This apple butter is like nothing you have ever tasted. It is rich, creamy, vegan and absolutely irresistible. What makes it so different? I roasted all of the ingredients before I puréed them. What you have here my friends is a dip that doubles as a applesauce and creamy, guilt free spread.
Enjoy it throughout the day with crackers, toast or crusty baguette. Or by the spoonful.
Looking for a fun way to eat veggies? Dip carrots in your apple butter…
Dip apple in Maple Coconut Apple Butter.
Try a whole bunch of things and let me know what you dipped. Or what you spread this on. Or if you just ate it by the spoonful.
Roasted, oven baked apples….not only do they smell amazing but they bring out the richest flavor possible. I love roasting all kinds of fruits and vegetables.
The caramelization the heat creates is like nothing else.
For this recipe you must roast first. I pinky promise it is well worth your time.
Don’t forget a steamy cup of coffee ~ it makes everything better at breakfast time doesn’t it?
Do you ever make apple butter? Any unique twists or flavors to your recipe?
- 6 large Apples, 1/4 inch slices (Honey Crisp and Pink Lady are my favorites)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup (I prefer richer, darker Grade B)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees with the rack in the middle. Prepare 2 sheet pans with parchment or Silpat liners. Put the sliced apples in a heat safe bowl. Combine maple syrup, coconut oil, salt and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir quickly to combine and remove from the heat promptly. Pour the maple syrup mixture over the apples and toss with tongs. Divide apples onto the two baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes tossing once with tongs. Apples should be soft, fragrant and slightly browned when done. Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes. Carefully transfer to a blender and purée until creamy and smooth. Thin out with water if needed.
Apple Butter Recipe Links
- Apple Butter Bran Muffins Brittany’s Pantry
- Apple Butter Mustard Design Sponge
- Apple Cinnamon Toast Butter Coupon Clipping Cook
- Apple Honey Hand Pies Kelly Bakes
- Grilled Cheese with Havarti and Apple Honey Butter The Hungry Muse
- Oven Baked Apple Butter with Rosemary and Coriander Lucullian Delights
- Pear Apple Butter with Cardamom The New York Times