Thank me now. Or thank me later.
Either way, do you have an Elf scout in your life? If you have little kids (or anyone for that matter) who could use daily reminders that Santa is coming to town then you need an The Elf on the Shelf. Now.
Happily I am going to send one lucky family an elf. From Santa, to me, to you.
What is an Elf scout? Why do you need this?
The Elf is a small (kinda freaky) looking elf that comes out a few weeks before Christmas to keep an eye on everyone’s behaviors around the house.
Each evening the Elf flies back to the North Pole to report to Santa how the day went.
Tantrums are not acceptable. Good behavior is essential.
The Elf watches everyone carefully. Even you.
Yes, I had lots of fun with this photo shoot thank you very much.
Yes, the recipe for that delicious cake is coming soon. Pinky promise.
The elf is watching me too.
- Let the kids choose a name for their Elf scout (girl or boy)
- During the day the Elf scouts your home. It watches everyone closely (even you.)
- Absolutely no one is allowed to touch the Elf or it will lose it’s magical powers.
- At bedtime you can read the Elf in the Shelf book with your kids.
- Every night the elf flies to Santa to report back the days happenings.
- YOU get to be sneaky & move the elf every single night or morning before the kids wake.
- Sometimes you will forget to move it and that is OK. Just think of a very good excuse as to why he landed in the same place as the day before.
- The kids get so excited to look for the Elf every morning.
- Be prepared for the kids to ask you why the Elf’s eyes always look in the same direction. I am not sure how to answer that.