Hello from Grand Cayman!

by Marla on January 2, 2013 · 47 comments

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Well hello from Grand Cayman! Have you ever been to the Cayman Islands? It is so beautiful here. Bright turquoise water, sunny smiles, powder white sand and a whole lot of fun!

Take a peek…

Seven Mile Beach | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

This is a family trip that we look forward to every year.

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

It’s obvious why, the scenery is breathtaking.

Seven Mile Beach | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Seven Mile Beach | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Bright blues, greens and tropical beauties…

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

And the company even better!

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Our kids get to see their favorite cousins. How cute are those patterned aprons?

My talented niece (Iza Pearl) designed the fabric and my mother in law sewed them.

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

When we are here there is lots of love, giggles and sandy hugs.

That’s my little guy with his cousin Matt.

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

They learn all sorts of new things….including how to wrestle from cousin Grey.

Seven Mile Beach | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Seven Mile Beach | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Grand Cayman is a place to relax, unwind & listen to great country music tunes while taking long walks on Seven Mile Beach.

Seven Mile Beach | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Everyone loves the beach right? Even cute little doggies.

There is lots of food and drink (of course)…

Burger 'n Fries | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

The kids need their cheeseburgers and fries.

Burger 'n Fries | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

…so they say.

Everyone is obsessed with the chocolate bread pudding at Calypso Grill

Chocolate Bread Pudding | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

I stick to fresh salads, fruit, seafood and veggies that keep my waistline happy in a bikini and plaid shirt.

(If you know me well, then you could have guessed my choice eats.)

Salad at Calypso Grill | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

*hi*

Marla Meridith | Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Do you ask people to take pictures of you on the beach? I can not do that. Just can’t.

An iPhone self portrait will do.

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

I sure hope you enjoyed this visual journey of our vacation.

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Have you ever been to Grand Cayman?

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

I think you would love it too!

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Grand Cayman Island on FamilyFreshCooking.com

Related Posts on FamilyFreshCooking.com

1 Liz @ The Lemon Bowl January 2, 2013 at 4:32 am

I have been to Grand Cayman and I wish I was there right now!! I’m literally in three layers trying to stay warm in snowy Michigan. Thank you for taking us on your vacation!

2 Marla January 2, 2013 at 5:05 am

Ha! Definitely a contrast Liz. Stay warm over there girl ;)

3 Julie @ Table for Two January 2, 2013 at 5:18 am

In love with these pictures. The crystal blue waters and the SUN! I was in a long winter coat this morning. I’m longing to be where you are right now! Thanks for warming up our morning by sharing these gorgeous photos :) xoxo

4 Rosa January 2, 2013 at 5:21 am

A dreamlike place! Thanks for the lovely pics.

Happy New Year, Marla!

5 naomi January 2, 2013 at 6:13 am

I’ve never been. It looks GORGEOUS! Lovely post covering the beauty of the island.

6 Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch January 2, 2013 at 6:18 am

Gorgeous photos of such a lovely place, Marla. But my favorites are photos of your sweet family! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

7 Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain January 2, 2013 at 6:37 am

Marla, what stunning pictures! I have never been to Grand Cayman, but definitley need to go! My husband and I recently returned from Vieques, Puerto Rico and miss the beach terribly. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

P.S. I just saw that you live in Telluride! Yay! I live in Denver. Small world.

8 Marla January 2, 2013 at 7:02 am

Lauren, LOVE that you are a mountain girl too :) Bet Puerto Rico was beautiful. I have never been there…..

9 Leanne @ healthful pursuit January 2, 2013 at 6:47 am

Great pictures! Thanks for taking us on a little tour of the island. I’ve been once and loved it to bits. So nice that you have family there to stay with. Also, you look fabulous in the beach picture! By the second day of vacation, my hair is so unruly I wouldn’t let anyone snap a shot of me!

10 Marla January 2, 2013 at 7:03 am

Hi Leanne! We have such an amazing time with our family here. The only time some of us get to see each other every year. Special memories for all that is certain. Gets more fun too as my kiddos get bigger.

11 Amanda January 2, 2013 at 6:49 am

What beautiful pictures and scenery!!! It looks just breathtaking and fabulous Marla!

12 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance January 2, 2013 at 6:56 am

Beautiful pictures! Have a lovely vacation!

13 Kristen January 2, 2013 at 6:58 am

I have been and love it and wish I was there right now. I’m freezing!

14 Sommer@ASpicyPerspective January 2, 2013 at 7:04 am

How about next year I come with??? Looks gorgeous!

15 Emily January 2, 2013 at 7:19 am

What gorgeous photographs! And that chocolate bread pudding sounds amazing. Good for you for resisting the treats…happy new year, have fun!

16 Kevin @ Closet Cooking January 2, 2013 at 7:22 am

What a beautiful place! I am certainly missing the sun right about now! :)

17 Jenny Flake January 2, 2013 at 7:30 am

Oh what I would give to be there right now! Looks like heaven girl! Gorgeous photos :) xoxo

18 Heather (Heather's Dish) January 2, 2013 at 7:30 am

How about I come along on this same trip next year? ;)

19 Jennifer (Savor) January 2, 2013 at 7:33 am

Looks like a sweet fmaily reunion/vacation. Enjoy!

20 Tasha @ ThatsSoYummy January 2, 2013 at 7:41 am

Grand Cayman looks absolutely breathtaking… pictures are gorgeous. Definitely on my list of places to visit :-)

21 Maria January 2, 2013 at 8:01 am

So jealous! I will trade you! You can come ski in the snow:)

22 Natalie January 2, 2013 at 8:39 am

Really lovely photos! I badly want to visit Grand Cayman!

23 Faith January 2, 2013 at 9:57 am

Absolutely beautiful photos – what a wonderful vacation!!

24 HeatherChristo January 2, 2013 at 9:59 am

I forgot that you do this every year- SO FUN!!! enjoy your vacation!

25 Toni | Boulder Locavore January 2, 2013 at 10:00 am

Marla what a fabulous reprieve from our chilly, alpine temps to dive into your vacation for a few minutes! The photos tell the whole tale and are completely transporting. Thank you for the ‘arm chair travel’! Enjoy.

26 Esi January 2, 2013 at 10:00 am

So beautiful!

27 Cathy @ Noble Pig January 2, 2013 at 10:11 am

I’ve been there…love all the fresh food and walking on Seven Mile Beach…so lovely. Hope you had a great time.

28 Jean (lemons and anchovies) January 2, 2013 at 10:17 am

Just returned from Maui last night but have never been to Grand Cayman–would love to change this someday. Lovely pics!

29 Averie @ Averie Cooks January 2, 2013 at 11:01 am

I’m assuming that’s your sister in law or someone in your family with the backpiece/tattoo? Love it!!

And the pic of 7 Mile Beach – gorgeous

As well as the shot of you (looking good there!) and I agree about not asking people to take pics of you on the beach. I can’t do it either! lol

30 Gaby January 2, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Looks like such a fab vacay lady!! I need to get myself to the Cayman Islands stat!

31 Ashley - Baker by Nature January 2, 2013 at 3:40 pm

This post has me dreaming of the beach! Gorgeous photos – you look fab!

32 Denise Browning January 2, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Gorgeous scenery and pictures, Marla!!! Glad that you are enjoying your vacation and family as well. Your pics filled me with nostalgia…I lived in a tropical paradise like this one for 15 years. Recife, Northeastern Brazil, is in the coast so it is sunny most of the year and its beaches are absolutely stunning. Well, enjoy your trip. Wishing you a very happy new year!

33 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm

How gorgeous! Everything is so beautiful from the tropical waters, the landscape, the food and a couple of hottie Guys!! :) Thanks for taking us on your vacation! Have fun!!

34 Kelly Lester @EasyLunchboxes January 2, 2013 at 9:10 pm

What glorious photos Marla! The amazing time you must have had is just shining through all these images. Love!!!

35 JulieD January 2, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Love, love the pictures! I have never been and now I want to go!

36 Kathryn January 3, 2013 at 2:42 am

Happy new year! What a wonderful place to start 2013.

37 Joanne January 3, 2013 at 4:21 am

Have an excellent vacation my dear! I’ve never been to the Caymans but it looks beautiful!

38 aneesh January 3, 2013 at 7:45 am

nice collection of pics.

39 Deliciously Organic January 3, 2013 at 7:46 am

I hope you’re having a blast! Happy New Year!

40 Kirsten@ My Kitchen in the Rockies January 3, 2013 at 9:50 am

Happy New year Marla! The pictures speak volumes. We used to take an annual winter family vacation to the beach and everybody loved it. Fun memories. Grand Cayman is still on my list to visit.

41 Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today January 3, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Your pictures look amazing. Very, very positive. I simply love looking on it.

42 Laura (Tutti Dolci) January 3, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I’d give anything to be on that beach right now, gorgeous!!

43 najwa kronfel January 3, 2013 at 6:48 pm

It’s a beautiful place. Your beautiful photos brought back some memories when I went there many years ago. Happy new year!

44 Aimee @ Simple Bites January 4, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Marla, you have just transported me out of my snowy world to this tropical paradise! Your images are beautiful and your self portrait is just TOO cute.

45 Brooke @ Food Woolf January 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm

What a beautiful and colorful trip! Enjoy yourself!

46 Marian (Sweetopia) January 6, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Stunning! And Grand Cayman is too! ;-) I’m completely inspired by your bikini and plaid figure… I have such a sweet tooth (imagine that!?), and I’m going to try and remember this post and sticking to salads, fish, fresh fruits and veg. :)
Glad you had such a fabulous time down south!

47 Marla January 6, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Hi Marian! You are so sweet girl, no wonder why you have that sweet tooth ;)