Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca

by Marla on August 20, 2012 · 63 comments

Blueberry-Mint-Agua-Fresca-Marla-Meridith-IMG_7933

Guess what today is? A very special day to celebrate my super friend Jenny (aka: Picky Palate) Jenny is having a baby boy really soon and a group of gals are having a virtual baby shower for her! I have decided to bring a cool, summery Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca (healthy fruit punch) to the celebration.

This refreshing drink is simple to prepare and is oh so party pretty.

Jenny, we are all so excited for you and your family, we can’t wait to meet your little guy!

Jenny-Shower-Invite

I hope you like this little invite I made for you. A little blue and green, perfect for a baby boy.

Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca is vibrant and tasty for a super fun day of celebrating.

Blueberry-Mint-Agua-Fresca-Marla-Meridith-collage

Top your fresca with some edible flowers for a vibrant twist.

Add a few springs of fresh mint too.

Remember the Sweet Honey Mint Green Tea I posted recently? That will be your base for this.

Blueberry-Mint-Agua-Fresca-Marla-Meridith-IMG_7903

Have any of you been to a baby shower lately?  I have not for reals. It is so fun that we can all get together online to celebrate friends and loved ones.

Jenny, I sure hope that you are enjoying your surprise party. So many of your online friends have created stunning recipes and creations for you today.

By the way, we are all sooooo excited about your upcoming cookbook too!

Blueberry-Mint-Agua-Fresca-Marla-Meridith
Graphic Flags FamilyFreshCooking.com

Blueberry-Mint-Agua-Fresca-Marla-Meridith-IMG_7905

Have you ever thrown a baby or a bridal shower? What do you like to prepare?

Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 12 minutes

Yield: 7 cups of agua fresca

Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca

• 10 ounces fresh Blueberries
  • 1 handful fresh Mint Leaves
  • Honey to taste (about 60 grams), or use your favorite natural sweetener
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • 6 cups Cold Water
  • Optional
  • Extra Mint Sprigs for garnish
  • Edible Flowers

• Bring blueberries to a boil with 1 cup of water. Reduce to a simmer. Mash them on the side of the pan with the back of a spoon so they burst open. Add the lemon juice and mint leaves. Simmer for another 5 minutes. With a fine mesh sieve, strain juice into a bowl. Discard solids. Combine with 6 cups cold water. Add honey to taste and refrigerate until cold. Serve with lots of ice.
  • Notes
  • The amount of sweetener you will need depends upon how sweet your fruit is to begin with. Add sweetener slowly if needed at all.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Picky Palate Surprise Baby Shower Bloggers
Agua Fresca / Fruit Punch Recipe Links

1 JulieD August 20, 2012 at 6:09 am

So very cute and refreshing, Marla!! Thanks for helping to put this all together!! xo

2 Marla August 20, 2012 at 6:46 am

Julie, I am gonna dash around now to see everything you all created! Thanks for joining in :)

3 Marian (Sweetopia) August 20, 2012 at 6:10 am

Marla, this looks so vibrant and refreshing! I definitely need to try making this! Thanks so much to you and Amanda for organizing the baby shower! xo

4 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 20, 2012 at 6:13 am

You’re right–that is a beautiful-looking drink! Sounds delicious as well–I love fresh mint in a drink (mojitos are the best!).

5 Jenny Flake August 20, 2012 at 6:26 am

Marla!!! What a gorgeous blueberry drink! As always your photos are stunning. Thanks for putting together such a sweet virtual baby shower for me. You ladies made my day! Love you! xoxo

6 Marla August 20, 2012 at 7:13 am

Glad you are having fun celebrating your baby shower around the web today. I am sooooo impressed by all of the beautiful posts. Enjoy! XO

7 naomi August 20, 2012 at 6:29 am

Marla-Great job putting together a fabulous party! Love your ague fresco recipe-so bright in taste and color.

As for what I us usually bring-decorated sugar cookies. It’s really the only time I bust those outs.

8 Maria August 20, 2012 at 6:36 am

Beautiful beverage! Perfect for the shower!

9 MikeVFMK August 20, 2012 at 6:39 am

This. Lots of it. As soon as possible. Really great ingredients but always love mint and berries together. And so nice of you to help organize all of this. Another shining example of the person you are. Cheers!

10 Bev @ Bev Cooks August 20, 2012 at 6:43 am

THIS is one fabuluso lookin’ drink.

11 Marina@Picnic at Marina August 20, 2012 at 6:49 am

Marla, what a great way to celebrate a baby shower! Such a clever idea. Blueberry-mint agua-fresca looks and tastes brilliant. Even water can look pretty! :)

12 Marla August 20, 2012 at 7:12 am

Thanks Marina ~ those edible flowers always help to fancy things up. Not to mention the natural beauty of blueberries!

13 Cookbook Queen August 20, 2012 at 6:50 am

This is by far the most gorgeous drink of all time.

14 Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch August 20, 2012 at 7:01 am

YUM! This looks wonderful, Marla. I need to make this pronto! Thanks so much for organizing everything for the shower. So fun!

15 Rosa August 20, 2012 at 7:07 am

Ah, I need that now! It is so hot here…

16 Averie @ Averie Cooks August 20, 2012 at 7:09 am

Thank you for organizing this amazing event with Amanda – and for making something beautiful to drink. We could use something to wash down all the sugar all the rest of us made :)

xo

17 Marla August 20, 2012 at 7:12 am

Your welcome Averie, this drink should help soften the sugar blow ;)

18 Lori @ RecipeGirl August 20, 2012 at 7:39 am

Looks wonderful darling! Thanks so much for organizing this- everyone did such a delicious job toasting Jenny!

19 bridget {bake at 350} August 20, 2012 at 8:18 am

Marla, this is so, so beautiful! I wish we were together celebrating in real life!

Love your pennants and buttons, too! Thank you to you and Amanda for setting this up for Jenny…you guys are the best!

20 Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies August 20, 2012 at 8:23 am

I can’t believe how beautiful this drink is. It’s so perfect for a shower treat! Love it!

21 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy August 20, 2012 at 8:27 am

that sounds so refreshing! and i love the color!

22 Amy Tong August 20, 2012 at 8:55 am

What a fun virtual Baby Shower! :) Your Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca looks amazing. I love the color and how beautiful you present it. Can’t wait to make a large pitcher on my next gathering.

23 Amanda August 20, 2012 at 9:19 am

I am in LOVE with this Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca!! It looks hot pink!! :) This would totally be my signature drink :) Your photos are always so, so amazing. I am stunned by each and every one. Thank you so much for all the hard work you did putting this shower together for Jenny. You’re the best!! :) xoxo

24 Bree August 20, 2012 at 9:39 am

Looks and sounds delish and refreshing too!

25 Sihi August 20, 2012 at 10:05 am

That looks so good! Need it to beat the Texas heat.
Best,
Sihi

26 Kathy - Panini Happy August 20, 2012 at 11:02 am

This has to be the prettiest drink I’ve seen in a long time! I’m sure it’s just as refreshing as it looks too. Thanks so much again for hosting this terrific baby shower!

27 Kitchen Belleicious August 20, 2012 at 11:55 am

wow! This looks amazing and so refreshing. Can you say mommy needs some time alone with her fresca!

28 Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry August 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Now that’s one refreshing drink I could take just about now!

29 TidyMom August 20, 2012 at 1:34 pm

STUNNING Marla! and oh so simple to make!!

I’m throwing a 50th birthday party for the hubby in a few weeks, I may need to add this to my list!

30 TidyMom August 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I forgot to ask, can you tell me more about edible flowers?

oh , and thanks for all the work you did coordinating Jenny’s beautiful shower!

31 Marla August 20, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Cheryl, I am so glad you could participate in this shower for Jenny! LOVE your cupcakes :) I purchase my edible flowers at Whole Foods. I have never sourced them outdoors or anywhere else. I have seen them online when I have Googled them though. Perhaps you can have them shipped in for your celebration if you cannot find them near home. You can purchase colors that fit your theme too. They really add so much to presentation!

32 Laura (Tutti Dolci) August 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm

How refreshing, I love the blueberry-mint pairing. Such a pretty drink!

33 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts August 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm

This drink is perfect for a babyshower. Gorgeous color as well. I love the invite, super cute!

34 Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet August 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Oh how gorgeous! I would love a jar of this aqua fresca right now!

35 Amanda August 20, 2012 at 4:16 pm

This sounds really super delicious!! Love your presentation and color scheme! Thanks so much for letting me be a part of Jenny’s shower. I really appreciate all your hard work and time!

36 Marla August 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Thanks Amanda!! So happy you could join us and your rattle cake is just stunning!

37 najwa kronfel August 20, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Shower perfect! it looks delicious!

38 Marla August 20, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Thanks so much Najwa :)

39 leslie August 20, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Ohhh delish! Can I add vodka??? ;) I kid I kid!

40 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] August 20, 2012 at 7:54 pm

This looks so refreshing! Almost too pretty to drink.

41 Heather (Heather's Dish) August 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm

ummmmmm…prettiest drink of the summer! i’m so glad you asked me to join in…i absolutely LOVE when the blogging community comes together like this!

42 susan August 20, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I too made Agua Fresca this past weekend. Love your flavor combo, Marla – and the flower accents!

43 Lisa | With Style and Grace August 20, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Oh it feels like just yesterday we were planning this for Maria, so much fun! This drink sounds wonderful, something I could definitely enjoy this summer!

44 Anina @ Aninas Recipes August 21, 2012 at 6:54 am

What a gorgeous drink!! Thank you for entertaining your fans with this awesome celebration! I am in awe to see the great dishes everyone has put together!

45 Lisa August 21, 2012 at 7:24 am

Perfect for a shower and perfect for this HOT summer, too. Thanks for the recipe!

46 Marina {YummyMummyKitchen.com} August 21, 2012 at 8:34 am

So colorful and amazing. I love making flavored waters too. Yum!

47 teresa August 21, 2012 at 11:08 am

Marla! Marla!
This looks so fancy and refreshing!
How much would I give to sit down and SIP some of this goodness with you!
This is a work of art!
So yummy for a shower!
Thanks for hosting such a special baby shower for Jenny!
Thanks too for including me in on the FUN!
I’ll post the Pom Pom Cupcakes as soon as Blooming on Bainbridge is up and running! xoxoxoxo

48 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com August 21, 2012 at 12:02 pm

What an eye candy, Marla!! Such a beautiful treat for a mother-to-be :)

49 The Healthy Apple August 21, 2012 at 6:45 pm

What a beautiful post, Marla. Loving your photography. This recipe looks amazing; I’m going to make it for my family on Saturday for our BBQ.
Hope all is well with you!
Sending you hugs from NYC to Colorado.
xo

50 Rachel Cooks August 22, 2012 at 4:39 am

So perfect for a baby shower. Beautiful!

51 Rikki August 22, 2012 at 7:46 am

This is such a cute idea! And I love the recipe, it looks so refreshing and is perfect for an outdoor party/bbq. The flowers are beautiful too :)

52 Jackie @ Domestic Fits August 22, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Amazing! You are invited to my next baby shower. For reals. Virtual or Personal.

53 Marla August 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Awww, thank you Jackie!! A great compliment coming from you :)

54 Leah August 23, 2012 at 12:47 pm

This looks and sounds so delicious! I would love to try this for the next party I host! Thank you for sharing!! : )

55 HeatherChristo August 24, 2012 at 9:15 am

Marla- GORGEOUS!!! truly beautiful- and sounds so refreshing!

56 TidyMom August 26, 2012 at 8:26 am

Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up! http://tidymom.net/2012/12-make-at-home-projects/

Have a fabulous rest of the weekend!