100+ Delicious Fall Desserts – Recipe Round Up

by Marla on September 15, 2012 · 51 comments

100+ Delicious Fall Desserts: A Recipe Round Up on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Let’s face it, fall is nothing without pumpkin, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon spice. Throw in some apples, sweet potato, pear, chocolate and caramel (though we all know these really have no singular season.) Maple sweetens everything up.

We all agreed on Facebook that these are favorite fall flavors.

Grab your pots and pans, warm up the oven and invite some sweet & delicious autumn recipes into your home…even if your temperatures are still soaring outside!

Gluten Free Vegan Apple Nut Tart | FamilyFreshCooking.comApple

Gluten Free Baked Apples - FamilyFreshCooking.comCaramel

Cheerios Chocolate Halloween Tarts on FamilyFreshCooking.com Chocolate

Creamy Roasted Carrot Coconut Shake | FamilyFreshCooking.com Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger Spice

Butter Pecan Popsicles | FamilyFreshCooking.comMaple

Chai Carrot Pear Muffins Vegan & Gluten Free | FamilyFreshCooking.com.Pear

Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Almond Crust-Gluten Free | FamilyFreshCooking.com Pumpkin

Pumpkin Pie Popsicles Recipe | FamilyFreshCooking.comSweet Potato

Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Jar Cakes Recipe | FamilyFreshCooking.com Related Posts

1 Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes September 15, 2012 at 11:08 am

Sakes ALIVE do I love this list of autumn treats!! I really appreciate that you grouped everything into flavor families, and I absolutely agree with you and your Facebook fans – these are the flavors of Fall! This time of year is bittersweet for me since it’s my FAVORITE time of the year, but it’s not quite the same now that I live in the Arizona desert. So I’m forced to celebrate by baking (and eating) my way through the season. Your round up makes that even more fun! Thanks, Marla!

2 Marla September 16, 2012 at 6:08 am

Meagan, yikes ~ the Arizona thing could put a little curve ball on the fun of fall. Here in So Cal it is kinda the same way. Back in NY where I grew up Fall was glorious. All of the color changes and the coolness of the air was invigorating. Here it seems like the leaves turn straight to brown and then fall from the trees. You and I can pretend we have autumn together….through food.

3 Averie @ Averie Cooks September 15, 2012 at 11:24 am

Marla! OMG this had to have taken you FOREVER!!!!! It’s so thorough (and beautiful images!)

Thanks for linking up my little smoothie but those Chocolate Cheerios bars of your and your pumpkin pie tart – how do I not remember those?! Thanks for the refresher!

4 Marla September 16, 2012 at 6:05 am

Funny you should say that Averie. You are so right. I always think these round-ups are going to take no time at all. That is very wrong! They do take forever. The great thing is that I get to visit all of my pals and then meet lots of new bloggers. It also makes me very hungry!

5 Marina@Picnic at Marina September 15, 2012 at 11:46 am

Marla, this post is so beautiful! it filled my home with the aroma pumpkin, cinnamon spice, apples and pears. Mmm… :)

6 Marla September 16, 2012 at 6:04 am

That is awesome Marina. With all of the fall flavored cooking I have been doing lately that is one of the biggest benefits. Nothing like having the home smell like all of those sweet flavors. Comforting :)

7 Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen September 15, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Thanks for the shout out!!!! I truly appreciate it…almost as much as I appreciate this blog and the fabulous recipes highlighting the most wonderful time of the year! :)

8 Marla September 16, 2012 at 6:02 am

Thanks for that Amber. I sure LOVE to have heaps of fun over here. Hope you find some new recipes to try.

9 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies September 15, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I love this! Even though it’s still in the 80s here, I am completely wrapped up in fall flavors right now. Thanks for linking up my Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake too!

10 Marla September 16, 2012 at 6:01 am

Kiersten, us too. It has been reaching 98 and I am in complete denial. Falling hard for fall here :) As you can tell by this post!

11 Barbara @ Barbara Bakes September 15, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thanks for including my coffee cake in your delicious roundup! So many I can’t wait to try.

12 Marla September 16, 2012 at 6:00 am

Barbara, coffee cake is one of my all time favorites ~ I bet yours is heavenly!

13 Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking September 15, 2012 at 5:17 pm

A wonderful round-up Marla! Apple, pear, pumpkin, sweet potato, caramel all are indeed fall flavors and this is probably the best fall recipes I’ve seen this season.
Well done!

14 Marla September 16, 2012 at 6:00 am

Thanks Roxana! I could tell you love fall flavors too as I perused your recipe index.

15 Laura (Tutti Dolci) September 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

What a great round-up, I want one of each of these treats!

16 Marla September 16, 2012 at 5:59 am

I do too Laura! Glad you like the round up.

17 Rosa September 16, 2012 at 2:00 am

A wonderful collection of recipes!

18 Ashley September 16, 2012 at 4:39 am

Thanks for the mention Marla! Although after reading through the whole list I have way too many more recipes to add to my list to try : ) But that’s a good problem at least lol

19 Marla September 16, 2012 at 5:59 am

Ashley, I guess it’s OK to have more recipes on your to-do list, right??!! Enjoy!

20 Brenda September 16, 2012 at 9:55 am

Beautiful job! Thank you so much for doing so much work for us! You don’t have to reply to my comment because you must be exhausted already. I hope you are having a fabulous fall.

21 Marla September 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Brenda, so glad you appreciate this! Not a problem to comment reply ~ I have gobs of energy to do so….Fall?! I am desperately waiting for the cool weather to come to Southern California.

22 Cathy @ Noble Pig September 16, 2012 at 10:58 am

This is an amazing resource of recipes! Thanks for including my Caramel Apple Cupcakes!

23 Megan's Cookin' September 16, 2012 at 11:52 am

What a great round up Marla. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I cant wait to try a few of these recipes!

24 susan September 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm

What a fabulous, concise, thorough, and brilliant list, Marla! I love everything on this list and thanks for including my maple tea cakes! x

25 Marla September 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Susan, your maple tea cakes look GREAT! So glad you like this list.

26 Dianna @ The Kitchen Prep September 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Thanks for including my post in your round up… these recipes look fabulous! I think I’m going to have to try out quite a few! ;)

27 Marla September 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Hi Dianna! I hope you do get to try out some of these recipes :)

28 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. September 16, 2012 at 3:40 pm

incredible list Marla!

29 Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen September 16, 2012 at 6:34 pm

What an amazing round up Marla!! I really don’t know which recipe to start with…they all look incredible! Thanks so much for featuring my muffins! :)

30 Bel | Ooh Look September 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm

So many awesome recipes to try. Thanks for including my Apple and Pear Pies in your great roundup, Marla. xx

31 Reem | Simply Reem September 16, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Awesome!!1
This is such a wonderful round up for fall recipes…
No more looking here n there, just this on perfect post…
Must have taken so much effort to put it together, great job!!!
Thanks for Sharing!

32 Rachel @ Baked by Rachel September 17, 2012 at 5:53 am

Thanks so much for including me. What a fantastic list of delicious recipes!

33 Ali | Gimme Some Oven September 17, 2012 at 6:24 am

Wow – such a great roundup! I am so excited for fall!!!

34 Eat Good 4 Life September 17, 2012 at 6:44 am

Thanks for adding me in the list :-) I am very honored!!

35 Aggiea September 17, 2012 at 10:04 am

What a delicious roundup Marla!! Nothing beats the flavors of fall.
Thanks so much for including me!

36 Carole @ The Sweet Chick September 17, 2012 at 11:48 am

I am honored also, thank you very much for including me.

37 Marina {YummyMummyKitchen.com} September 17, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I am so craving one of those sweet potato chocolate chip cakes! Yum!

38 Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch September 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I am so ready for fall, Marla and all of these have my mouth watering! Such a great list! Thanks so much for including my Butter Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream.

39 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] September 17, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Great post! I am so excited for fall and fall cooking and baking. :)

40 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com September 17, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Fabulous round-up, Marla — definitely got me drooling past midnight!

41 denise @ singapore shiok September 18, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Hi Marla, I’m almost speechless at the effort you’ve obviously put into this gorgeous post. Talk about a labour of love! Thank you so much for including my sticky chocolate date cake in the line up :)

42 Anna @ hiddenponies September 18, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Oooh, this has totally got me in the mood for fall baking and all the delicious cold weather comfort flavours! Thanks for including our cinnamon buns on the list :)

43 Deliciously Organic September 19, 2012 at 9:24 am

What a fabulous round up!

44 Kristina Vanni September 19, 2012 at 2:28 pm

What a great collection of recipes. Such a fun and festive way to start out the fall season.

45 Carlas Confections September 19, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Love this roundup! I am so ready for fall. I know this must have taken you a long time!!! Thanks for bringing some great recipes together :)

46 Ellen @ Indigo Scones September 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

This is awesome Marla! Thanks so much for including me :) I’ll be referring to this list a lot!

47 Kate@Diethood September 20, 2012 at 4:42 pm

What a round up! I just jotted down every pumpkin recipe that I saw up there. I made the pumpkin pie tart with almond crust last year when you posted it…we absolutely loved it!

48 Esi September 30, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Excellent roundup!

49 Russell at Chasing Delicious October 9, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Well I do believe you have the best fall round up out there. Yum!

50 Marla October 9, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Hi Russell, why thank you!