Ever since I went on the Idaho Potato Harvest Tour I have been thinking about potatoes non-stop. On that trip I became enlightened and excited about everything potato! My family is really happy about that because they LOVE potatoes.
One of the simplest and most comforting meals is a simple, perfect baked potato. I bake them in a Big Batch so we have them at the ready for a few days at a time.
Baked potatoes are great for…
- Project LunchBox
- Snacks + Mini Meals
- Any time you need a quick bite.
Have you ever had a baked potato for breakfast? It is a great way to start the day. Stay tuned for an awesome potato breakfast recipe I have for you really soon.
Another thing I love about Perfect Baked Potatoes is that they are adaptable & pair easily with any flavors you want.
Little piggy salt and pepper shakers always make a meal more fun!
We love butter, garlic salt, cracked black pepper and fresh herbs. Simple and perfect!
Perfect Baked Potatoes just need a quick rinse, some pokes with a fork or knife (you don’t want them to explode in your oven) a massage with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
You need to be a little patient while they bake for about one hour. The bake time will vary according to the size of your potatoes, you know they are done when a fork easily pierces the baker. If the potato is hard, bake a little longer, that’s all there is to it.
The results are amazing! A crisp skin and tender potato.
Play with ingredients. Try a rub down with coconut oil, butter or ghee. Also play with seasonings. Our favorite is smoked paprika. Curry powder, chili seasoning, Herbes de Provence would all be amazing.
Do you have any favorite baked potato recipes? Feel free to share your links in the comments.
- a few Potatoes (russet, red, purple, gold ~ your choice)
- Olive Oil or melted Coconut Oil, Ghee or Butter
- Garlic Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika (or any seasonings you like)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Scrub your potatoes with cool water and a soft brush, pat dry. Pierce with a fork or knife several times (this will help release the steam that builds up inside the potato as it cooks.) You need to do this so it doesn't explode in your oven. Rub potatoes with oil/butter. Season all sides with garlic salt, pepper and spice. Lay on a sheet pan of baking dish. Bake for 45-60 minutes. The skin should pierce easily with a fork and the potato soft and fluffy.
- Serve with sour cream, mascarpone, cottage cheese, butter ~ anything!
Baked Potato Recipe Links
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
- Brown Butter and Cheese Potato Cups Coupon Clipping Cook
- Everyone’s Favorite Teeny Tiny Potatoes Family Fresh Cooking
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup Baked By Rachel
- Southwest Loaded Baked Potato Skins
- Tandoori Aloo Potatoes Veg Recipes of India
Disclosure: It is my pleasure to be working with the Idaho Potato Commission to help spread the word about delicious Idaho® potatoes.