This week after I dropped my kids off at school I had my usual coffee break at Starbucks. It is always fun to catch up with my friends for a few minutes after the hustle bustle of the morning rush.
The main topic of conversation was on holiday photo cards. If you live in LA or Orange County you must connect with our family portrait photographer Karen Ard.
*All of the photographs in this post are © Karen Ard Photography
I was very happy with the head shots Karen took and now I use them all over the web!
Always bring a few outfits so you can play around with colors and looks…
There are a few things you need to look for when choosing a photographer to shoot your event, headshot or family portraits.
You have to bond on many levels.
This is a fun…
And often whiny experience.
… I’ll keep those images for myself.
When dealing with little kids there can be challenging moments. Also very sweet, touching ones.
That is why you need a photographer like Karen who had lots of patience and her own unique ways to re-direct their focus.
Here is a simple checklist for you. Make sure your photographer hits the marks on all of these details.
Karen Ard was a definite YES for me on all:
- Talent: Do you love the overall image quality + talent of the photographers portfolio?
- Personality: Find someone you can connect easily with. It will make your portraits much more fun and easy going.
- Communication: Does the photographer get back to you in a timely manner? Are the emails and phone conversations friendly and easy?
- Timing: Can you get your photos when you really need them. Delivery dates are important.
- Style: Does the photographer share your similar take on style, design and photo composition.
- Cost: Can you afford the sitting fee and the photos you wish to use?
- Location: Can the photographer provide studio & location ideas or work within the parameters of yours?
Are you looking to update your profile photos or family portraits?
I suggest you give Karen a call. She is filled with enthusiasm and passion for photography and life!
If I could take her with us on every single family vacation to capture the memories I would.
Ahhhh a girl can dream.
Karen Ard | Find Her Here