibrant and tasty for a super fun day of celebrating.
Top your fresca with some edible flowers for a vibrant twist.
Add a few springs of fresh mint too.
Remember the Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea I posted recently? That will be your base for this.
Have any of you been to a baby shower lately? I have not for reals. It is so fun that we can all get together online to celebrate friends and loved ones.
Jenny, I sure hope that you are enjoying your surprise party. So many of your online friends have created stunning recipes and creations for you today.
By the way, we are all sooooo excited about your upcoming cookbook too!
Have you ever thrown a baby or a bridal shower? What do you like to prepare?
- 10 ounces fresh Blueberries
- 1 handful fresh Mint Leaves
- Honey to taste (about 60 grams), or use your favorite natural sweetener
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 6 cups Cold Water
- Extra Mint Sprigs for garnish
- Edible Flowers
- Bring blueberries to a boil with 1 cup of water. Reduce to a simmer. Mash them on the side of the pan with the back of a spoon so they burst open. Add the lemon juice and mint leaves. Simmer for another 5 minutes. With a fine mesh sieve, strain juice into a bowl. Discard solids. Combine with 6 cups cold water. Add honey to taste and refrigerate until cold. Serve with lots of ice.
- The amount of sweetener you will need depends upon how sweet your fruit is to begin with. Add sweetener slowly if needed at all.
- Amanda: i am baker Special Cake for a “Picky Palate”
- Amanda: Kevin and Amanda Cinnamon Blueberry Biscoff Breakfast Cookies
- Angie: Bakerella Baby Faces
- Averie: Averie Cooks Chocolate Banana and Biscoff Graham Bars
- Bev: Bev Cooks Horseradish Deviled Eggs
- Bridget: Bake at 350 Cute as a Button Cupcakes
- Cheryl: TidyMom Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Gaby: Whats Gaby Cooking Blueberry Buttermilk Cake
- Heather: Heather’s Dish Perfect Pancake Bites
- Julie: The Little Kitchen Mixed Berry Mint Slushies
- Kathy: Panini Happy Baby Oreo Ice Cream Pies
- Kristan: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen Homemade Animal Crackers
- Lauren: Lauren’s Latest Mini Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Lori: Recipe Girl Oreo and Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Maria: Two Peas and Their Pod Cookies ‘n Cream Sheet Cake
- Marian: Sweetopia Baby Shower Cookie Favors
- Marla: Family Fresh Cooking Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca
- Michelle: Brown Eyed Baker Shrimp Nacho Bites
- Naomi: Bakers Royale Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Trifles
- Recipe Boy: Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Oreos
- Robyn: Add a Pinch Blue Velvet Cake
- Shaina: Food For My Family Ginger Plum Preserves
- Shelly: Cookies and Cups Oreo Pop Baby Rattles