Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies – Vegan

by Marla on December 12, 2012 · 29 comments

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies | vegan recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Cookies for breakfast? Sure! Why not. Especially when they are filled with great for you ingredients.

Bake a batch of these in a jiffy. Pour a glass of milk, brew a steamy pot of coffee & enjoy!

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies | vegan recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Life is so busy right now…isn’t it?

What a great way to give yourself and your family a guilt free treat with cookies for breakfast.

My kids love to dunk these in a chilled glass of milk…

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies | vegan recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Don’t forget big & plump dried cranberries.

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies | vegan recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

If you are as in love with the idea of breakfast cookies as I am  ~ you will need to check out my recipes for Lemon Ricotta Breakfast Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (both of those recipes are gluten free.)

For a unique twist you can also make Breakfast Cookie French Toast.

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies | vegan recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Trust me on that one. It is worth the experiment!

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies | vegan recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Most of the cookies on my recipes page are suitable for the first meal of the day.

Some are vegan, some are gluten free. Most are free of refined sugars too.

Do you have a favorite recipe for a handheld breakfast? Feel free to attach a link in your comment.

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies – Vegan

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 14 minutes

Total Time: 19 minutes

Yield: 12 Breakfast Cookies

Serving Size: 2 cookies

Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies – Vegan

• Preheat oven to 350 F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or Silpat liner. In a bowl whisk dry ingredients together (excluding cranberries). In another bowl combine wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients to make a dough. Add cranberries and knead together until well combined. Press some of the cranberries into the tops of the cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes, remove from oven and transfer cookies to a cooling rack
  • Notes
  • I put a range for the sweetener so you can decide how sweet you want your breakfast cookies.

Breakfast Cookies Recipe Links

1 Rosa December 12, 2012 at 5:46 am

Those cookies must be addictive!

2 Heidi @ Bits of Sunshine December 12, 2012 at 5:49 am

These look good! I have never thought of making cookies for breakfast! And the ingredient list looks pretty simple! Yum! I would love these with a cup of strong coffee! I always go for muffins if I am going “hand held”!

3 bridget {bake at 350} December 12, 2012 at 6:11 am

I’m ALL for cookies for breakfast! And these look healthier than the kind I normally have. ;)

4 susan December 12, 2012 at 6:15 am

yummy, cookies for breakfast! this would go over big in my house.

5 Averie @ Averie Cooks December 12, 2012 at 8:03 am

Marla I’m loving the looks of these! Graham flour – I need to get some b/c there are other recipes I’ve seen that use it and I just want it. The fact that you were also able to keep them vegan is so impressive. Cookie baking without eggs or butter can be tricky! You nailed it!

6 Marla December 12, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thanks Averie! I am really loving the graham flour lately. It is whole wheat based, but it has a much more mild flavor than whole wheat flour. A finer texture too! You will be happy when you get your hands on some :)

7 Heidi @ Food Doodles December 12, 2012 at 9:16 am

Oooh, I love the graham flour in these – it’s so nutty and delicious. Thanks for the link!

8 Anna W. December 12, 2012 at 9:32 am

these look great! i’m going to try them with a gluten free flour blend and see how they turn out.

9 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies December 12, 2012 at 9:52 am

My mom keeps asking me to come up with a breakfast cookie recipe–maybe I will just send her yours! ;)

10 Nadia@loveliveandgarden December 12, 2012 at 11:28 am

A reason to eat chocolate in the morning.. sheer bliss!

11 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 12, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Ohhh, these cookies look amazing!!! Now you have me in the mood to bake cookies, and I shouldn’t because I have no control! lol

12 Minnie(@thelady8home) December 12, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Those cookies look so mouthwatering!!! Fabulous!! :-D

13 Marla December 12, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Thanks so much Minnie & I LOVE your name :)

14 aida mollenkamp December 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Oh, with the graham flour and coconut, these sound fab!

15 Donna December 12, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Chocolate and cranberries – can’t wit to try this flavor combo.

16 Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] December 12, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I would love some cookies for breakfast!

17 Sanjeeta kk December 12, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Love the rustic feel of the cookies..absolutely a must-bake cookies for me!

18 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com December 12, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I can definitely see myself dunking these delectable cookies in my morning cup of tea :)

19 Laura (Tutti Dolci) December 12, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I’m in love with the chocolate-cranberry combo, these look delish. Pinned!

20 Amanda December 13, 2012 at 9:31 am

LOVE this combo, Marla! These cookies sound amazing!

21 Kristin December 21, 2012 at 4:31 am

I want to make these for Christmas morning, do you think I could easily swap out the flour to make them gluten-free? my mom’s gluten-free and I want her to be able to have some. will it ruin the flavor combos or texture?

22 Marla December 21, 2012 at 5:11 am

Kristin, I have not tested these cookies with GF flours. I am in love with oat flour though.
How about trying that with the same ratios? I hope it works….let me know if it does. I have not tried those gluten free baking blended flours either, so I cannot speak for those.

23 Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today December 27, 2012 at 2:43 am

Of course cookies are good for breakfast, it contains chocolate, so what could be better to start a day with ;)

24 Filipino Food January 16, 2013 at 6:52 am

Thanks for sharing this great recipe! I have to try this one :)

25 Amanda February 23, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I made these, and they didn’t turn out as expected. However, I used So Delicious coconut milk (the shelf sustainable, milk alternative), not the canned version you’ve linked to. I’m wondering if the canned coconut milk is heavier and creamier, which may help with the dry texture I ended up with? Any thoughts?

26 Marla February 24, 2013 at 5:24 am

Amanda, when I bake it is always the canned (yes heavier) version of coconut milk. The So Delicious would have yielded the results you had. I recommend you try this again with the light unsweetened canned coconut milk :)

27 kim April 23, 2014 at 4:25 am

Wonder if almond milk would work? If not will add coconut milk to grocery list.

28 t.k. booker April 25, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Where is the nutritional info? How many calories, fiber, protein, carbs, etc???