You must be thinking “What the heck is an anytime cookie?” I have posted various healthy breakfasts disguised as cakes and cookies pretty often. I wanted to make it clear to you ~ the fact that all of those recipes should be enjoyed anytime at all.
Got it? Great!! Let’s bake some anytime cookies that are a perfect way to start and end the day.
*We are currently having some technical issues with our recipe plug-in. Stay tuned ~ we are repairing.
If you are pondering what these taste like they are kinda like a very tender oatmeal cookie….
That’s what my daughter said. She is cinnamon, spice and everything nice & so are these.
A few years a go I posted these Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies which were quite the hit ~ with my son and you guys.
If you want a sneaky peek as to where my photography skills started I suggest you take a look at that post.
My iPhone was my only camera option back then.
Oh how things have changed around here!
These sweet potato cookies are quite different from my 2009 recipe though.
These are gluten free, vegan, made with oat flour and are also free of refined sugar (that is powdered maple sugar I sprinkled on top.)
Don’t worry ~ all of my healthful changes still bake up a dang tasty cookie.
Do you ever bake with sweet potatoes? It lends itself to a very tender crumb.
If your New Year’s resolutions have anything to do with healthy eating & your diet, then these whole grain anytime cookies need to be added to your recipe box.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1 large) mashed Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Light Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 5 droppers full Vanilla Stevia Drops
- a few handfuls: Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Raisins, Dried Cranberries, Dried Cherries
- Maple Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F with the rack in the middle. Clean sweet potato and pierce several times with a fork or knife. Bake about 45 minutes or until soft. Let cool. peel off skin and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350 F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or a Silpat liner. Whisk together dry ingredients, place in the bowl of a stand mixer. Combine wet ingredients, add to mixer and beat on low speed until you have a batter.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of batter onto the cookie sheet. Bake for about 20-22 minutes until cookies are golden brown and crumbly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Sweet Potato Cookie Recipe Links
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Apple Cookies (with Sweet Potato) Family Fresh Cooking
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato Cookies cHow Divine
- Soft Sweet Potato with Pecans Cookies Fuss Free Cooking
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies Family Fresh Cooking
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chunk Cookies Bakeaholic Mama
- Sweet Potato Ginger Cookies The Roasted Root